Respected Contributor
Good morning ladies. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. The fire is still very tough. They are at least allowing some folks to return. But there are more evacuations in areas that were affected by the 2011 fire. They are expecting winds to pick up this afternoon.

Two by: hugs to you. It is so hard to deal with an aging parent

LindaL: hugs to you. I know you also have a lot to deal with. Not an say task. When I was dealing with issues I kept reminding myself I wouldn't be given more than I could handle. Prayers for you dear lady!

We have been having record breaking hot temps. Don't know what that means for our winter.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT. thursday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

LindaR - Thank you for starting us today, I do hope the fires die down.  Are these fires near you, if you said, I missed it.  If I could, I would send you some of our fall weather, we are at 56 degrees right now.

Not much going on today, just got my walk in so I am just full of energy right now (rolling eyes now).  I do have yard work to do today after lunch, hopefully it will dry up a little.  I do have to get two coats I ordered ready to send back.  I ordered two sizes and one is too small and the other is too big, I just can't win. 

Well off to think about what is for lunch, thank goodness we go shopping tomorrow.  Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Oh I hate the return shuffle. The fires are about ten miles from me.
Esteemed Contributor

LINDA R, I am so sorry that the fires are still raging.  How awful to have to leave your home.  I got up early & washed the patio door that leads out to our hot tub.  Then I washed my shower curtain & hung it outside only to get a brief freak shower.  Went to the library to see if my DH's class reunion picture made print yet which it did not.  Came home & hung out the curtain liner as it is sunny again.  Will fix a quick lunch & then go to walgreen's to get some pictures that our DD sent there from our DGS's first homecoming.  Our DD is still pretty sick yet but at least the chills & fever are gone.  She was diagnosed with pneumonia on Sunday.  She thinks that she may have cracked some ribs as the pain is excriciating when she has to cough.  Hopefully she will feel better by Saturday.  I will be at the clinic all afternoon with mom as she first gets shots in the left eye & then has an appt. with her GP.  Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started LindaR.  I certainly hope those fires are put out soon, and people can go back to their homes.  I do appreciate your prayers.  Yesterday was a mixed day, but ended at a bad point.  So far, things are going okay.  My back is not completely normal, but much more so.  I was able to bend down to dress DH and put on his shoes without too much pain, and I was able to walk faster this morning.  

Glad you got your walk in Susan.  What a shame about the coats.  Hope you can find another one that works.

I am continuing to pray for you twinny.  You certainly have your hands full with your Mom.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Bernie, snicks, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, Barbara, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

I had a call from the nurse at the adult day services yesterday -- she was concerned about DH's TB test results.  He cannot return to the facility until he has a chest x-ray showing no TB or has treatment.  I picked him up a tad early, and he was having a good time.  I am trying to be calm, but the idea that he cannot go there is so upsetting to me.  

Anyway, the doctor said his blood work is normal/fine, and he ordered the x-ray.  We walked to the next group of medical buildings, and he had the x-ray yesterday afternoon.  Fortunately, they were not busy at all.  Anyway, the technician told me that once you have a positive TB skin test, you will always have one.  It means that you have been exposed to TB at some point.  

I talked to DH's DD (who is a doctor), and she said that her patients who have latent TB (that is what I am guessing DH has), end up taking medicine for nine months (antibiotic type).  And, the medicine can cause liver? problems so they need to have monthly monitoring. 

If that weren't bad enough news for me, DH had an accident (bathroom) late in the evening, so I was doing laundry and giving him a shower around 10:00 p.m.  Needless to say, it took a while for me to calm down and go to bed.  My hope is that today will continue to be a much better day.  I'm also hoping to hear from the doctor today or tomorrow so I can see what needs to be done before DH can return to the day services facility.

I think someone asked, and his DD will be here next Wednesday afternoon.  It will be great to have her, but her visit will be quite short -- she will be leaving Friday morning.  Her schedule is very busy.  It is a blessing that she cares so much for her Dad, and helps me with making decisions, etc.

It is cloudy here this morning, and they are saying it might rain today and/or tomorrow.  No record high temperatures, but still quite warm (should reach the low 90's today.)

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda. Hugs to you I didn't know that about TB but it does make sense. Hopefully he can return as he seems to enjoy it. I know you will be glad to have his DD visit even though it is brief.

The fire is moving into the State Park. Closer to my direction. Area has so heavily affected four yrs ago. They had replanted thousands of seedling trees.
Respected Contributor

Linda, I have the TB carrier.  I had medicine when I was very young - don't even remember it, but the skin test is awful and always comes up positive.

LindaR I sure hope that fire gets contained and extinguished.  It's doggie day here.  We played with other dogs at the park (she was a little scared) and then went to the pet store.  I'm thinking abouit my book now.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. Fires are so destructive when out of control. I do hope you don't have problems. I saw some footage of the fires.

Linda--You have quite a lot to deal with. I do hope DH is able to return soon to the Daycare as it was such a promising  solution. It is good that his DD will be able to visit even if it a short visit.

Susan--Sorry that you have to return both coats. It is a risk when we order and have things shipped to us.

Twinny--I do hope DD gets over the pneumonia soon. The coughing can create problems. I also hope your mother is doing better.

Kathleen--I know yu are looking forward to returning to your home this weekend.

I've been very busy and sometimes the evening has been so hectic that I haven't dropped in. I don't really have much to talk about. I've just been working almost every day. I think I'll be spending the trip relaxing from the work.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Checking in real quick; I'm on the home stretch of my M.Div. - the final papers have to be written and submitted by the weekend.  I have about 1/4 of one done and will finish that one tonight; the other was originally due tomorrow but the prof gave us an extension until Sunday, although I do plan to stay in tomorrow and try to get it done.  Once I'm finished I'll take me out to dinner to celebrate my graduation.  (Unlike my so-called "friends," I can count on me to show up!) 

Today I had to go to the banks - one to pay my mortgage and the other to deposit some money and get postage reimbursement, so that involved a drive to Jasper. It's a beautiful day out, but I was disappointed to see that the leaves haven't even begun to turn in the valley.  I got a bag of clothing dropped off for the missions closet and picked up covered shoe boxes and the forms for Operation Christmas Child; the church ladies who cover those shoe boxes do a beautiful job on them.  I can wrap regular packages just fine, but the separate top and bottom of a box come out a mess.

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems some of you have been having; LindaL, my heart goes out to you - I know how hard it is to care for a spouse with health problems.  LindaR, the thought of those fires makes me sick..another reason to long for the Lord's kingdom, when such things will be no more.

The new Kindle Fire may have to be exchanged; the sound volume on this one drops considerably after listening to something for a few minutes - it shouldn't be doing that.  I talked to someone at Amazon last night using  Mayday on the old Kindle (the one new doesn't have that feature); nice person, but from both seeing and hearing the person, I couldn't tell you if it was male or female. Oh well...

Well, I have a headache; I'm going to lie down for an hour, then get back to work.

Have a blessed evening, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Another hectic day :-)

I don't have much to say other than I'm thinking positive thoughts for all of you.  I did receive a funny email this evening.  JCP is hiring holiday help and sent me an email announcing it - man I must be doing more shopping there than I thought, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise