Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (August 13)

I ran two errands before getting the grocery shopping out of the way.  It wasn't too bad today @KonaKat.  Sometimes, while I am waiting, I people watch.  There was a couple to the right of me with a full cart in the full cart u-scan aisle.  They decided to come in line behind me, also a full cart u-scan aisle.  The man wanted to go one row over and the lady told him it's the 12 items or less u-scan.  I was maybe 5 items from done and he decides to go into the 12 items or less u-scan.

For a minute there I thought there was going to be a minor uprising as it appeared he jumped the line in front of folks with 2-5 items.  I was glad my stuff was in the cart and I was on my way out.  I looked at the young guy who monitors all the u-scan activity at that end of the store and said, sweetie, you might want to call for reinforcements and I nodded my head in the direction of the grumbling.

While I was at the store, I found a nice shoe organizer (for what's left of my shoe collection). It looks like this

Image result for whitmoor 4 shelf shoe storage

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--That's a nice organizer. I need to do something like that for my shoes. I once  had two pair of identical shoes, one pair in black and the other in brown. I had been wearing them frequently but alternating them and had been parking them under the bed. One morning when it was very dark and the light didn't help much, I grabbed the pair I wanted to wear. When I got out in the bright light at work, one shoe was brown and the other black. So much for my "under the bed" organizing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

It's easy to put together Jean @KonaKat  Mine cost me $17.99.  I can tell you the Amazon has it.  Wherever you consider checking it out.  Here is the name of it

Whitmor 4 Tier White Wire Closet Shelves

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  I don't think I could order a mattress via TV or the internet, but one of my friends purchased a "sleep number" bed from here (years ago), and was very happy with it.  As I remember, there was some problem with the frame or whatever, and they made good on it.  There are two mattress stores nearby, and I think it would be good to buy a mattress there -- shop local as they say.  Fortunately, our mattress doesn't need to be replaced at this point.  

How awful about your credit card.  I have several, but knock on wood, I only had this problem once, many years ago (pre-internet times).  However, I have received several notices about my accounts being hacked, and I guess the thieves could use them any time. I have been given the free monitoring service, and I pay for insurance, but I would hate the hassle.   I'll be going to visit DH in an hour or so, and I hope he will be doing as well as yesterday. 

It is Charlene's son who goes to school at the University of VA.  I am glad he is safe, but what a horrible experience for him.  

You did a great job with the shoe thinning, Bernie.  I still haven't taken the time to go through my pants, but that is on the list.  Although I went through my shoes not long ago, they are still in need of thinning.  I like your new shoe rack.  I thought of you went I saw a birds nest (with bird) on my carport when I came home from the gym.  Earlier in the week, there was a bird on a nest in the back next to the patio, but I saw that nest is gone.  The birds around here (form of dove, I think) have  very bad habit of putting their nests in precarious places.  So often, I find a broken egg under the nest.  

Good luck with the packing, Marijane.  I really struggle with packing myself, and I know some (like Barbara) seem to be so good at not overpacking.  One of my Maryland buddies was leaving for  a three week trip to Scandinavia carrying a 21" piece and tote.  Wow!  

Looks like you are having a fun, if tiring time, Kathleen.  The funny part is that the lady was wearing a pair of Clark's sandals despite having 14 of the other brand.  Good that you stocked up on those pants.  I am still missing a pair of Sports Savvy yoga pants that developed a hole last summer.  Really attached to them for exercising.  I don't think I could handle a lively bar for very long, but I do enjoy dancing.  

I like checking a bag, Jean, and since I usually fly Southwest, it doesn't cost extra.  Even if I did have to pay, I would probably do so since I don't like struggling with trying to fit a bag in the overhead bins.  I have probably done the same thing with two different colored shoes, but more recently, I wore matching shoes, but not the color I planned to wear -- black and dark navy were just too close in color.

We had rain last night, and right now we are having a thunderstorm.  I was a little surprised since there was only supposed to be a 20 percent chance of rain.  I'm not complaining since rain is needed here in the desert.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for the weekend is over images

Respected Contributor

Bernie, she has several gay friends and even when none of them are going, they always go to the gay bars because people don't bother them/hit on them/harass them at all.  I had never been until I came back in October and we had so much fun I insisted we go to the same place.  Everyone on the dance floor dances together and is very positive, instead of leering.

Linda it has been nece and relaxing so far.  We had Mexican food for lunch - OH SO delicious!! Now back to take naps before DH and DD go off on their 24 hour fishing adventure.  I'm praying that he comes back with some fish!