Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - 12/10

Hello to everyone, seems we have all been busy today. Thanks @PAlady, for starting the thread. Hope the wrapping paper holds out and you can get all the gifts finished up tonight. I love your plan to get out and do more in 2016. I would have to drag my hubby out by the hair, once he gets in from work he has no desire to go anywhere, even on weekends.

@pinky ann, truth be told I don't have the energy anymore to get out a whole lot, but think if we did, it would make us feel better. I like to change up my menus from time to time.

@LindaLatte, enjoy the Downton Abbey showing tonight. You certainly deserve a nice evening out. You really got quite a lot accomplished today.

@Bird mama, hope you have fun at your neice's on Christmas Eve, and no cooking for you, yay!

@hiker112, welcome to the ODAT thread. I wimped out as far as gift buying/wrapping this year, went strictly for gift cards, except for hubby. So only a few gifts to wrap for me.

@twinny70, so sorry about your mom, I know how sad that situation can be. I hope you get your white Christmas and keep it up there, I don't care if we don't get snow again, ever, lol.

@spix, I haven't done any baking yet either. I made a list, by day, of what I wanted to get done this week, well I am 1 full day behind that schedule.

Don't know what my problem was last night, but have been up since 2am, I am really sleep deprived about now, lol. I had my shower, dressed, and at 7am moved my car out of my driveway, drove around and parked it the next street over, before the construction crew arrived. Then walked back home and did a few things, left to go to gas station, post office, donation drop off, Walmart for a few things and last stop was my hair apptmt. When I got back home, found there was another gas leak, good grief, so work on the water lines had come to a stop again. I finished cleaning my guest room. By then it was getting a little cool in the house, as I always open a couple windows to be sure no gas will build up inside when there is any kind of leak. Finally after over 3 hours the utility company came and re-lit the water heater so the leak was fixed. We are expecting up to 3" rain this weekend, so it will be a total mudhole where they are now working, ugh! I just heated up some leftovers for supper tonight, but did make dessert, so hubby was happy. I was going to go to the Farmers Market Christmas Market tonight, but I think I will skip it, don't have the energy left for that. Hope all have a good evening/night. Waves......

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome hiker112.  LINDA L,  How nice to get your DD the DB coat.  How nice to get free tickets to the Downton Abbey previews.  BIRD MAMA, It sounds like you have bought some nice gifts & can enjoy Christmas Eve dinner out with your family.  We will be upper 50's all weekend.  PINKY, I do things little by little too.  It does eventually get all done but not always as quickly as I used to do things.  I agree about changing your menu for next year.  SPIX, Good intentions are better than none as I tell myself.  On a sad note, my DH's classmate that was dying passed away this afternoon.  Such a lovely lady that knows the Lord so that is a lot of comfort to her family right now.  Bar b cued chicken for supper.

Respected Contributor

Twinny:  Hugs to you.  It is so hard to see how frail our loved ones get.

Time is zipping by--I still have things to get accomplished but I don't want to stress over it!