Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Wednesday 2/10

Got my errands run, kitchen floor mopped, and shoveled the drive. Going to make chili for dinner and thinking about an apple tart, yum.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Susan.  No TSV for me either.  I bought a an earlier TSV and found that I didn't use the sponges that much.  The idea of different faces is cute, Bernie.

And, I have done my taxes almost every year, Bernie.  This year will be the exception since there was a big mess with DH's trust, etc.  Many years ago (before they had PC's and computer programs), I bought a book that helped me.  But, for many years I have used Turbo Tax.  My DD has used it as well, and just got their refund today (very quickly).  Knowing how smart you are, I really think you will have zero problems, and save a bit of money.  The good part is that once you get your information in the first time, future times are easy since they bring up your old data.

Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night, Kathleen.  Me either.  DH was up a lot, and one time he tried getting into bed on my side -- on top of my legs.  Yikes!  And, there was quite a mess in the bathroom in the morning.  Hope he does okay at the "club" today.  They are having a special lunch and entertainment, so I hope he doesn't just fall asleep.

Enjoy your TV marathon this weekend.

Hi snicks -- glad you got your chores, mopping, and shoveling done.  Chili and an apple tart sound good to me.

Good news twinny -- happy your DH is okay and you lost some weight.  Hope your day goes well and you enjoy the band.

Waves to Jean, Arlene, Charlene, Barbara, spix, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, Rosa, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I had a nice walk after dropping DH off (we are having wonderful, warm weather), and then went to an interesting class (trip to India and Bhutan).  I hope to have a peaceful afternoon.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Do you mean Sonya who used to post here -- healthy lady who lives in CO and is married to a pilot?  I see her on FB, but not here.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

I'm freezing - it's gotten really cold out. I'm headed back into my bedroom "cocoon" in a little while with my Kindle and coloring books; I guess I'll do some baking later, as at least it'll make the kitchen nice and warm.  I want to make my dentist something special for Valentine's Day, and since they have a short day on Friday I'll need to deliver it tomorrow.

I got my errands done yesteray - Sam's, Aldi, PO, Publix...  I'm still waiting on my Social Security earnings statement, and found a care package from a friend which included an adorable bear waiting for me.  Aldi has these special desserts for Valentine's Day that are really, really good - a layered chocolate mousse and strawberry chocolate chip - so since they're a "limited edition" I got a couple.  Sam's has the kitty litter I use for $2 off, and I go through a lot so I bought four; I saw they're getting all the spring clothing in. I'm really annoyed with Publix - I had ordered four boxes of raspberry packzi, planning to freeze them, and opened a box to have one for breakfast.  Welll, they screwed up - there are two boxes of raspberry, and two of custard, that latter of which I don't care for...so I'm now debating whether I'm going to return them or not; they're not cheap! I also saw they're now making them with HFCS, and I avoid that junk.  I had to leave Honeybun and Angelica home to guard the house since the back door deadbolt isn't working; it was nice to have just Autumn with me - she's a good girl and never causes trouble.

I like your idea for the Scrub Daddies, Bird, but seeing what they do, a yucky face might be the most apropos. Cat Wink

Speaking as someone who was taken courses and worked as a tax preparer, I wouldn't waste money on a "professional" tax preparer (most of whom have low-level 'regular' jobs, such as fast food workers and do the job as extra income during tax season and charge more than a CPA) or on a software program in you have a relatively simple tax return.  Go it IRS.gov - they have a list of sites where you can file your taxes for free, and the programs walk you through it step-by-step. In fact, they're pretty much the same thing used at places like Liberty, H&R Block, etc. If someone who usually flips burgers can do it, so can you.  Cat Happy

I was thinking about Sonya recently too - it's like she just dropped out of sight one day.

Susan, we had snow flurries yesterday, but fortunately they didn't stick. In fact, by the time I got out, around 4 p.m., it seemed like people had gone into hiding at the sign of the first snowflake, as the roads were pretty empty.

The birds have been eating like there's no tomorrow; I've been putting out suet cakes besides seed, as supposedly it's good for them in the cold weather - helps them stay warm.  The cakes usually last a week or more, but yesterday I put out a new one - it's "hot pepper," and I was skeptical about their liking it (I can't imagine dainty little birds eating hot peppers), but they're crazy about it!  It's half gone already.  Go figure...

Well, I'm getting cold, so it's time to go back into my lair. I could have sworn I had heart-shaped cupcake pans, but I guess not...although I found all kinds of others that I'd forgotten about.  Anyway, I'm going to get warmed up before I start in on the baking.  Classes for my MBA in Human Resources start next week, so I should get some cleaning done, but it's too darned cold - supposedly it's going to warm up over the weekend.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry, haven't been around, my BFF did pass, hopefully peacefully

Anyway @Bernie, I'm sure you can do your own taxes, I once worked for H&R, took all the classes, became an "enrolled agent" with the IRS, the best advice I ever had was "read the lines" it'll tell you exactly what to do, it's not rocket science, I once depreciated a horse, no kidding!  I loved "playing" with the IRS within the law of course.  

I'll be around when I can

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear about your friend, spix.  I do hope she passed peacefully.

Honored Contributor

@spix

I am so very sorry for your loss.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Thank You all for your well wishes, we've been friends since the teen years & like many kept our secrets to ourselves, so almost like a spouse we knew each other like no one else, my kids call her Aunt, her kids call me the same, in fact they all refer to us as their "favorite auntie", so right now I'm trying to help my "nieces & nephews" get thru this.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear about your friend Spix....may she RIP.        Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

SPIX, sorry about the passing of your BFF.  May she RIP.

Honored Contributor

@spix, I am so sory to hear about your BFF. You have my deepest sympathy. Post when you feel like it again. We all understand.

"To each their own, in all things".