Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT Tuesday, March 1st

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  Happy March everyone, hope it wil be a good monh for everyone. 

Jean - Hope your friend is doing well, how is her eye sight coming along?

Twinny -  Hope your mom is doing well.

Linda -  I hope you got some sleep last night and that DH has a good day today.

Arlene -  Glad you are enjoying your classes.

Not much going on here today, I do have ironing to do and floors to sweep.  That is my excitement for the day.  Again, I know you are all jealous of my life. 

I have no shopping on the radar, unless my dream pair of jeans are found.  I am in need of new jeans and just can not find a style I like.  What I have been  wearing has been discontinued and I am at a loss.  I think I will take a day this week and head to the mall and try to find some.  For me jean shopping is as bad as swimsuit shopping.  Well need to get moving, hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT Tuesday, March 1st

Good morning @PAlady, and to all who join in later. Thanks for starting us off today.

I echo your sentiments to Jean, Twinny, Linda, and Arlene.

Your life is exciting compared to mine today, lol.

I have vacuuming, bathroom cleaning and kitchen floor washing to look forward to today. I have a boston butt roast out to make for dinner, think I will make pulled pork sandwiches maybe. I washed my car and washed the windows and dashboard yesterday, need to vacuum out the inside as well, but it turned cold & very windy again overnight, so may wait till tomorrow to finish the job there.

I have laundry ready to go into the dryer, so need to get busy. Waves and best wishes to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning All - I'm at work and don't have anything exciting to report, lol.

I don't like shopping for jeans.  Although I am not crazy about jeans with spandex in them, I seem to have made peace with Lee (Monroe style) in dark wash.  When I want to wear 'real jeans' I pull out my men's cowboy cut Wranglers :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Morning, well here I sit, did not go to the airport today as the icing is horrible, my back deck & stairs are bad, can't shovel as too hardened, even Sadie is sliding, so I decided it wasn't worth the risk, can't even check out the alley, didn't even know I had gotten that old, but it is what it is. I do feel guilty as I know they'll be needing the help what with all the delays/cancellations. Thinking to spend the day wisely, like you all are saying, kitchen floor really needs cleaning, & the upstairs bath could use some attention. Need to figure out what's for supper, will take a look in the freezer. Hope all have a warm, safe, & happy day
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Susan....your day seems about as exciting as mine....Snicks looks like  I am a carbon copy of you today....floors bathrooms etc. 

Spix be careful out there..when I was "younger" I did slip and fall on ice....broke my wrist so now I usually stay in when the snow starts.  This year we have been very fortunate with our weather....we have had snow and cold weather but nothing compared to the past two winters.

Bernie your day looks to be more interesting than ours!  Sorry to hear about your co worker and her job situation.

I'm making chicken soup today and just hanging around going "house stuff!

hope your Mom is doing better Twinny and your feeling ok after your infusion.  Jean I hope your friend is doing ok too with ner eye.

Have a nice day everyone...... Marjane

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, March came in like a lion as we got a dusting of snow overnight.  I was disappointed that we got so little & not the 6" that they predicted.  Good luck with your jeans shopping.  My favorite pants are ones that I got at Kohl's Apt. 9.  They are slim leg yet not tight. Petites fit me perfect.  I actually like swimsuit shopping as it means I am going on vacation.  

SNICK'S,  DH put in his request for roast tonight, mashed potatoes etc.  It sounds like you have lots of things too do today.

BIRD MAMA,  It sounds like you are busy at work.  I think that you missed getting snow too.

SPIX, Ice is the worst. Sorry that you didn't make it to work today.

It snowed overnight & we are getting more.  

I just got a call from mom's Hospice nurse saying that she is somewhat better this morning.  They are giving her the Oxycodone as it helps her to breathe better.  I will be seeing mom this afternoon.

I am feet better after my infusion yesterday.  I am going to take it easy for a couple of days.  Right now I am enjoying the snow.  It will be in the 40's-50's by the weekend so it will soon be gone.

Hugs to all in you.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, chicken soup sounds good too.  It sounds like you all will have clean houses today.   I cleaned good last week so I am going to recuperate & get ready for whatever I am dealt with this week.  DH did get his walk in this morning.  

Esteemed Contributor

We just got back from seeing mom.  She is on oxygen all the time & is doing poorly.  The Hospice nurses are very good & they said that they have upped her Oxycodone.  Right now making mom as comfortable as can be is their goal.

We got 4" of snow after the dusting that we got overnight.  It finally looks like winter around here.

Trusted Contributor

Twinny -  Sorry your mom is not doing well.  I'll keep all of you in my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a nasty day out there - gloomy and drizzly, with a 100% chance of thunderstorms.  I have no plans to go anywhere, although like some of you have to vacuum/sweep/wash the floors. 

Susan, have you checked eBay for the jeans you like?  Whenever I saw clothing I liked on the Q, I always looked on eBay.  Sometimes it takes a while to find what you want, but eventually everything turns up sooner or later.  Bird, I like the Amanda jeans; that style fits me well, and comes in so many colors. 

Sorry to hear about your mom, twinny. 

Last night I made a pizza using dough from the Publix bakery, and was it ever good!  Far better than any pizza place, and cheaper as well - cheaper, even, than most frozen pizzas.  The pie made enough for 3-4 meals (depending on how hungry I am); I'll be doing that a lot more often. 

No shopping is planned, apart from a few art supplies from Amazon - I'm really getting into the coloring, and am venturing into more advanced techniques, like shading. As for grocery shoping, I really need to use the food I have at home before I buy more. Last night I took a package of Kung Po noodles out of the cupboard for dinner, and when I read the instructions saw they had to be made in a microwave.  Well, I got rid of my microwave a year or two ago (don't miss it at all), so I figured I'd start a bag for the food bank. Good thing I checked the date; the noodles had a "best before" 2010 date!  Cat Surprised  I have to weed through my clothing as well; maybe I'll get a bag together for the missions closet today.  I have a bunch of Denim & Co. corduroy pants I've had for years, and am just plain tired of.  

I'm richer today - I got a request in the mail from Neilson with two dollar bills in it as payment for doing a survey.  Sorry guys - I don't have TV, but the money will be used to treat my dogs to some chicken nuggets, so they thank you!  Cat Happy

Nothing else going on here; I think I'll color for a bit before I get down to cleaning. I finally got an appointment for a haircut; that will be done on Friday  I'm so glad I found where my girl went to!  I used to go to the best salons in NYC, but IMHO she's more talented than anyone I saw at any of them.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!