Frequent Contributor

Good morning, ladies. It's another really cold day here with negative temps and even colder wind chills. Things should slowly start warming up tomorrow. We only have like an inch of snow on the ground though which will melt quickly with our sun. I'm heading to the gym in a while, while DH is going to play guitars with a friend and then maybe try out a short workout if he feels up to it. I think we'll also meet at a restuarant in town for salmon salads. What are you all up to today?

Karen, I saw your question last night. I haven't always been into fitness. LOL. I did start working out in my late teens and never totally quit, but I wasn't serious about it until several years ago after we moved to Colorado. Even when we first moved here, I struggled to make myself go to the gym 3 times a week. I finally got serious about eating and exercising though and lost 20 pounds. I also started seeing some great muscle definition, and there's been no turning back since then. I have several gym friends with goals similar to mine, or even more agressive, and that really helps. It was here that I also discovered I love outdoor activities like hiking, playing disc golf, rock scrambling, etc. I was already a skier, but that has improved immensely in the past few years too. I guess I look at working out differently now than I used to. It used to be a chore, but now it's just my lifestyle. I felt like a total slug sitting at home yesterday, though I do think it's important to rest each week. Maybe for you it's a matter of finding something you love to do and figuring out exactly what you want to accomplish with your workouts.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!