Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Tuesday 3/15

Charlene -  I am so sorry to hear about Quigley, it is hard to lose a pet.

Esteemed Contributor

LINDAL, I forgot to wish your DH a happy birthday.

DH & I had a good outing yesterday.  We had a nice lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  This time we shared a lunch special so we would have room for a piece of the SF strawberry cheesecake.  Yum.  Yum.  I still had 1/2 of my gift card, so the meal was 53¢ without tip or tax.

I used my $10.00 coupon from JCP & bought a nice pair of moccasins on sale from $40 down to $11.99.  I got them for $2.1.0.  DH got a nice sweatshirt at Kohl's for $5.00.  I got a bag of chocolate raspberry coffee for $3.15 as I had a few bucks on my gift card from Home Goods.  I got a white jean jacket at Kohl's for $30.00 which had been $45.00.  I don't get messed up so white is a good choice for me.  My last jean jacket was from SG 10 years ago, & it doesn't seem like she is doing them anymore.  I took it to St. Thomas for our DS's & DDIL's.  They are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary in 10 days.  That jacket still gets compliments every time I wear it & it washes wonderful.

DH is coming down with a cold.  I am avoiding him like the plague.

Waiting for this phone call is driving me nutsy.  I have many errands to run today.  Funeral home, PO, tax lady, bank & the list goes on.

Hugs to all of you 

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Happy Birthday to your beloved :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

It's an absolutely gorgeous day - temps in the mid 80s - and I'm headed out to pay my mortgage and make a deposit to my regular bank in a little while. I'm really PO'd with Social Security - it's been almost eight weeks since I requested the earnings report (they said it would take up to six) and it's still not here - I can't get my pension without it, so their delay is costing me big.  Cat Mad Government agencies - ugh!

Charlene, so sorry to hear about Quigley, but I'm glad he didn't die alone, and knew he was loved. You'll see him again one day; God loves the animals even more than we do.  Oh, how I hate death! Cat Sad

LindaL, hope you and DH have a pleasant day.

Jean, didn't you say you took up coloring?  Are you enjoying it?  I'm having lots of fun with my books and am starting to watch tutorials on YouTube so I can get into more advanced techniques. 

My house siding could use a good power-washing, but I have no desire to spend money on something that would be used once a year. Hopefullly I can borrow one as I did before.

Yesterday I took the dogs for a drive. Checked the PO Box, then went to Walmart for litter boxes - the ones I got from Amazon are horrible and are being returned. My kitties are good about using litter...which means if they kick out three grains of litter onto the floor, it's OK to poop on it.  (sigh)  I needed something with high sides and got two boxes with a litter shield from Amazon, but the problem is, the shield just rests atop the bottom - it's not secured in any way - and is easily knocked off, so it's useless.  Anyway, I did some browsing and walked around with a top for a while, but decided I don't need it and put it back - I already have more clothes than I can use.

Bird, why is it that grey temples are so sexy on men, but on women...  Cat Frustrated  Hope your sister is doing better.

Guess I'd better get moving - have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Ann, I am praying for Dh and you - wisdom for medical team and speedy complete recovery.  Charlene, so sorry for poor Quigley. Hugs to all!