Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT : (Wednesday, 1/11/2017)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  Off to the dentist this morning, some day I will be done with all this dental work. 

Shaussie -  Welcome to the thread, hope to see you drop in more.   Hope the dog is okay today, and sorry about the snowman.   My dog likes rabbitt droppings, they are like Skittles for dogs to her.  I have to patrol the yard and make sure I clean up any Skittles in it. 

Not much going on today, just the dentist and we have to put a new faucet in the kitchen.  The one we have keeps dripping if you don't turn it off just right.   It is driving DH and I crazy.

Off to get ready to go to the dentist, have a good morning everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT : (Wednesday, 1/11/2017)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope it goes okay at the dentist and you and your DH are able to replace that faucet.  A dripping faucet would bother me for sure.

Welcome Shaussie -- sounds like your dog is keeping you busy.

I have nothing exciting planned for today, which is good.  My tax preparer sent a packet of information to help with preparation of our tax returns this year.  While I cannot fill out most of the information, I can do some -- like going through our charitable contributions.   I don't think this matters for Federal taxes since we take the standard deduction, but does for the State taxes.

DH was still not able to walk very much yesterday, but he was in good spirits.  The director came by and told me about a couple of musical activities happening later in the week, and I will try to make at least one if not both.  DH always liked music, and this way we can have a nice shared experience.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Just so cute,

Image result for animals with shopping carts images

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, good luck at the dentist.  DH & I need to get our teeth cleaned & our eyes tested.  Yikes.  Leaky faucets drive us nuts too.  I am thinking about a remodel for my bathroom.  Not a fun thing, but I am ready for a change after building our home 21 years ago.

Linda L. I don't like to do any tax prep as it makes me a nervous wreck.  We have a nice tax lady for which I am thankful.  I hope that you enjoy the musical entertainment with your DH.

Meallen, what a cute picture.

I had a busy morning with doing 3 loads of laundry.  Yesterday I watched our governor's state of the state message, followed by President Obama's message last night & then president elect Trump's today.  It sounds like an interesting year coming up.

DH & I are heading out very soon to hear our fun accordion polka band & lunch out.

It is cloudy but the roads are in good shape after yesterday's snow/ice mixture.  Mild temps for a few more days.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone - another 6 degree daySmiley Sad  Next week we should have some warmer temps., they say even into the 40s - yikes!!  I guess I hope to be pleasantly surprised, if that happens.

@PAlady -- Dentist - another thing I try to keep up on, not my very favorite, especially the older I get.  But the dentist and his staff are so nice and gentle, it makes it easier.

Shaussie - welcome to you.  See you soon.

@LindaLatte - I'm neck deep in our taxes right now.  Trying to get everything ready for the accountant, I just HATE it.  Our business is hard enough, then getting the personal stuff together as well.  It's a couple of months in the making and she knows it, so she gives me a late February appointment, so I don't totally lose it.  Our taxes are due March 15 for the business and they are tied to our personal, so no sense doing just the business without the personal.  Can't wait until that job is done once again for the year.Smiley Frustrated

How sweet you can go and enjoy music together, with your VIP.

@meallen616 - what a cute pic.  We had a rather large bunny in the front yard yesterday, when I left to run errands.

@twinny70 - I have lost count on all the loads of laundry I have done so far this year.  I know I'm well into the double digits with 4 loads of bedding on New Year's Day for starters.  I have been working around the house, like there will be no tomorrow.  One last thing left for today, a shower to clean, and I am happy to say the entire house has had a once over and I'm still standing - hallelujah.  Enjoy that band, how much fun is that??

Have a wonderful day all and God bless.

Keep those cards close to the vest, or maybe hidden in the vestSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope the visit to the dentist went well. I think replacig the faucet is a great idea. Not only is it an irritation over time, those drips add up to a possibly higher bill.

Linda--I do hope you find sufficient items to help you with your State Tax return. I have to do the standard deduction because as hard as I try, I never have quite enough to itemize. I hope you and DH will be able to enjoy the musical events.

meallen--You do come up with the cutest graphics. I can almost see that bunny sampling the carrot as it shops.

Twinny--I have a tendencyto wait and do laundryso I have several loads when I do it. I hope you enjoy your luncheon and music.

3suwm5--Sorry about your cold temps. We have really been fluctuating fron single digits to the 50s this week. I don't think preparing taxes is anything that any of us look forward to doing.

I worked today and will the rest of the week so that means out of the ten days in this pay period,  I will have worked 8 days. I have times in which I am heavily booked as a sub and then there will be times in which I have few days. I am not watching the Q that much although I watch it while getting ready for work, and skim the website at the end of the work day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Wow am I ever late today.  We had rain, thunder and lightening.  This is not natural weather to me.   It also confuses the wildlife.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5, since I hang the laundry in the basement, I can only do 3 loads a day.  I wash whenever I feel like it, but when March gets here, I need to wash on a sunny day.  Our weather will be in the 30's for the rest of the week &  into next week.  I hate getting our tax info together.  I don't have to get mom's done, but I am sure that we will have to pay inheritance tax this year.  I know nothing about inheritance tax whatsoever.   Owning a business & doing taxes would be even worse.  

Jean, i was saddened to read about your lockdown yesterday.  Such craziness.  It is good that you are getting lots of teaching days.  

Bird Mama, our weather is crazy too.  We might get a little more snow tomorrow.  I was so surprised that there wasn't school on Tuesday, as we rarely get freezing rain this time of the year.  

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny -- I am by no means a tax expert, much less an estate tax expert, but I don't think you will need to pay an estate/inheritance tax unless your Mom left you millions (I think it is something like 5 million or so).  I did a quick Goggle check on Wisconsin, and it seems like there is no State inheritance/estate tax.  Like I said, I am not an expert at all, but I know that I did not have to pay any tax on the money I inherited from my Mom when she passed in 1998.  

Many years ago, my ex and I had a company, and the taxes were a nightmare.   Since the business made almost no money, I did them myself.  And, back then, the tax computer programs weren't available.  I did buy a book on the subject, but wow!  I sure don't envy you, 3suwm5.   Hope it is not a huge hassle for you this year.