Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time - April 24th

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Gues the TSV would do me no good with all the rain we are supposed to get the next couple days.  We did get out and cut the grass on Sunday - it felt good to get out and do something in the yard.  I am afraid we are going to have a summer like last year.  It would rain and then we would get one good day and it would rain for two days.  

Not much going on here today, I have a list of things to do - we will see how many I get done.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time - April 24th

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Sorry about all your rain.  We could use some out here in the desert, but I would not care for rain, rain, and more rain.  We are expecting 90 degree temperatures again today -- pretty hot in the afternoon/early evening, but cool in the morning.  I like it.

No TSV for me -- I have had a number of fountains in the past, and they just don't work out for one reason or another.  I do enjoy them, just not in my house.

I did get some closet organizing and cleaning done yesterday -- good for a change.   And, I took several things to our local thrift shop.  Mostly household items, but some clothes as well.  I am sure I won't be missing them, and my closets needed a break for sure.  Reading what twinny said about cleaning out the closet of a relative (not sure if it was her Mom or Grandmother) gave me pause.  I sure don't want to leave a mess behind for DD or DH's DD.  Good reason to de-clutter -- not that I am expecting to pass away soon, but you never know.

DH was in pretty good shape yesterday -- awake and smiling.  He ate fairly well.  Hope that continues today.  I have the senior lunch program and gym before visiting him.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting the thread today Susan @PAlady  I haven't watched the weather forecast in days however it's overcast and looks like rain could be coming my way.  I looked at the TSV photo on the home page and it took me a minute to realize you just plop in into something filled with water.  

The lawnmower guy called me a little while ago to let me know he's be bringing my mower back from maintenance today.  My grass isn't ready to be cut yet however it's good to have the mower ready.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  I'm glad that your beloved had a good day yesterday.  When I purge things I frame it in my mind that it's a kindness to those I will leave behind.  To some degree that's why I traded in the Camaro last fall for the new car and have been working on the garage.  I don't think I'm going anywhere any time soon.  That said, why burden my sister with that stuff?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I agree with you; I think Summer this year may be very much like last year...almost non-existant. It is pouring the rain here also.

Linda--I have two fountains which are about to find a new home. I liked them when I first got them but last year, they were less than cooperative with me. I am glad that DH is smiling and appearing to be doing better.

Bernie--The lawnmower has been tuned up for you ready for that grass that will start growing thanks to warmer temps and the rain. I wish you hadn't mentioned the garage. It is badly needing my attention.

I worked today and will also at least the next two days. I came home and discovered the last 24 hour gardening event of the year. I can't believe I missed the others. Shows how much I am interested in gardening now. I turned over to see the news and saw some political debate in progress, so I returned to the Q. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, Susan thanks for starting the thread today.  As much as I love rain, I can see how it would get tiring where you live.  Hope you get many things on your list completed.  Linda - Glad your DH is doing well and you dropped off unneeded items.  Bernie - hope you didn't find any critters in the garage.   I haven't had a big purge in over a year, but I've done little ones here and there.  In fact, my storage shed and garage are still in pretty good shape, except for the dust.

I went to get lab work done this morning, but have to return this afternoon for one more thing.  Sigh.  Still determined to get it all done today though, because I really hate getting medical stuff taken care of.  I've also gotten some misc. chores done, including juicing lemons from the tree.  I have several ziploc bags full of frozen juice "cubes" now.  Great for lemonade in the long hot summer to come.  

Wish you all a great Tuesday!  ~  Charlene