Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics:ODAT (Tuesday, 1/10)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.  Just checking in, not much happening around here today.  It has been drizzling all day, but it is 38 degrees though ( heat wave!!!)

What are you all up to today?

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics:ODAT (Tuesday, 1/10)

https://www.facebook.com/AmyStranQVC/photos/a.495921871444.281073.272201386444/10154856429276445/?type=3

Esteemed Contributor

--Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  DD said it was snowing in her area (Maryland) this morning, but they were expecting rain this afternoon/evening.  Oldest DGS invited a girl he is dating to dinner tonight, but did not mention anything to DD until late yesterday or early today.  So, DD was rushing around trying to get things ready. My SIL is working from the company office in Texas this week, and so far so good there.

Sometimes those non-purchases haunt me, meallen, but usually not -- thank goodness.

I had the senior lunch program this morning, and it went well.  I'll be leaving for the gym soon and then visit DH.

The bookclub yesterday afternoon also went well.  DH was okay, but not up to much walking when I visited him later.  At least he was smiling.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we got a little bit of snow yesterday, then freezing rain overnight.  No schools are open in our area today.  No walking or hot tubbing today.  Darn!

Meallen, cute graphic again.

Linda L, how exciting to have a gf for dinner, even if it was unexpected.  You seem to be very busy again today.

Our unfun today was getting rid of old insurance papers.

My Dennis Basso coat came today & it is beautiful.  The mailman even delivered it to our door.  Good thing as it has been raining all day.  It was beautifully packaged in a box with tissue paper & a wonderful coat hanger.

I am going to listen to our governor's state of the state message in just a few minutes.

Then President Obama's farewell speech & then president elects message.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello, I awoke to a couple of inches of snow and was able to try out my TSV snowjoe 2 handled shovel this morning as I cleared the patio to feed the birds and squirrels.  Works great.  Commute was a bear but I made it.  It's been raining most of the day now and I'm hoping to see no snow on my property when I get home - it's in the 40's.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening, everyone. I am home from work but very tired. We had a lockdown today because of shootings in a neighbornig county with the alleged person seen heading our way.  We spent about five hours in lockdown until it was reported the person was apprehended. Not fun.

I did get my Or Paz TSV and matching earrings.  They are very pretty but the ring is too wide for my short fingers and is slightly too big. The earrings don't have as much yellow contrast as expected. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone, I read the posts everyday so I feel like I know all of you. I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa. We had rain here today but the nasty snow/ice/blowing snow stayed to the north of us. We have a rescue dog we adopted after our 16 year old dog died last February. The current dog, Benson, provided the excitement for the day. We have a small table at our entry and he managed to get one of the snowmen and a small flashlight off it. When I arrived home from a meeting I found a decapitated snowman and pieces of the flashlight strewn about. He has to have an iron stomach with some of the stuff he eats. He found a bird that had frozen to death outside the other day and brought it inside before I realized he had something in his mouth. He was so proud. I imagine to distract him long enough to remove the poor bird. Anyway I will try to post, maybe not every day but I enjoy the forum very much.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Shaussie, welcome to this nice group of ladies.  I live in S. WI & we got a little bit of snow yesterday, followed by freezing rain early this morning.  Thus, schools were closed today.  It is very windy, but should quiet down sometime tonight.  Your dog must be a hoot!  Iron stomach for sure!

Honored Contributor

@Shaussie  Welcome to the Community and to this thread :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise