Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday (12/7/16)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Happy Birthday, Linda, hope the day has been great for you.

Just finished getting new carpet in the basement, it looks sooooo pretty.  The old carpet was at least 30 years old, so it was time for it to be retired.   I may even go in the basement more often now. 

Not much more is happening here, need to get a list going of what needs done before Christmas.  I just can not get motivated here.

Off to get something done, have a good afternoon everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday (12/7/16)

Happy Birthday Linda....hope you are having a great day and will enjoy your trip, I am not sure what day you are going.

Susan I guess after 30 years you deserve new carpeting.....what color did you get?  IT's been a busy several,days and I wanted to get all my Christmas decos up somwas trying to stay  away from FB and here...once I get on my IPad the hours just seem to fly and I get nothing done.   I have a few more little things to do and then I am done....I do decorate a lot.  WE still don ,t have our big tree yet but I did put up two smaller ones on  covered  porch and another in LR in front of our bay window.

The weather has been Rainey and cold but no snow as they had predicted earlier in the week.      Have a nice rest of the day everyone and again Happy Birthday Linda.     Marijane

Honored Contributor

Image result for birthday cupcake linda i,age

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

https://raisingkidsright.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/searching-for-a-bargain/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all and thanks @PAlady for the start. Wow, new carpet, how wonderful. We seriously need new carpet in the whole house really, just a couple rooms that still look decent. Not in the plans for quite some time yet though. Enjoy that new carpet. I seem to be having trouble getting very motivated also for a couple weeks now, oh well.

A very happy birthday @LindaLatte, hope your day is wonderful.

@Genny1, I'm done with decorating, but an still fussing with a few things, lol. I only do 1 tree though. Sounds like you have done a lot already. I'm another that can waste too much time on these boards, FB and Pinterest also.

Not much going on here today, cold outside and going to get colder, brrrr. Just the usual stuff done today. Happy that I got in to see the dermatologist yesterday. It will go on this years insurance, where the high deductible has already been paid. Otherwise if I had to wait till Feb., I would have had to pay the whole cost. Call me cheap, that was not something I wanted to do since we (hubby) had so many medical bills this year already. For myself, I was to my GP once and to my cancer screening, that was it for me this year (knock on wood), lol. Oh, and the dentist a few times.

Hope everyone has a great day/evening. Happy B-Day to Linda, again.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I need to get motivated real soon. Our 4" snow on Sunday is getting me  excited. I am hosting Christmas Eve lunch again this year.  I am the only one not still working.  There will be 12 of us which is very manageable with our open concept home.  How fun to get new carpeting.  We use our basement a lot as we get to the hot tub that way.

This morning was breakfast out, shopping for some fun games to play after our Christmas Eve lunch.  I did find 5 second rule.  I want to get a dice game that I saw yesterday.  L, R & one more dice that I can't remember what it was.

I did buy a nice centerpiece for our dining room table.  It was 19.99 on sale for $6.72.  On a 4 hour timer too.

Linda L, I hope that you have a nice birthday.  How nice of you to take cake & cupcakes for all.  

It is brisk & sunny.  Very enjoyable.  The snow is 1/2 gone, but I think that we will get some more on Saturday.  

Supper is left over ribs from last night.

We are heading to Madison tomorrow morning to do some shopping & ending up at our DD's so we can see our DGS's band concert tomorrow night.  Staying overnight this time & shopping again on Friday morning.  Maybe I can get some Christmas shopping done.

It feels good to have all of my appointments out of the way with good results.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, your decorating sounds lovely.  We aren't having a big tree this year, but do have lights here & there so it is still pretty.  I am glad that we got snow & not rain.  It is sunny today & the trees are beautiful.  The prediction is 9 snowfalls.  One down & maybe another one this weekend.

SNICK's, you are not being cheap in getting medical things done now since your deductible is met.  I call it being a wise shopper & using the money for other things.  Our cold weather starts tomorrow & I am ready for it.  I love fleece coats, boots, gloves & a fancy scarf & a warm house.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Image result for happy birthday Linda flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, it's a hectic one at work today.  No snow for me yet.  I like snow, so I am looking forward to it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad you are happy with the new carpet.  It is amazing how much difference that can make.  

Waves to Marijane, snicks, meallen, twinny, Bernie, Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Essie, Barbara, Karen, Charlene, 3suwm5, butterfly, Gayle, pinky ann, Rosa, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

Thanks to all for your birthday wishes.  I really appreciate them.

Not much exciting going on here, but I did take my longish (1 1/2 hour) walk this morning.  Then, I visited DH, and the Zumba (chair) instructor came -- I really enjoyed that as did several of the residents.  After I fed DH, I went to the grocery store where there is also a bank branch since I had a check to deposit, and wanted to pick up some cupcakes.  The plumber came a bit early, and I had a call from my new financial adviser.    The plumber was just draining my hot water heater, and he said it was looking good.  I have that done every year.  He also checked the insulation on the outdoor faucets.

I may go to a special sale of used books at the library, and I want to stop by Wal-Mart for a few things before I go back to feed DH dinner.

My trip (to Prescott, Arizona) starts pretty early tomorrow, so I'm not sure when/if I'll have a chance to post.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda