Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODT - Dec. 1st

Hi girls!  It's another nasty day - it's been pouring buckets, although the warm weather continues.  I had no choice but to go out - I had to deposit some money in the bank to cover some checks.  Last night I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards and had a bunch of stuff to drop off at the food pantry; fortunately they were still open to take donations.  It'll be nice to not have stuff falling out every time I open a cabinet door!  Afterwards I made a last (hopefully) trip to Dollar Tree for the year, dropped off the second defective Kindle at UPS (so far the new one seems OK), and made it to the library just before they closed.  More rain is forecast for tomorrow, but I don't have to go anywhere. I don't like driving in traffic in such heavy rain, and the road to my bank is up a mountain with lots of sharp twists and turns.  They don't bother me - I used to it after living in Hawaii - but I hate doing it in the rain.

Last night for some reason my first boyfriend came to mind.  Like many psychopaths, he was as sweet as could be at first, then once he had me in his clutches, well...let's just say my abusive husband was an angel in comparison!  (Having had an abusive father, it was pretty much inevitable that I'd fall into abusive relationships...)  Anyway, I did a search on him (he was pretty well known on the NYC music scene) and discovered that he died a few weeks ago, as he always had heart problems.  Surprisingly, he had been married - I pity the poor woman.  Not for the first time I found myself thinking how funny it is that someone who was once the center of your life and whom you loved very much can end up meaning less than nothing to you...as was the case with him.  Then again, I may go out to dinner to celebrate that the world has one less psychopath in it...  Cat Wink  Seriously, he was totally evil...

Bird, I had to have a lot of dental work done, and the thought of that big needle terrified me, so with the exception of  root canals and extractions, I don't take anything. I guess I have a high threshhold for pain. Hope you're feeling OK. 

Twinny, hang in there - everything WILL get caught up. At least thanks to computers you can write a newsy sort of letter to put into all the Christmas cards just once and print off as many copies as you need.  Did you know you can also print address labels on the computer?

LindaL, I know how hard it is; I remember having to shave my late husband.  You'll get through this - I'm praying for both you and twinny.

Well, I just had some of the Chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce that I had found in Ollie's for dinner; it was what I grew up on after my mother discovered it and switched from putting catsup on spaghetti. (Although it took her a while to realize you're supposed to heat it up...)  It was absolutely wonderful, but then again, I didn't leave it "as is" - I browned some ground beef and a sweet pepper in olive oil, then added the sauce.  Absolutely yummy!  At 99¢ for a large jar, I may have to stop at Ollie's next time I go out and get a few more jars - you never know what you'll find in that store, and who knows when/if they'll have it again.

Well, I found some good movies I can watch for free on Prime, so maybe that's how I'll spend my evening - it's a lazy kind of day, with this weather.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed evening!