Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Tuesday 11/10

Hi girls! 

Well, it's a beautiful day out for a change - bright, sunny, and warm, with temps around 70°. I haven't been out since Friday, so I'm going to run some errands; I'm expecting something in the mail so need to go to the PO, and have to pick up a ticket for that Tchaikovsky concert.  Of course, the dogs will be happy to go for a ride.

LindaL, I think no matter how much traveling one might do, they wish they had done more; the same goes for local attractions.  I so regret that I didn't do many things both while I lived in NYC (Go to the Bronx Zoo, top of the Empire State Building, etc.), and even more so things I didn't do again while living in Hawaii. In fact, there are attractions in this area that I'd like to see, such as Ruby Falls, but just never gotten around to it; I did finally make it to the aquarium, but only because Jules came down for a visit and that was one of the things we did.  Actually, given the political situation in the area right now, would you really want to travel to DH's homeland again?

I'm surprised the caretaker didn't allow enough extra time to find an address she's never been to before, but hopefully she'll work out for you.

My Angelica continues to be a problem; she's very destructive - I see she's made some holes in Honeybun's bed, which is sort of a stretched out hammock on a steel frame. Cat Mad  She's also become quite the bully; I keep her on the back porch, but she steals Honeybun's food after she gobbles her own down, and has taken over Honeybun's bed when she's not in her crate...Autumn is usually in the house with me, but I've noticed that she's afraid to go past Angelica when I call her back inside after she does her business.  They're all OK in the car together, but at times dog fights do erupt. I turn the hose on them, but that doesn't always work.  Anyway, I wish I could find a home for Angelica, but no luck yet, and I wouldn't give her to just anyone.

Marijane - once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine! Cat Happy For some reason they've always been my favorite branch of the military.

Hey Bird, do you ever look at Zoolilly?  I use Adblock Plus on my laptop so I don't see many ads, but on my Kindle I keep seeing their advertisements for the cutest boots and they always make me think of you.

I agree that now they seem to go right from Halloween to Christmas; it's like Thanksgiving has become an afterthought.  What really bugs me is when people refer to it as "Turkey Day" - the true meaning of the day has been lost and now it's just a day to pig out, nap, then go out shopping: all excess and gluttony, no thankfulness. Cat Sad 

I have very little Christmas shopping to do, but usually buy gifts throughout the year as I find things I think people will like, especially if they're on sale. Because of all the extra expenses I've had I'm going through my own things for some gifts for the cousins this year - I have a Coach cosmetic bag I've never used, some PJs still new in the packaging, etc.  I'm all set for them; I just need a few little things for friends.

Well, I guess I'd better get dressed and get moving. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Just checking in to say that I am o.k. but feel like I have been on a roller coaster for 4 weeks.  I finished washing the remaining windows, hung laundry outside, went to mom's to find things which I don't know where she put them.  Came bck to make lunch & made sure we had time for the hot tub before seeing mom this afternoon.  I picked up her mail & then we took our mopeds out to see her.  She was trying to leave her room & head to the bathroom, but the bathroom is in her room.  She missed BINGO today as she said she was talking to somebody but she didn't remember who it was.  We went through her mail & discovered that she has lab work on Thurs & a Dr. visit next Thursday.  I will take her this week for lab but she will take the taxi to her Dr. appt.  Her memory is poor & I really do dread the meeting I have with my brother tomorrow a.m.  I did read all of your posts late last night, but right now  I am too tired to respond to all of you.  I do care about all of you & hope to get back to my normal schedule real soon.  I get my next infusion on Friday so I hope that will give me some more zip.  I think that SYDSGMA got her's today.

Valued Contributor

You know, i can really relate with you ladies whose DH's can't or won't go out. My DH is very limited as to what he can do, so going out other than appointments or something like a haircut just doesn't happen.

I went to return my slipcover that didn't work out, as well as the two scarves I bought just a few weeks ago. I simply couldn't get them to look right...  I found a pair of jeans in Macy's, and got some produce at Sam's as it's right by the mall. I took time to sit and have lunch there for a change. It's been too long since I've done that, and have no reason not to do so.

Susan, I'm glad Katie has had a successful first day home. Minky's been in since just before I got home. He wasn't home this morning, but it started to rain heavily near lunchtime,so I guess he'd had enough of being cold and wet and decided to come home. DH got him toweled off and fed, and I was so surprised to see him inside at the door when I pulled up. He's stayed in for hours on his own, and I'm thrilled. It's so nice not having to worry about him outside.

That was my day. It went pretty well I think...Good night to all, pinky

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

twinny, when you say taxi, are you talking about something like a medical transport from the rehab?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise