Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Tuesday 8/4

JEAN, I'm glad that you only got rain & not some nasty storms. We missed the hail & high winds & got no rain which we really needed. It sounds like the dental visit went well. My DH got the crown cemented back in & it was only $30. I had visions of much worse things happening. Our water bill comes in an envelope but no return envelope like they used do send us. Our water bill is around $110 for 3 months, but it includes water usage, trash pickup, sewer & a $15 city charge for I don't know what. RC, You have the right idea on how to do a water park easily & to your liking. I hope that your job is going well. LL, It sounds like you have a full day with going for the sr. lunch program, walking & getting ready for your trip. Have fun. Just being with your DD & her family will be fun in itself. SUSAN, It sounds like you are doing a great job with meals & entertaining plus household chores. I think it is sensible to stay on your usual meal times. I like the dining room table & it doesn't seem to collect dust on the claw legs or the pedestal as the table top seems to stop it. It only has 6 chairs & two extra leaves & we usually keep one leaf out & use it for extra company. We actually bought the set before our house was built. We used to go to Branson every year & I had been looking at these sets for probably 4 years. We bought this building lot with the idea of maybe building a new house but not sure. We had it for 3 years before we bit the bullet. Yes, it is amazing how furniture looks in the show room but totally different when it gets into our homes.
Trusted Contributor

Have a wonderful trip LindaL.

Our water runs about 150 every 3 months.....more so in summer due to watering and keeping the pool level up.  We have town water but have a septic system for waste.

Arlene hope you are doing better.....prayers for you.     

Have a nice trip Rosa this weekend....my DH has been down to Greenbriar for business trips....I have never been.

Respected Contributor

Jean around here you can't take food and drinks into the park, and if you did the drink would not be cool!  I take my camel back with ice and 3 liters of water, and when we get hungry we have always stopped and split a meal.  Easier than walking all the way back to the car.  I always took food in a cooler for snacks on the way home and that really worked for us.

I don't do the flylady clean the sink thing.  There are several things she says that I ignore, but the parts that helped me were the daily "chores".  "Take a moment and go clean off your xyz".  They kept me on track and when I was doing it, I knew if I missed something this month I would get back to it next month.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa, It is good to be busy at work as the time seems to go faster. Have fun at Greenbrier. a meet & greet would be so much fun a nice meal out. 10 days on the beach in Sept. will be so much fun. DH & I are beach bums. Marijane, We need rain but didn't get any. Yes, my best friend is lucky that she didn't get hurt worse than she did. She said that if she had hit her head on the running board, she would have broken her neck. She is too sore to go to water exercises yet as of of today. Sorry about having to go to a funeral tomorrow, but good idea to get a motel for tonight. BIRD MAMA, Yes she did her fall at 110%. Praise the Lord that she didn't do worse damage. I just was so shocked to see her whole body black/blue/purple. I would have been mad at her DH as he wanted this big vehicle in the first place. I have never liked having to climb up on running boards to enter someone's vehicle. It is sad about Detroit going bankrupt when somebody is responsible for it. Even rose when everybody pays for the mistake. Such a cute Max story. CERB, We had a very good friend that worked for our local water dept. He retired last year but was there for about 28 years. Do you get a discount on your water bill. He didn't. Oh what fun to hear the stories of your DC & their trip to Europe. Like they say we can pick our friends but we are stuck with our relatives. Too bad when people are obnoxious & ruin everything for others. Good luck to your DD when she returns to vet school.
Respected Contributor

I found a claw foot dining room table at our local thrift store a few years ago now for $250, solid oak and reminded me of Gram so we bought it for our anniversary.  Love that table!  I don't do much to it though, I'm sure it could use a good coat of polish.

Bernie, so sweet about DH and Max!

Charlene I do understand about not picking your family.  So glad the DC have lots of stories to tell about their adventure.  They will never forget it.

Linda I know you will enjoy seeing DD and family before they go back to school!  I hope you and DH have a wonderful time. 

My job is good - plenty of work for me to do but nothing is super rushed.  So I am acclimating. 

