Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT, Wednesday, November 4

Good Morning/Afternoon!   We are having a much cooler and windy day here.  Sort of feels like Fall.  It was so windy that I suggested DH and I wait until later to take our walk.  I did go on a short walk on my way home from dropping him off at the "club".

So far, I have done a little housecleaning, and I also started some vegetable soup in the crockpot.  We had a bunch of leftover vegetables at work yesterday, so I was able to bring some home with me.  We also had leftover bananas (over-ripe), that I brought home.  I made some banana bread for the seniors and dropped it off at the senior lunch program place.  I'll be using the other bananas in our smoothies.

DH was up a lot last night, so I'm a bit tired.  But, no back pain at all.  Also, no accident this morning, which is a blessing.

Waves to Jean (hope you have made it to Hawaii and it is beautiful there), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, LindaR, Susan, Marijane, Barbara, Karen, Rosa, Charlene, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT, Wednesday, November 4

Hi Linda!  And all who follow.  I am feeling better but took a sudafed so it doesn't "settle in my chest".  Those make me not sleep, and my hpead buzz a little.  So no plans but to hang out here and read.  Kyanne is feeling much much much better and we are so happy about that.  She got a "girlie" infection. 

I bought a bunch of books at the Half Price store, so just enjoying reading time.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

It's another beautiful day out - thankfully, the warm weather continues.  More rain is forecast for the weekend so I want to take advantage of the nice days while I can. I do want to go somewhere, but also need to get the front door and the area around it washed. I rarely use it, except to put food out for my semi-ferals, and noticed the other day there are a lot of spider webs around the lamp and above the door. 

Yesterday we took a drive to Sam's, as I'm almost out of dog kibble. They have all their Christmas stuff out, which is rather depressing. I was pretty good about getting only planned items, although I got a box of Girl Scout cookie flavored candy bars for the troops, and a top that I had loved was reduced to $6. I got a slice of pizza for my late lunch, and it was unusually good; the dogs got frozen yogurt. 

I came home to find my new slippers from LL Bean had arrived, so I'm happy about that. I chose to get the dark brown rather than the tan this time, as it won't show stains as much. Even so, I'm leaving a pair of flip flops by the back door so I don't wear my new slippers out into the yard.

Today I'm awaiting yet another new Kindle. Cat Frustrated  This new model is awful!  Once again I've had a probem with the volume suddenly dropping; if the new one doesn't work properly, I'll just get a refund.  I didn't get any kind of argument on returning it; I suspect they're having a lot of complaints.

LindaL, glad to hear you're having some time to yourself.  How is DH enjoying "the club?" 

I guess I'd better get moving; not sure what I want to do first - maybe take a drive to Publix.

See you later - have a blessed day, everyone! 

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, hope all are well. LL, thanks for starting the thread today. Glad to hear that DH is back at the "club" and that, although he was up some last night, no accidents. Very ambitious of you making soup and banana bread both. Hope you also took some time to just chill. So happy that your back pain is gone also.

RC, also glad that you and Kyanne are both feeling better, enjoy your day of reading.

FHG, glad you got your slippers, sorry you are having so much trouble with Kindle's.  Funny how quick those cobwebs can appear.

Nothing new going on here, just my usual (raking). I have a lasagne in the oven and will make some garlic bread to go with it, that will be dinner.

Have a great day everyone. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, For some reason today the print is extra dark.   Rich text is underlined & I wasn't up there fooling around.  We have been having record breaking temps all week.  Feels like summer not Nov.  How nice to be able to make the banana bread & soup in the crock pot from leftovers.  I have some roast in my crock pot today leftover from Monday night's  roast supper.  I am glad that your back is somewhat better, but sorry DH had you up in the night.  RC, I like to get  my DH books for a quarter at our library so that when he is done with them, he can toss them away.  The last resort in Mexico did have a book exchange so that was nice.  Glad that Kyanne is feeling better too.  It has been a fun day so far.  I got up early & went downtown for my walk.  It was cloudy but mild.  Then my DH met me at ChocolateTemptations for a wonderful cup of Heath Bar Latte.    Then the sun came out as I was driving to get a haircut.  I mentioned to her about my hair being thinner on one side & she mentioned that that sometimes happens when you are changing diet to lose weight.  I didn't really change my diet just eating less & trying to get more exercise.  Anyway it is short & spikey again which I love.    When it gets longer, the wind just takes it all over the place.  Then I went to Shopko & got a cute top for $3.35 from $39.99.  It is a print top with vertical stripes.  It has kind of a point in the front & back with fringe all around the edge.  Out of the box for sure, but I really do like it.  It has short sleeves & not that 1/2 sleeve & will pack great for vacations.  I need to get mom's mail & then see what is up with her today.  BIRD MAMA, we live 45 miles S. of Madison.  If my DH drove around Chicago & probably Detroit we would bring it to you.  We avoid large cities, but you & anybody else are always welcome to stay in our guest room free for the asking.  Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Argh. Sun was out earlier. Now it is gloomy. Rain supposed to begin tonight. Ground is saturated so they are saying flooding is possible.

