Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Da At A Time (Tuesday, Jan. 9th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

We are having a heat wave today, we are at 34 degrees.  I took the dog for a walk this morning and decided to use the driveway.  It was ice!   The poor dog went down and could not get up and I am trying to get to the grass so I can get her pulled up.  I am sure it was quite a sight.  I felt so bad for the dog, she seems to be doing okay.

Hope everyone's weather is better this week than last week.  I feel bad for California, first fires now mudslides from rain.  

Not much going on here today, I do have some ironing to do and need to get busy on the decluttering again.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Da At A Time (Tuesday, Jan. 9th)

We have the same weather here in New Jersey, temp and terrible ice!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b8/28/a5/b828a5eaa67318c05e3852b97c725e6d--good-afternoon-quotes-evening-quotes.jpghttp://www.imgion.com/images/02/Enjoy-your-winter-day-with-lovely-snowman.gif

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....same weather here Susan,(poor dog,good thing you didn't fall.) and Meallen....I have no idea why everything is underlined...does anyone know?

Still taking down Christmas decos....got the tree down and out so town can pick it up...whenever.

Next few days are supppsed to be warm so hopefully a lot of snow will go.

Thats about it...this underline is annoying!!    HAve a nice day.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maryjane -  I usually turn the computer off and then restart it.  That usually fixes my problems, if it doesn't, I call my sister.  Sorry , but can not help you.    Good luck getting your Christmas decorations down.

Meallen -  Love the graphic.  Be careful on the ice.

Just came in from walking the dog and breaking up the ice at the end of the driveway.  Is it Spring yet??????

Have a good afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  So sorry about the ice problems, Susan.  Glad you didn't fall, and the dog seems okay.  Good luck with the ironing and decluttering. 

Nice graphic meallen.  Sorry you are also having ice issues.

I don't know how to fix computer problems like that, Marijane.  I usually try restart, and hope for the best.  It does not always work, but.....

It is a bit windy and cloudy here, but nice and warm.  We are expecting rain tonight, and much cooler temperatures tomorrow (highs in the upper 50's) after several days with highs in the 70's.  The rain is much needed, and I know that our cooler temperatures are way warmer than many places.  I'm not complaining.

DD said they had ice issues in Maryland yesterday and this morning.  It was supposed to warm up later today.  Two of my grandsons went into DC for a concert yesterday evening, and both DD and I were concerned about the ice problem.  Fortunately, they made it home okay, if rather late.  And, DD should be getting her car back late this afternoon.  A sensor froze up the other day, so that needed to be replaced.

I'm back from the senior lunch program -- all went well, and headed to the gym soon.  Then, I will visit DH.  He didn't eat very well yesterday, but he was extremely sweet.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I love many VPH things, but so far, I have resisted purchasing anything.  As Jean says, resistance is not futile.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Yes, it was icy today and you were fortunate that yoiu didn't break a bone when rescuing the furbaby. I hope the ironing went well. I don't know what ironing is but I do have a great steamer a Rowenta I bought from the Q.

mealller--Thank you for the great graphic.

Marijane--When you went to enter your info in the reply box, you may have accidentally hit the "u" for underline that is at the top of the reply. I highlighed it in yellow and posted below:

TexQ.JPG

Linda--I wouldn't complain about your weather either. We can't control Mother Nature but some of us can envy your weather descriptions. I ho.pe your visit with DH finds him eating again. I know this has to be a concern for you.

We had the severe icing on roads locally also today so schools in our were closed. A principal in another district but who lives in our district started out to work and almost slid into a creek. After another attempt and a slide, she just parked the car, walked back to the house, called and told them she wasn't coming in.

One of the towns about a 100 miles away is almost out of water because of people running water to keep their pipes from freezing. Two homes have burned as a result of improper heating of pipes. It is time for this to be over

I did odds and ends around the house, exercized and then, after lunch, went back to bed where I like to read. I hadn't been sleeping well during this weather so I went to sleep with the cat keeping me warm.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Jean...but whatever the problem was it's not there anymore and I didn't do anything just logged on prepared to try Linda's and Susan's suggestions too but the underline is gone.....so who knows what the problem was!    We had gotten a weather alert about icing up tonight because temps are falling.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--I think the website is "sick."  When I posted my replay, the blank box for posting came up instead of that message about "your message has posted." I wasn't going to post that stuff again but checked the thread on another tab and it had posted.

I just heard the weather. The conditions are setting themselves up for another storm this weekend. I am so tired of this stuff. I'm also getting low on food and was planning to grocery shop when I took my car to the city next Mondy for its checkup, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - no ice here, but finally... RAIN!!!  We've gotten about 2 inches of rain since yesterday.  Happy Day!!!

My DH and I rain errands today, driving carefully around flooded areas, and my big purchase was a classic black wool coat from Burlington.  I kept being tempted by various jackets and coats, but realized that the only one I could consider a "need" was a dressier black coat.  I love my older one (and it's still in great shape), but alas, it's about 2 sizes too small.  I was happy to find one that I like for a reasonable price.  Now I hope that I can keep the coat "wanties" at bay.  This coat is my first purchase of the year.

I'm sitting here watching T.V. and looking out the window at the gray skies and rain, happy as can be.  Will be making corn chowder for dinner.  Waves to all  ~  Charlene 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oy, I'm late.  We had a little touch of slipperyness this morning on the way to work.  As I understand it, I will possibly looking at an Ice Capades commute tomorrow - freezing rain warning from 6am until 11am.  It's supposed to get into the 50's by Friday.  Then, the bottom falls out and the next day the high is in the teens.  I think my sister said we are expecting several inches of snow Friday night into Saturday and then a few more inches of snow on Saturday. 

Despite all of this, I'd rather have what I have than the mudslides.  I cannot even imagine :-(

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise