Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Haven't been around for awhile, I am treating a pinched nerve and my Grandfather died last week, so I have had a busy couple weeks. This pinched nerve has kept me on my back for about 2 weeks. Just the last few days have I been able to be up and moving around.

Kathleen - Saw all your pictures and you and DH looked "fabulous". Glad you had such a good time.

Jean - Are you getting any of this weather, we may get an inch today, but that should be it.

Well got to get moving have to pick up some stuff for the dog. Hope everyone has a great day.

Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

PAlady, sorry to hear of your loss and the pinched nerve. I hope that things are going better now.

We have a few inches of slush and mess. I did not have any trouble getting to work though, this was my first time driving myself in inclement weather in a long time. My DH always did that, it has been 8 months of alot of firsts.

We will be slow today at work because of the weather and Thanksgiving. You won't hear me complain.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I am sorry about your loss and the pinched nerve. One alone is bad but the combo must have been difficult. It is good that you are able to move about more but please take it easy.

Rosa--It has been 8 months of firsts for you Driving in this kind of weather can be a challenge; sometimes, the road conditions are deceiving.

I was up at 5am so it will be a long day I just checked outside to see if all my trash bags and boxes had been removed. Yes, it is snowing. Boo hiss! I'm in the area that is expected to get only an inch but the mountain area is expected to get much more. I guess I'll spend the remainder of the week seeing what I can eliminate, do laundry, etc. Next week is eat far less and then spend a day drinking that yucky colon cleanser stuff. Today, I had to discontinue the iron supplement. Tomorrow, I discontinue the morning aspirin and three days before the procedure, I discontinue the Xarelto blood thinner.

I am in a Michael Kors mood right now. I resisted temptation. My eye glasses are Michael Kors so I might treat myself for my birthday in April when the Spring thaw begins. I see that the WEN December TSV is on its way to me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

It is getting to the point that there is little difference in the products offered at this time of the year on QVC and HSN. I have that set of telescoping flashlights with the magnet and they have come in very handy. I just switched over to HSN.com and what did I see? The telescoping flashlights but a different brand. This morning, when I first turned on QVC, they were pushing that ID blocker that you roll over and put in symbols to make it had to read. What are they pushing on HSN right now? ID Blocker stamping kit!

I need to check out Body Shop online for its Black Friday sale. We don't have one close but there are some of their products I like much better than Bath and Body Works.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I placed my Body Shop order which enabled me to get two of the $125 totes of goodies for $30 each. I do this each year and split them up into gifts, etc. The products contained in the bag include full sized items of body butter, shower cream, hand cream, bar of soap, etc. as well as limited number of travel sized items or 9 items in all. I like Body Shop products and wait each year for this sale to get my goodies.

The doctor's office called and wanted to know if I could come in early at 8:30 on Friday. I'm not doing the Black Friday thing so it is no problem. I did Black Friday once to see what it was all about. That was enough; give me online shopping!

I think I'll head for the Kindle to finish the novel before I decide to buy something that is "Buy, Bow and Go." I spent $120+ online at the Body Shop so that is enough but it makes for easy gifting!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, Hoping you are feeling better bit by bit. Sorry about your loss. Prayers & hugs going out to you.

Rosa, It sounds like you will have great food & company tomorrow. Yes, you are going through ots of firsts I am sure. My BF would have had her birthday yesterday & we always had a nice lunch out together. I still miss her every day. We got 3" of snow on Monday, but hopefully the roads will be fine for the upcoming holiday weekend.

Jean, It sounds like your snow will be minimal which is good. Drinking that awful drink next week is no fun, but a necessity of life. Just have some good reading material in the bathroom. Good luck in that matter too. Cute cartoon. I rewarded myself to a wine cooler in the hot tub a couple of weeks ago. I usually only get one on New Year's Eve.

RC, You & your DH are sure a couple of cuties. What fun. Did you get lucky with the slots? cute dress & pretty hair.

I did some baking this morning so I can just do the turkey, stuffing & potatoes tomorrow for lunch. Mom got a free pumpkin pie from her bank. My Niece & her DH & DC will be arriving here tonight around 10:00 p.m. or so. Hopefully they won't encounter any snow. There will be just 7 of us for lunch so that is easily manageable for me. On Friday my DSIL & DGC will be coming down to visit as our DD will busy working at home. BF is her busiest work day of the year with her online soaps, scrubs, etc. business.

On Friday I am fixing a large batch of spaghetti for lunch for all of us before our company head to my brother's for a visit. Friday dinner is debatable yet. On Saturday DH & I plan to take them to a nice cheese factory for a tour & maybe purchase some cheese to take back home. Saturday for dinner it will be to the nice Italian restaurant in town. Sunday they will be heading home.

I am soon heading out with a friend to get some good beef log, cheese & maybe a few other goodies.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

Susan: so sorry for your loss. I know you spoke of your GF.

Jean: Glad to hear your friend is on the mend. I don't do black friday either. Well maybe on line! But no braving the crowds. I braved the grocery yesterday--that was plenty!. Still forget some things but it will have to wait!!!

Twinny: My Dad was from your state---know about your wonderful chesse factories and stoes!!! Yum!

Respected Contributor

Rosa I didn't mean to not mention you. I understand, all to well, what you are going through. Hugs to you and your son. Holidays and special dates are bittersweet.

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Thank you all for your thoughts, my grandfather had a good 99 years, but his health was failing the couple months.

Rosa - Glad to hear from you, I know you are going thru a lot of firsts, and I wish you the best on this.

Tinny - Can I come on the cheese tour, I love cheese.

Jean - Speaking of HSN, I bought 3 items from them on one day and they actually sent all three items in one box. I wish QVC would take note of that. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the shipping was, I think shipping was free that day. I have to admit I was in a muscle relaxant and pain killer haze at the time.

Well, I need to get moving and make some supper, have a good evening everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends and readers!! DH and I did not sleep much so it's been a quiet day. He had his annual check up then groceries. After coming home for a while we headed to Austin to meet DD. We put 2 tires on her buggy and I got a couple gift ideas for her.. We ate out, and stopped for prescriptions on the way home. It's been a day.