Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: ODAT (Wed. 3/8/2017)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I have an appt. at noon today and that is my excitement for the day.  I do need to start cleaning again.  The downstairs is done, I just need to find the get up and go and get started on the upstairs.

We are having a beautiful morning here, sunny but a little chilly.  

I checked out the TSV, I am in no need of anything like that.  I think the Lenox they are showing is pretty, but have no use for it.  Oh well, if you buy some enjoy it.

Have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: ODAT (Wed. 3/8/2017)

http://icecreamconvos.com/happy-international-womens-day/

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Good luck with your appointment.

It was cool on my walk this morning (mid 40's), but we are expecting temperatures in the 80's later today.  It is nice and sunny so far.   It was so nice yesterday, that I took DH out to the back of his facility in his wheelchair.  There is a lovely fountain there, as well as a beautiful view of the mountains.  He seemed happy to sit there for a while.  

Like you, I have no need for the TSV or anything like that.  I have been a Lenox fan from way back, but I'm trying to reduce rather than add to my "stuff".   

Beautiful graphic, meallen.  Thanks.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Can't say that I was that aware of Women's Day in the past, but a good thing to celebrate.

I don't have much planned for today other than visiting DH and doing some more cleaning/de-cluttering.  As best I can determine, I have almost all of DH's tax statements, except for one from the broker.  They sent an e-mail saying that would be send no later than March 15, which I hope is true.  I'd really like to get this material to our tax preparer.  Not that I want to get bad news about what we owe, but the anticipation isn't good either.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends, Susan - thanks for getting us started today.  Hope your appt. goes well.  Meallen - thanks for your graphic, as always.  Linda  - my Dad's facility had a pretty park area in the back with a meandering path among trees.  I used to like to push him along the path in his wheelchair.  I think we both enjoyed it.

I have my doctor appointment this afternoon.  Also plan on making a trip to the grocery store.  Other than that, I think I'll have a low-key quiet day.  

Waves to all of our regulars and posters alike!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Oh Susan, wanted to add that I hope your dog will be doing better.  I feel so sad when our animals aren't doing well.  

Also, I noticed this morning that QVC has indeed raised the prices of numerous items.  I hate it when they start playing around with prices.  A few weeks ago (on my shopping spree)I bought an Extraordinary Life charm bracelet, item J331226.  It was clearance priced at $64.96.  Today it is clearance priced at $71.46.  They INCREASED their clearance price!!!  I've seen QVC do this before and it just makes me angry at them and not want to make purchases.  I don't like feeling jerked around or misled.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all -- Finally a nice day here, should reach 50 degrees.  I sure hope it does, we have had low 30s and up to 60 mph gusts the last 4 days.

Not much going on here, except I need to make a grocery run.  I heard with the march today, we're not supposed to go to work or spend money.  That's not realistic for most, I would say.  If you want to eat, you need to buy food - part of the process.

I hope to catch up on a few things, when I get back from my shopping.

I bought a similar silverware set back in 2009 and it is still working just fine.  It's a worthwhile purchase, if you are in need.  Won't need new for a long time.  I've been disappointed with the TSVs for quite awhile, I hope they can get some variety in their programming, not holding my breath.

I finally got my mind around dusting yesterday, I sure dislike that job.

Love the picture, lovely flowers.  I'm celebrating being alive and feeling well, and having an amazing DH and 2 wonderful youngsters.Smiley Happy

The scenery at the facility sounds lovely.  I hope all get their tax papers and can file soon.  Ours are due March 15, so I hope they will be calling shortly for signatures.

Interesting that some things actually increase in price, even though they are on clearance.  Thanks for the headsup, I didn't realize that happens.

Have a fabulous day all, hope Twinny has a marvelous time on vacation.  Sounds like it will be fun to spend some time in the sunshine with friends.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

We had a good flight & got to Mexico 30 minutes early.

We just had lunch & are about to check in to our rooms.

It is a beautiful day.

More later.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Great to hear from you twinny!  Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope your excitement of the day in the form of an appointment. My excitement of the day was waking up and then going to work. Like you, I have no need of the TSV.

meallen--That is such a lovely  graphic. I was unaware that today was "Wonen's Day" as I haven't paid much attention to the news the past couple of days.

Linda--I am happy that you were able to take DH to a lovely outdoor scenic spot for him to enjoy the visit and the scenery.

Charlene--I do hope your doctor's appointment went well and that the grocery shopping found registers open with short lines.

3suwm5--I hadn't heard about the plans for the day  calling for not spending money or going to work. The financial realities call for me to go to work, but I didn't spend money today except to pay a bill.

Twinny--I am happy that you have arrived safely in Mexico. Enjoy your vacation.

I worked today and will also again tomorrow. I did receive the Calista Tools 1/2 inch iron which is an upcoming TSV. I already have it in a larger size but thought the smaller one would work well for the shorter areas of my hair. The larger one works well.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Another crazy day on the job.  We had 50 MPH winds with gusts in the 70 MPH range.  There were waves on the Detroit River.  Uh, that hardly ever happens. The evacuated the 4 tallest towers of the Renaissance Center this afternoon.  I'm not in the 4 tallest towers so I just worried about glass getting blown out.  We were told to stay away from windows - my seat is on a window.

What a fun day.  I made it home, power on and no trees down.  Feeling abundantly blessed :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise