Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time - Apri12th - Happy Easter!

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Happy Easter to everyone.  Hope you can enjoy the day in your own special way.  Oh no, I sound like Mr. Rogers. 

Well of course it will be a quiet day here today.  DH has not been feeling well the last couple days - fever, aches..  We did go and have him tested for the virus, but we think and the doctor thinks it may just be a bug he picked up at the hospital just from the way it has be acting.  So we will see in 5-7 days.  I was really looking forward to a really boring social distancing here.

Well not much going on here.  I am going to try to do a little cleaning today and we really need to start watching all the shows we record.  So it may be a little cleaning/TV day.

Hope everyone enjoys their morning.

Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time - Apri12th - Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

I hope your DH feels better soon!

Our house will be quiet today with me and DH too.  I'll be cooking up my DH's favorite today ... steak!  I'll make some "twice baked" potatoes too.  I'm planning on doing this in my air fryer. I'm new to air frying so, hope dinner comes out well.  Sees candy for dessert Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Susan @PAlady  and Happy Easter to you and all those who celebrate the day.

I'm sorry that your husband picked up a bug.  Does it take a long time to get coronavirus test results back?  

I just shelled all of the eggs that I boiled.  I'm letting them cool and then I will make my devilled eggs.  My sister cooked some things and she and I will be doing a porch swap of food.  I still need to make some Jiffy corn muffins.  It's been years since I made those and I picked up some of the mix over a week ago when I was thinking about the virus and remembering my Ma at the same time Heart

My sister and I bought the same flannel backed Easter tablecloth and put them on our kitchen tables.  Once she heats her food up and once I heat mine up and it's all plated, we will video chat over Easter dinner and pretend we're at the same table Woman Very Happy

I'll tell you what - we'll make it work.  Easter has always been her favorite holiday of all time and there was no way we were postponing Easter dinner so we had to get creative.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat   Happy Easter to you and your husband.

Super Contributor

Happy Easter All!   Enjoy your day.   Tallgal

Honored Contributor

Happy Easter @Tallgal 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Happy Easter!!

Today is cool, cloudy and a few sprinkles. Yesterday it was sunny but cool so it was great weather for me to clean out the front gardens of debris. They finally look presentable and I can see the bare spaces waiting for new plants. Today I may venture to front side. I have a trio of planter pots there and am going to try the hummingbird mint plants (they arrived yesterday). I think that might be it for the outside chores for today.

I was pleased to see that our holly bushes have grown down the side hill with all the rain. I have my fingers crossed that they fill up that hillside. I like holly. It looks nice all year and most critters do not want to eat  it or nest in it. Problems solved on that side of the house.

I didn't plan anything definite for our dinner tonight. I have a couple of ideas so that's good. I had my dil do some grocery shopping for us on Friday but wanted to keep it very simple with the just the basics for the 'fridge. Tomorrow I will pick up my prescription so I hav emy fingers crossed that the line isn't too long. 

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Easter to all who celebrate.  

Very sorry that your DH is not feeling well, Susan.  Really hope it is just a "bug" rather than the virus.  I guess it takes 5-7 days to be sure?  I'm sure it is worrying to both of you.  Extra cyber hugs.

Waves and Happy Easter to our new posters.

That is sweet how you and your sister are celebrating Easter, Bernie.  I still buy that corn muffin mix despite making my own from scratch often.  I like that it only makes a few muffins rather than a larger batch when I make my own.  The flannel-backed tablecloths sound cute, and I hope your video chat.

Glad many of your plants seem to be doing okay, Fressa.  I am a fan of holly myself.  When I was very young, my parents planted a holly tree (for me) in the yard, so it holds a special place in my heart.  Hope you don't have any issues picking up your prescription tomorrow.

The Fire Department visited my across the street neighbor this morning.  This is not uncommon, but I don't know what the problem is.  My guess (given that three strong guys went in and came out in a little while) that the husband fell, and they were helping him up.  I called them quite a few times when DH had fallen, and they were great.

According to the very local newspaper, five patients and three caregivers at the assisted living/memory care facility where DH lived for two years have tested positive for the virus.  I am not surprised since that seems pretty common in nursing facilities.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a peaceful and safe day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Easter to those of you that celebrate this special occasion.

Susan, I am so sorry that your DH isn't feeling well.  Prayers and hugs that it's just a bug.

Shybobcat, there were only two of us for lunch today too, but I made the dinner table look extra nice.  We did miss not having family here with us, but keeping healthy is our #1 concern right now.

Tallgal, hi to you too.

Bird Mama, your Easter dinner plans with your sister sound very nice.  Enjoy your good meal.

Fressa, I have never seen a live holly plant in a yard.  I have to go to my pharmacy tomorrow too and hope that it's not busy.  I tried to get my rx a couple of weeks ago & they said that it was too early.

Linda L, that's sad about the virus at your dh's care facility.  I don't have a Green Thumb.  Never did & never will.  As long as the grass grows and my DH can mow it,  I am happy.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

It was nice & sunny this morning, but looks like rain.  Then we are supposed to get a dusting of ❄❄❄ tonight or tomorrow morning.

We had a nice surprise before lunch as soon as we got out of the hot tub.  My DH yelled from the basement, look out the window.  It was a caravan of about 25 cars with young couples driving along both sides of our house with signs saying Happy Easter.  We went out on the porch and waved at them.  It really brightened my day.

It was kind of sad with just the two of us for lunch, so I set the table fancy just like I would for company.  Nice dishes, glasses, cloth napkins, a fancy tablecloth & centerpiece of bunnies and eggs.  My DH said "gee, it looks nice, is somebody coming.  No!

We had ham, scalloped potatoes and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Crystal light to drink.

Our dsil called last night to see how we are doing & sent a nice email this morning.  He is so thoughtful and knows our pain right now.

Our ds called last night and is working with his Chiro & PT patients over the phone which is a good thing.  

Just going to have a lazy day.  

Glenda