Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT Tuesday, March 1st

@twinny70, I am so sorry about your mom, I know how difficult this all is. Been there. Stay strong.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, thank God you checked the date on those noodles.  Instead of Kung Po you might have been Tummy Powwed after you ate them. 

I found some spaghetti sauce that was over 6 months old.  Surprised it didn't eat through the can it was in, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started Susan.   Hope you find some jeans that work for you.  I have a few pairs of jeans, and I finally realized that I do not wear them that often.  It is warm so much of the year here that jeans are usually a bit too warm for me.  In fact, I just put away a couple of pairs to make room for my capris.   It is warmer than normal here, which is great.  I am not a lover of snow like twinny, so temperatures in the 80's make me smile.  Sorry your weather is so bad, spix.  Good day to stay home.  I know how you feel (guilty over not doing your volunteer job), but your safety is very important.

So sorry about your Mom, twinny.  I am glad she is in good hands and they are taking care of her needs.  Glad you are feeling better after your infusion.

Waves to snicks, Bernie, Marijane, Arlene, Jean (hope your friend is okay), Kathleen, Barbara, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

DH slept better last night, thank goodness.  I was a bit worried because yesterday he had difficultly when we were walking and had trouble getting up from the couch, etc.  I think he is better today -- maybe the sleep helped.  He did fine at the club today, and he must have "won" at bingo or something since he brought home some dried cranberries and a granola bar which are typical prizes.  We went for a brief walk after I picked him up, and he did okay. 

I took a walk after I dropped him off this morning, and then I did my volunteer job.  We were extremely busy, and the weird thing is that the menu was completely different than that they had listed.  Some people were not happy with beef instead of chicken, etc.  Oh well....

After work, I went to the gym, which went well.  They finally delivered DH's medicine a few minutes ago.

DD is sick with the flu, but she was able to get some special medicine that is supposed to shorten her illness.  Now she is worried that others in the family may catch the flu, so she is busy spraying disinfectant, etc.

Hope everyone has a good evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

I continue to cycle a flameless candle for your mother.  I will pray that she is spared suffering Twinny.  I've been where you find yourself and know how difficult this is.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

HI Ladies!!!  Twinny, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Having been there with each of my parents last year, I know how you're feeling.  We found the hospice staff to be beyond wonderful...angels on earth.  Stay strong.

ive been reading daily... My family is going through some tough times, so any extra prayers would be appreciated.  Know that I am thinking of all of you and following the thread.  Have a wonderful evening.