Respected Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT---Wednesday

This week is zipping along. Boy with the fall weather came a change in our weather. It was lovely and cool last evening. I am sure it will heat up again but the cooler temps are certainly welcome.

This is the season for allergies for me. I'm battling through them but it certainly does drag me down. But I know we all have things we deal with--this is just one of mine!.

I haven't been watching much TV--too many temptations and NO needs. I was reading on the threads about all the ladies buying the Joan Rivers pins---just getting whatever is available. I guess that is the way things go after a famous person passes. I am not among those in the frenzy. I have a few of her older pieces--including a few bees. I don't wear pins often but I did love her story on the bee. In the early days her pieces were made in RI and of nice quality. I haven't seen her later items but I understand they are made elsewhere now. So much is no longer made here.

A few weeks ago in my town--a disgrunted person set fires at two doctor's offices. One was in a strip center with a clothing store. I see the store had to close for remodeling and all the fabrics items removed as they smelled of smoke---I was talking with a lady from church regarding the wildfire three years ago. I knew they lived in the subdivision heavily affected. She said they were out of State at the time and when they returned they were unable to go home for three weeks. Amazingly they didn't have smoke damage. Even though they lost neighbors behind and next door---such a random event but they were truly blessed.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Wednesday

Linda R, Our temps are wonderful this week too. 70's by day & 50's at night. I remember last year it was so beautiful the entire month of Sept. & when the middle of October came along, we started in with wintertime weather & it didn't end until this April. I hope this winter is better for all of us. I hope your allergies are short lived this year. So sad about the fires that were started by a disgruntled person.

DH is out for his morning walk. Then we have to get on the phone to do our insurance plan for next year. It seems like about every 3 years his insurance plan through his retirement company changes. Usually they send the info in the mail & we are all set. This year they need lots of different info on both of us. They say it will take about an hour per person. UGH! Then it will be kind of a rest up day around here for both of us. It has been a very busy 4 weeks for us with our vacation etc.

On Monday I had my 6 mo. checkup at the UW-Clinic. My appt. took a lot longer as I had a student intern before my Dr. came in. I didn't mind as the intern was very thorough as he had never seen me before. He seemed very interested in my medical condition. I am still excited that he actually did get reflexes from both of my knees. They actually shot right at him. This hasn't happened in 13 years. Usually I don't have any reflexes anywhere. My Dr. did tell me to stay on the 6-8 week infusion plan as he doesn't want me to get so worn down that they don't work for me anymore. He also told me that usually after 10 years with my affliction that most people stay in that condition for quite a while, so I hope he is right. Many prayers have been answered for me too.

Yesterday we took my mom to a neighboring town for her eye appt. She gets shots in one or the other eye every time we take her there. No progress seems to happen so it disheartening to all of us.

Maybe later I will have time to post what I bought at the QVC Studio Store & the Outlet stores while I was on vacation. I didn't break the bank by any means though.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. Glad your weather is cooler, that is supposed to happen here next week. But, it is still plenty warm/hot these days. It is cooler when we take our morning walks, which I appreciate. Sorry about your allergies. DD tells me that DGS' asthma is triggered by his allergies which are worse in the Fall. He is doing better, thank goodness.

I noticed that JR bees are selling like crazy. Like you, I don't wear pins often, but I decided to order one of her pins that recently became available. Not cheap, but pretty. Unfortunately, they sent me the wrong color (lots of ladies had that same problem), and now I'm waiting for the one I ordered.

That is a shame about the deliberately set fires.

Hi twinny -- glad your appointment turned out well, but sorry about your Mom. What a drag with your health insurance -- one hour each sounds excessive, but....

Waves to Jean (working again), Kathleen(glad DD's situation wasn't as bad as she feared), Arlene, Marijane, Karen, Susan, Gayle, Sonya, Val, Rosa, Jules, birdmama, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Nothing exciting planned for today. I think DH will get his flu shot today, and I plan to buy some produce and go to Curves this afternoon. I heard that the Home Depot hacking is starting to show up on credit cards, etc., but so far so good on my accounts.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda!!! Thank you for starting the thread for us this morning. I was hoping someone would - for whatever reason I try not to start it too many times in a row. lol And I got busy. I love this weather - went shopping last night and took Kyanne and didn't worry about her in the car. I took those jeans back to Kohl's that got so baggy when I wore them (can't wait for my 2 pair to come in the mail) and then across the street to grocery shop for a few things. Came out $123 dollars poorer, and only got what was on the list! Funny how that works, but grateful that I have the money for food.

I bought a zuccini - I'm thinking just slice it up and cook it with whatever? I'm not sure lol have never bought one before but I'm on a "must add veggies to my diet" routine.

Twinny I hate all that insurance stuff. I laughed every day that I worked for an insurance company. I would love to hear more about your trip. Sorry that Mom isn't doing better but I am happy that you got reflexes like you said!

