Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Veteran's Day

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. Great memories. I should get together the pictures of my father and brothers in their uniforms. My father was in the Army, two brothers in the Navy and one in the Air Force. I even considered joining the Navy but didn't follow through.

Linda--It sounds as if you had a lovely Veterans Day celebration. The variety of activities really added to the meaning of the day.

I had originally planned to go to Columbus, Ohio today for a last outing before the dreaded winter. This involves a 3 hour drive one way. The individual going with me had a heart episode and he was advised it might not be a good idea as the hospitals between the city and Columbus are very few. I was also tired from working so we settled for going to the city and having lunch at the Outback. It was good as always but not the level of the Cheesecake Factory which we planned to visit.

I did no shopping today but my Amazon Subscribe and Save delivery was waiting for me when I got home.

I work tomorrow morning and then leave at Noon to go back to the city to have a doctor's appointment at 3pm so I won't be back home until around 6pm. I hate that it will be dark when I return as I travel tricky roads with frequent deer.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.