Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (August 13)

Good morining ladies, hope all is well.

So, who is getting the TSV?  As much as I want a new mattress I don't know if I could get one via TV.  

Waiting to see how todays weather is going, it is supposed to be sunny and in the 80's, but sure doesn't look like it.  We weeded our garden yeserday, it looks so good.  I keep looking out at it.  I know, I should do it more often.  

I received a call from the fraud department yesterday for my credit card I use on the internet.  You guessed it, my card my hacked.  This will be the second time this year.  I am getting a little tired of it.  Guess this time two purchased did go thru this time, so I will have to do paperwork on it this time.  This is the only card I use on the internet and it only has a $1.000.00 limit. Still this is getting old.  

Glad to hear Arlene is doing okay, Jean, please keep us updated on her.  I have been hoping her and her furbabies are doing well.

Linda - Hope DH is doing well today.

Charlene - Is it your son in VA during these troubled times?  If so, hope he is okay.

Well I need to get to Wally World before it gets to crazy.  Hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (August 13)

Good Morning Susan @PAlady.  I don't know about buying a mattress online.  I did recently buy the Serta mattress topper TSV and I like it.

I surprised myself by sleeping in until around 8:45 this morning.  I'm eating my breakfast and watching a series binge of Ironside, lol.  I like Raymond Burr.  Eventually I'm going to need to get off of dead center and go to the grocery store, sigh.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies,thanks for starting Susan......hope you got to Wally World before the crowds, I went out to the store this morning and it was pretty empty, I think people are getting in their last licks of summer before school starts.

Good job Bernie of parting with some of your shoes.......I really have to do that too......I need someone o come in and just take them not telling me and I'd probably not miss them.

Beautiful day here again....not much going on.  I am mentally trying you figure what I want to take on our trip..I am trying to do .something I never ,ever done before.....I am trying to limit the luggage to one big one for the both of us.....plus our own carry on....my DH can fit all his stuff into his carry on I think....me..I take enough to be away for a month usually and come back with a lot of not worn stuff....so this will be a first for me if I can do it.  We will see.    

HAve a nice day everyone......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!  Susan, what a hassle to deal with.  I only have one CC so when there is fraud it's a big pain. I couldn't buy a mattress online either - nothing too big to comfortably send back is my guidline.

Linda, your outing sounded lovely. I can't imagine 14 of anything but I have def overbought some things - usually my lounge capri/sweats and I'm so glad I bought extra because the 3 pairs I wear are all wearing very thin.

Our flight was delayed a couple hours, and that led to us getting here at 1:30am. I was hungry and DD works nights so  in bed at 3:30am and we lazed all day. DD has a boyfriend (!) and he lives around the corner. He brought fresh salmon and halibut from his family Alaska trip last month and came over and made supper!!  It was SO delicious.  

We all went out last night to the gay bar scene.  The first one had a drag show in the dance floor area so we went to a different one and had a lot of fun dancing (of course everyone was drinking, but no one got out of control). A little after 11 it was just too loud and too crowded for me so we all came home. Beloved and I just got up.  The weather is perfect.

Respected Contributor

Marijane, I was so pleased with myself because my clothes fit in a duffle bag and I didn't even need an extra "carryon" bag, just brought one in case I shop while I'm here.

Bernie, isn't it nice to sleep in?  I was in bed at midnight and up at 9 and feeling good today.  

The sea birds are making noise in the distance, and in true California fashion all the windows are open here. The million dollar houses are all very tiny and older, but I love this area of SD.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I know you are enjoying girls in the house! I agree our country is pretty crazy. People are terrible.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread.. I have no idea how old my mattress is but it is working well, plus it has a  2 or 3 inch memory foam topper on it that I bought at Kohls when it was half-priced and I had a 30% off coupon. It was a great buy.

Bernie--I made the grocery store run yesterday while in the mood. Before going for groceries, I checked out Kohls next door. It was very crowded. I did see some great clothes but I didn't need any.

Marijane--I usually take clothes that mix and match. I don't do one of those big carryons as I can't lift it to put in the overhead. I usually have a small under the seat bag, my handbag, and the larger bag that goes underneath.

Kathleen--Those delays can be a nuisance. Even worse is when your flight arrives super early and the plane has to sit there until its gate becomes available. Your FB pics looked like you are really enjoying the trip.

Charlene--The Charlottesville situation is just a reminder that violence can happen anywhere when people of dissenting viewpoints gather. It shouldn't be that way, but it happens all too often. It is good that your son is safe

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1 I don't travel that much but the first few trips I took, I would pack a 30" pullman and every piece of the American Tourister navy luggage set that I bought.  The first time I went to NYC for a week, I packed the whole kit and kaboodle.  My Ma asked me if I was moving to NYC instead of just visiting.

I've gotten better over time.

Honored Contributor

@Rock_chick Kathleen, many years ago my middle sister and I went to Mardi Gras.  It was her idea, lol.  I learned early on that it is not the residents who are the problem, it's the people from out of state who figure they won't ever see most of these people again (before cell phones that took pics) so they got liquored up and vulgar pretty quickly.  I'm no prude and I don't like to be manhandled on the street either.  I partied on the LGBT side of the French Quarter and had a great time.  Good music, fun folks who like me, wanted to dance.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie,that was funny about your mom asking if you were moving to NYC instead of just visiting!