Very busy this morning at work. Hopefully no shopping for me. Just thinking lately about idols and how often I make other things more important than my Jesus. Hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a bright, sunny day, but cool...fall is definitely in the air. I don't mind the cooler weather, but can do without the COLD that follows. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

LindaR, it's not just the week that's zipping by - can you believe September is almost over? {#emotions_dlg.scared} Sorry about your allergies; fortunately I don't have a problem with them.

Looking forward to hearing what you got at the QVC store, twinny. I've gotten some good deals on QVC brands from eBay in the past; they almost never have anything I'm willing to pay full price for.

I have nothing special planned for today apart from getting caught up on my homework; first I'm taking the dogs to the park for a while, as they love that - we'll probably stop at Wendy's for their treat of chicken nuggets and a Frosty. I have two of those keychain tags, so I just pay for the nuggets and the Frosties are free.

This is day three of my diet, and it's getting easier - I've cut back on sugar (one treat per day), and am drinking lots of water, so I don't feel nearly as hungry. Yesterday I made spaghetti and meatballs for my mail meal and it was really, really good - I picked up freshly made meatballs in Publix. Today I'm making stuffed cabbage rolls.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

LL, My DH & I will be getting our flu shots next month. I am afraid not to as my immune system is very poor. I do like the Joan Rivers pins, but I don't own any. I rarely ever wear a pin either.

RC, It is always good to be busy when you are working as the times certainly does go faster than on a slow day. I rarely buy zucchini as so many people that we know grow them & are trying to get rid of them as they get so many each year. Glad your temps are getting better for you too.

FHG, I am glad your temps are cooler now too. Your dogs are lucky for their Wendy's treats. DH & I ate at a Wendy's while we were in PA a couple of weeks ago. We rarely eat their & we like their chili.

Here are my QVC purchases made a couple of weeks ago. At the Studio Store I got 2 lemon scented Scrub Daddies at $2.84 each & a bottle of T.I.P.S. nail polish remover for $10.50. It is my favorite nail remover & I hate paying shipping on it.

I did go to the Frazer Outlet store twice, but since we stayed in Lancaster, PA for 4 days, I went there daily. I bought a pair of Denim & Co blue knit capris for $11.50--they were 50% off, a pair of D & Co. indigo capris for $10.66--50% off, a pair of purple long pants D & Co. for $4.00--80% off, a pair of Weatherproof brown ankle boots with faux fur around the tops for $16.60--50% off & a Cooks Essentials griddle that has two circles at the top of the pan made for eggs or pancakes & the lower end is made for sausages, bacon or scrambled eggs etc. It cost me $7.00 as it was 60% off. A lot of the different clothing looked very bad hanging on the hangers. I can definitely tell that the quality has gone way down from when I started going to the Outlet Stores probably 6 years ago.

DH & I started with the new health insurance plan phone call today. We were on the phone for an hour & then were given an October 31st date & time to call them back to finish the enrollment process. She did say it would take an hour for each of us on the next phone call. It was so easy when Frito Lay made their change about every 3 years & sent us the plan information & what we had to pay each month.

Dinner is BLT as I have all of the necessary ingredients around the house. Tomatoes are in excess again with many green ones still on the vines. I hope we don't get an early frost this year.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. The temps are definitely changing. They dropped to 38 degrees last night and it was 40 when I went to work. It is the type of weather you have to have a jacket in the morning but be prepared to shed it by the evening. It was 68 when I came home at 4pm. I have a couple of those JR pins in the jewelry box; I haven't worn them for a long time.

Twinny--It sounds as if your appointment went well with good results. That is such good news to hear. I'm sorry that your mother doesn't seem to show any progress. It is difficult to deal with a parent with a condition and not see some improvement.

LindaL--I do hope that you get the JR bee pin that you want. It is time for the flu shots so it is good to get them if a chronic illness is involved. I hope your visit to Curves goes well. You are so dedicated to your exercise routine.

Kathleen--I used to grow zucchini; they are prolific little veggies. I sliced them and added them into a veggie mixture, or steamed them with some tomato sauce added. Zucchini bread is great.

Arlene--Good job on the diet. Each day will get easier. You might want to try spaghetti squash sometime as a veggie substitute for the pasta. Stuffed cabbage rolls sounds very good as are stuffed peppers.

I worked today at the high school where they wanted me in the same class for four days. I can't do it tomorrow because of a cardiology appointment, but I will do it Friday and Monday. Tuesday, I will be at an elementary school I wore my rust colored QF Dream Jeannes today topped by an SG top that has rust, brown and a touch of orange in it. The students made several great comments and said it was appropriate for Fall.

Tomorrow, I have a cardiologist appointment, as well as taking my car in for one of those recall services. I plan to get my nails done between the two appointments and then have an early dinner with a friend. I don't have any shopping in mind unless it is some groceries at WalMart.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.