Marijane so sorry to hear about your DH's cousin.  Getting a room sounds like a more relaxing option.

Rosa, you sound like you are having plenty of fun new outings and I am so happy for you.  Don't you find that city water tastes yuck?  We love our water, and sometimes it does start to smell a bit but never for long.  I know I don't like water most places because our well water is so good.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, wow, 23 responses already. I will not try to respond to each one, but just wanted to say hello, not much going on here today. Have a great afternoon everyone!
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

FGF, Prayers that you are doing better today. My "buns" were so sore from cleaning this morning & the hot tub was wonderful. I feel like a new woman again. I need to be busy today & tomorrow as we have a full 3 day weekend planned. I have felt so great for the last 8 weeks. I haven't felt that good after my infusion for many years. I get my next infusion on Friday, so I hope I feel that great for the next 8 weeks. The 70's weather is a blessing to me too. I have no energy when it is 80 or higher. RC, You got a good bargain on your table. I have never regretted getting it for even a moment. At the time we bought it, I had just won $500 from my place of employment for GREAT attendance. That paid for the table & DH & I bought 6 beautiful chairs to match it. We have an open concept home, so we see it & use it almost everyday. We eat our meals from a side table attached to our island with regular chairs. No climbing up & down from bar stools. I am singing my praises again today as my last infusion was $6,950 & Aetna paid it in full. It has been a blessing having to change insurance companies this year. It makes me want to cry when I see how expensive I have been for the last 14 years. Oh well, like my DH says, "it is only money. SNICKS, I hope that you are having a good day. Yes, this forum is very busy today.
Esteemed Contributor

Back from the primary care doctor. As expected, the routine test results were fine. Go back in 3 months. I have the cardiologist appointment next  week. I consider these routine check in appointments a pain. There was  an hour and 15 minute wait as he was involved in taking care of an emergency, with the actual appointment lasting ten minutes.

Twinny--Isn't it wonderful to have insurance that takes care of expenses that are out of the norm? I couldn't believe I only had to pay $100 for that cardiac ablation. I certainly couldn't have paid for it without insurance. Until someone experiences things beyond the routie, they have no idea the importance of good insurance. You have been fortunate to have good medical care.

Kathleen--Fabulous find on the table. Enjoy it!

Charlene--Family reunions can be mixed blessings.

Snicks--Have a great day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, So glad to hear that your appt. today went fine, but sorry for the long wait & then a 10 minute appt. Yes, it is so important to have good insurance. So great that you only had to pay $100 for your ablation. Good luck with your cardiology appt. next week. Next Monday I have a followup appt. at our local clinic concerning my liver biopsy done in May. He is a new Dr. for me as I have only seen him once or twice. My other Dr. retired after seeing me for at least 10 years. I'm glad that the appt. is first thing in the morning, so I can get it over with quickly. Never did I ever dream that I would be such a medical mess. I remember when our minister was asking us to say "in sickness & in health." We understood about the "for richer or poorer" part. WOW how time flies!
Honored Contributor

Last fall I started playing around with web bill pay.  This was a big step for me considering I worked for 20 years before I opened a checking account (rofl).  I am really digging getting the lions share of my bills paid ASAP this way.

I don't know about your bank, but some of the companies that I pay with web bill pay offer the option of receiving your bill electronically via the web bill pay page.  If I wanted an electronic bill, I know how to ask for it directly with the company.

I came home and low and behold, there's an email from my bank welcoming me to a 90 day trial of AT&T e-billing on the web bill pay page.  So I login, thinking I can turn it off myself.  The only option was 'stop receiving paper bill'.  I guess AT&T figures I'm not biting with the gift card offer (to stop asking for paper bills) so they try to work it through my bank.

I called the customer service number at the bottom of the email and asked the rep, who took it upon themselves to enroll me in a 90 day trial for e-bill?  I then asked if the payment I authorized yesterday cleared.  He said yes.

So then I ask, if I delete AT&T as a web bill-pay account, that'll fix this issue right?  If they are not listed as a web-bill pay account, where are you going to deliver the e-bill?

It didn't take long to get the misunderstanding cleared up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise