Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (10/31). Happy Halloween

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Hope everyone is having a spooktacular day.

Not much going on here, we took the dog to the vet for her checkup and shots.  The vet put some stuff in her ears to help clean the wax out, so right now my dog is being the drama queen shaking her head and rubbing her eyes info on everything (me included).

Kathleen -  When do you go back and get your dog?  I would be nuts without mine, eventhough she can drive me nuts.

Well need to get a few things done here, we have trick or treat here tonight.  Of course my garage door broke this morning and now my car has to sit outside tonight.  Sometimes you just can't win.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day At A Time (10/31). Happy Halloween

@PAlady

I grew up in Detroit without a driveway, so I had many years of street parking.  The house I bought in 2001 has an attached garage and it's been a toss up since whether I love the house or the garage more.  I am so sorry that your garage door broke and you can't park your car inside of it.

Not much going on other than work, which is okay, lol.Image result for happy halloween

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, stay safe,

Image result for happy halloween animated pics

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Funny about your drama queen dog.  I remember that one of my dogs seemed to limp at times, but the vet said there was nothing wrong.  Maybe a play for sympathy.  

Sorry about your garage door.  I have never had a garage, but we do have a carport here.  DD has had a garage, but never parked cars in there.  Go figure.

Cute graphics Bernie and meallen.  I have wondered if I would be happy with a garage or not Bernie.  DH and I rented a house with a garage for a month, and I remember having lots of problems with remembering the remote.  I do like the idea of the extra covered space and protection for the car(s).  

It would be great to see you in person, Kathleen.  I live south of Tucson. Hope that is on your route.

Waves to Jean (working), Arlene, twinny, snicks (hope you had a great birthday), Essie, Marijane, Barbara, Karen, Gayle, Charlene (cute costumes!), Rosa, LindaR, 3suwm5, butterfly, and all of our posters and readers.

I took my long walk this morning (not nearly as long as Saturday, but an hour and a half or so), and I plan to visit DH and feed him lunch.  I will return at 2:00 for their Halloween Party, and then come home to get ready for the Halloween potluck.  One of the cheeses I purchased is supposed to sit at room temperature for an hour (brie).  

I finally made an apple pie yesterday evening, and I'll take that to DH's facility.  They may not need it today, but maybe tomorrow.  His very thoughtful daughter sent an e-mail offering to pay for a birthday trip for me (December), and I have to say that I have thought about the idea of doing something special this year.  But, I keep going back and forth about the idea of leaving DH for a few days, etc.  He really brightens when I visit him,and I hate the idea of him being sad.  Decisions, decisions.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone and thanks @PAlady for the start. Sorry about your garage door. I miss having a garage, we just have a carport here. Hope your "drama queen" gets over it soon, lol, and that it solves the problem. We haven't had any trick or treaters since we moved to this house. It's on a dead end and is kind of dark down our street, so I never get any treats any more, hubby and I certainly don't need any temptation.

@Bird mama and @meallen616, cute graphics.

@LindaLatte, you are busy as usual. That was very nice of your DH's DD to offer the trip. I think you should take her up on the offer. I understand your thoughts on it though. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

The family reunion was very nice. Both of the brothers who have passed were remembered by all, but it was not dwelled upon, there was talk though about the need to see each other more often though rather than wait till someone else passes, which is often the case these days. I stupidly (lol) volunteered to host another  reunion next summer while the pool will be open. I really don't mind, but it is a lot of work when it is at your house. A case of open mouth, insert foot, for me.

I've been outside, blowing leaves this morning. I have a huge pile, but it's too windy to burn, maybe I can do that tomorrow. We will be having sandwiches for dinner, so much food left from yesterday. Works for me, lol.

Hope everyone has a happy halloween. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All.  Thanx @PAlady for the start, sorry about your garage door, is it just the "opener" or the door itself? if it's just the opener, pull the release & open manually.

@Snicks1, you are a good person, hosting the reunion next year, I'm sure everything will be perfect.  Take care with those leaves.

@LindaLatte Hope you have fun at the party, they'll love having homemade apple pie, DH can have some of his ice cream on his.

I agree take up the vacation offer, a break will be good for you

@meallen616 Happy Halloween to You!

@Bird mama  I love my garage also, wish it was attached, especially in bad weather, but is on the alley, we really don't have many driveways in the city, maybe I could build a 50' hallway  lol

Did get to BB&B, but didn't find what I wanted at the $$ I wanted to pay, did however get a Cubs "W" lanyard to wear with my O'Hare badge tomorrow, along with my Cubs sweatshirt, we are diehards.

Waves & Hugs to All

Essie

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- I'm getting a really late start.  Windy here today, so I had to babysit the trash cans until they were picked up. 

Just order in pizza tonight, so my DH can scare the trick or treaters.  He usually looks out the window to see if it is young ones at the door or older ones.  Then he knows if he can be scary.

We broke into our candy over the weekend, so I'm happy it will be gone after tonight.

Dogs are so funny, especially for us, as we don't have any of our own.  We witness the funny things without any clean up. ha

@PAlady  We've had several garage doors break over the years, or the power out, so I can't access my car.  That really lets us know how dependent we are on those crazy things.  I know what that feels like, sorry about the door.  We have a third vehicle and only 2 car garage in this property, so we always have one out in the elements.  Hoping we don't have any surprises with tonight's activities, as we are waiting for our new vehicle to arrive and will be trading that one for it.  Fingers crossed.

@birdmama, @meallen616 - thanks for great pics.

@LindaLatte  Enjoy your lunch and party with DH.  Happy to hear he is still doing quite nicely in his new surroundings.  A long walk sounds so nice.  How wonderful you have an offer for your birthday.  An apple pie sounds delish - I'm been drinking honeycrisp apple cider for about a week or so now, loving it.

@Snicks1 happy to hear you had fun with the reunion.  My DH generally volunteers us for things, I know not to say anything because he usually beats me to it.Smiley Indifferent We don't entertain much, so I go along with it.

@spix nice to see you here today.  I haven't been to BB & B in a long while.  That store along with Hobby L makes me crazy, so much inventory.  You could be in there for days.  I do like some of the items, but it's just too overwhelming for me.Woman Frustrated  Your Cubs find sounds great.

Over the weekend we had dinner out at a mexican restaurant.  They had what they called 'witchcraft' adult beverage.  It had dry ice in the bottom of the glass, so it smoked like some kind of potion.  It was something different for sure, and it was good.  Other than groceries this week and that car deal; my CCs are padlocked for sure, maybe for the next year or so -- just groceries.

We also had very sad news about a dear friend that will be talking with a hospice center this week.  Her health is deteriorating quickly and they need to get things in place.  The entire family was in town to celebrate her '60th' and her DH feels it may very well be her last.  The medical treatments have not done a thing for her.

So, I'm asking for your prayers for this very special friend of ours.  That her journey will be as comfortable as possible for her and her family.    I thank you, my friends, for all your prayers.

God bless you all.  Thank  you.

Honored Contributor

@3suwm5

I will pray for you friend 3suwm5. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I worked today and then had to run some errands after work, as well as taking advantage of the time difference to do some telephone biz with the West Coast.  I have PT tomorrow and then will meet my niece for earlyy dinner tomorrow to fine tune departure plans for Puerto Rico next week.

I haven't had time to read the posts but wish each of you the best.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm posting really late today, but I just got in from running errands.  Susan - hope your garage door gets fixed soon, and that your furry drama queen will get back to "normal".  I plan on taking my dog to the vet tomorrow to get her shots.   Linda - what a nice offer from your DIL, and very nice of you to make treats for the center and home.  Snicks - Since we moved to our current house, we've had no trick or treaters either.  Our road is dark with no sidewalks.  Our current house is the first time we've had a big enough garage to park a car in it.  I didn't know what I was missing.  I love keeping my car in a garage!   3suwm5 - it's so hard not to be tempted to break into the candy!  Also, sorry that your friend has grown so ill, I'll be praying along with Bernie.

Had fun at the Halloween party we went to on Saturday.  Realized that one of the guests was a girl I knew back in high school, so it was fun to reconnect.  We also had a little bit of rain in the past day or two.  It has made everything look so pretty.  In the picture I posted on facebook you can see some of our lantana blooming behind me.  Happy plants!  Just as my DH was about to take that picture, Harper (our dog) reached up and gave me a big lick.  Made me laugh and I liked the way the picture turned out.

Had fun shopping today.  We have a health food store called Sprouts which moved locations.  I stopped by, and everything was 25% off.  I stocked up on a variety of nuts which I keep in the freezer.  I also bought some essential oils.  I am going to use them to make some homemade Poo-Pourri.  (There is a thread about making homemade Poo-Pourri here on the QVC forums.)  

Now I'm kind-of tired, but will have to be cooking dinner soon.  I would prefer to take a nap, lol.  Hope you all stay safe and have fun tonight.  ~  Charlene