I had something on my tire. Noticed it but I wasn't positivd. When I got home I was certain. Oh my. Always something to deal with.
Esteemed Contributor

FHG, I am glad that you are still getting some good weather.  The slippers sound so nice & warm & I hope that this Kindle works well for you.  I was disappointed yeterday when I was downtown doing my walk.  All of the beautiful fall things were replaced with red/white for Christmas.  I did see some snow white owls like I bought from the Q a couple of years ago & some beautiful red cardinals.  I may have to buy some of those to go with my snow owls.  Tomorrow night the stores are open longer with supposedly some sales.  SNICKS,  DH mows/blows leaves each day & the next day there are just as many.  It is a good stress reliever for him I think.  LINDA R, Does that mean that you had a flat tire by the little surprise.  We went to see mom this afternoon & her memory did seem somewhat better.  She said that she played BINGO yesterday & didn't win anything but they all got 2 candy bars.  I asked mom if my brother was up last night & she said yes.  I asked her what he thought & she just said not much.  He was supposed to send me an email, but I am still waiting for it.  I hope that Jean is having a fabulous time.  A nice beach anywhere for me would be nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about that tire, LindaR.  I think Jean had the same problem recently.

DH seemed to have a good time at the "club" today, thank goodness.  I think he is having trouble with the bathroom there -- confused, but the head of the "club" said that it was no problem.  As long as they know he has issues, they will help.  (Big relief for me.)  His memory is pretty bad at times.  Most of the time, in fact.  Although he seemed a little more with it when I picked him up.  He even asked me how much it cost to go there.  

Glad your Mom's memory seemed better twinny.  They play bingo at the club, and DH has won at least once.   Today I found a bunch of things in his pockets -- a bag of pita chips, a box of raisins, and some candy.  I don't know if he won them or they just gave them to him.  His eyes were bothering him, so we stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home, and I purchased some eye drops for him.  I think that helped a lot.  

He wanted to take a walk, but it was very windy and pretty chilly when the wind blew, so we came home after a short walk.

Glad you got your slippers, Arlene.  I have a paperwhite Kindle, but I only use it for reading.  DD has one that can be used for Skype, etc.  But, it is an old version.  I wonder if the new version with the lower price was a defective model.  Glad they aren't giving you any hassle about sending a new one.

You certainly do a lot of raking, snicks.  I'm sure the lasagna will be good.  I did go to the gym, but didn't push things to the max.  The other day this man at the gym told me that I could do a heavier weight on one of the machines.  I didn't appreciate his comment one bit.  I never saw him before, and I think he was showing off to another guy. 

Glad you and your dog are better, Kathleen. Hope you are fine soon. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry I'm late again - busy busy busy at work, lol.

LindaL - I'm glad that your back is feeling better and that there were no accidents.  You made good use of the bananas :-)

Kathleen - any ideas how Kyanne got the infection?  I've never lived with a female dog so I know nothing about that in dogs.

Arlene - congrats on getting the top for such a great price.  Glad you like your new slippers.  I'm sorry you keep getting 'stinkers' in the Kindle arena.

Snicks - I love lasagna (lol).  Too bad I'm too lazy to make it myself.

Twinny - are you a side sleeper?  I think if you sleep on the same side all of the time, it can affect your hair.  No I am not kidding.   At least your mom had fun at bingo.  Your mom is not going to tell you what she and your brother talked about, lol.  You'll have to get that from him. 

LindaR - did you end up with a flat?  It is always something when it comes to cars.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LINDA L, It sounds like your DH is adjusting to his club activities.  I am also surprised that he asked about the cost for the day.  BIRD MAMA, My stylist asked me today if I sleep on one side the most too.  I am a restless sleeper so I sleep on both sides & also my stomach--never my back unless I have a cold & I have vicks on a hankie over my face.  lol.  You are right about mom not telling me what went on with my brother last evening.  I just asked her to see what she would say.  I was hoping that she would tell me that he told her that he didn't think it was a good idea to go back home & be alone.  She would believe his judgment over mine unless he told her something that she didn't want to hear.  I guess as long as I don't get another call saying that mom fell again I am happy.  Mom also told me that my MIL called her last night which was true.