Respected Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Tuesday

OK, one last try at posting on this bloody board....fortunately I write my messages elsewhere and save them...

Hi girls! 

Can't believe no one has started the thread yet, so...you've got me! 

My day is off to a cr@ppy start - literally.  I woke up to find Autumn had diarrhea all over the bedroom floor.  (sigh)  She must have eaten something bad that she found in the yard; otherwise she's fine - she'd been wearing me out wanting to play fetch with her Kong ball.  I gave her a doggy-sized dose of Pepto Bismol; hopefully that will take care of it. 

It's a nice day out, but I never did get around to starting my last two papers yesterday; I was just too tired - the change in weather really does me in. I might take a quick run to the PO to get the packages for the soldiers mailed, then head out to Jasper tomorrow for reimbursement of the postage.

Thanks to my FB buddy (The sweet guy whom I've never met in person but who often sends me Amazon gift cards) I have a new Kindle on the way; the old one works fine except for the sound cutting out for hours at a time, which is a pain since I watch my few TV programs on it with the CBS app as well as listen to radio programs. I'm going to send the old one to my BFF next time I send her a care package as she doesn't have one, and she's been a blessing, helping me get that joke of a fine paid off.  Once that's done I'm going to start a campaign to get rid of the Good Ol' Boys who are running this town via letters to newspapers, etc. I'm also joining forces with a woman who ran for mayor with that intention. They're messing with the wrong person! 

I'll check in later and see how you're all doing. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Tuesday

Honored Contributor

Arlene, thanks for starting us off today.  It's been a busy day at work for me.  I think I might be coming down with something.  Slight headache above the eyes and feels like I'm getting an ear ache.  I will hit the Zicam when I get home.   Enjoy your new Kindle :-)
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Maybe it is the weather but I woke up feeling crummy also.

Oh not fun to have a sick doggie.

I saw reports there are at least four brush fires around the county. It is so dry they are asking people not to mow or do anything that might spark
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Arlene.  Sorry about your dog issues this morning.  Yuck and double yuck.  Hope you enjoy your new Kindle.

Hi Bernie -- hope that you aren't coming down with anything too serious.  Maybe the Zicam will scare it off.  

Like you, I have not been feeling well today, LindaR.  In my case, it is a very sore back.  Hope you don't have any serious fires in your area.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, snicks, twinny, Marijane, Charlene, Susan, Rosa, Gayle, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

I really don't know what happened, since I didn't have any back pain at all yesterday, but the pain was very strong this morning.  I had trouble bending over, and had to come up with a new way to put on DH's socks and shoes.  And, I was ready to come home from our walk after one block.  In the end, I managed to take the whole walk, just did so at DH's pace rather than my usual speed.  My buddy at the senior lunch program helped with picking things up today, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  But, unless I'm suddenly fine, I will not be going to the gym as usual this afternoon.

DD said it is going down in the 40's at night there, so she put on their warm sheets.  I know she is trying to hold off on turning on the heat.  Meanwhile, it is quite warm/hot here, and tomorrow should be even warmer.  But, it should cool down at the end of the week.

Hope everyonhas a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon.

Hope that everyone is well, I have been trying to sign in for a few days and could not so I had to reset my password, we shall see if this works.

Nothing much has been going on here, the rain has finally stopped and we have had some sunny days. 

No shopping on my agenda.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rosa -- good to see you posting.  I think several of us have had "issues" with posting recently.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening, everyone. I am home from work and very tired as it was a very busy day, not to mention this school requires me to get up super early to be there before 7:30am and it is 15 miles away. I'll be working every day this week and next week. Tomorrow, I'll be in a different school and on Thursday, I start a seven school day subbing job for a teacher getting married.

Arlene--Thank you for starting the thread.I do hope you enjoy your new Kindle.  It is good that you had those Amazon gift certificates to use on it.  Sorry that Autumn created a problem for you.

Linda--I am sorry that your back is creating problems for you today. It isn't something that you need right now. Yes, it is getting nippy here; it has been down in the upper 30s at night already and unseasonably cold weather is expected this weekend. DD may be turning on the heat.

Rosa--Good to see you posting again. I've only had one time in which I had difficulty logging in and posting but I'm sure my turn will come soon.

LindaR--Congrats upon your birthday. The weather certainly can influence how well one feels. I do hope you feel better.

I need to nuke something for dinner and then watch the news, and then read before watching "The Voice" at 9PM Eastern time. I am so addicted to that show.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

FHG, Did you send your blood boards to me?  I was signed in, read all of your posts, keyed a message & lost it.  Had to sign in 3 more times.  I am very tired tonight.  DH & I got up early & headed to Madison to get an oil change in the Forester.  They gave us a free coupon for a free car wash just down the road.  Very efficient both places were.  Got party supplies for mom's party & a bale of straw from Joann Fabrics to do a little more decorating.  Mom was very confused when we saw her after lunch today.  There are 3 Joyce's in her facility.  She kept telling us that she had 2 room numbers.  She wanted me to go to her house for a stool softener which I cannot do.  Tonight she called me & asked me when I was bringing her home.   A friend came & hot tubbed with me this afternoon so it was a CALGON moment with take me away!  She said they haven't given her any PT & she had some yesterday.  Thank goodness for a wonderful DH to help me through this mess.  HUGS to all of you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry about your Mom, twinny.  Glad you have your DH's support, and sending prayers your way.