Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies. Not much going on here---thought I would get things rolling.

It was raining in the area yesterday but all I got was a quick little burst.

Linda: Hope you are continuing to progress---you just don't know how sore you can be until you have an incident.

Arlene: Hope your hand is healing.

I'm thinking Jean went to the city today---and then heads out on her ventures.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Tuesdau

Hello Linda!! And all who follow. It's burning hot degrees here today - summer is official for me. ugh! Ready for 2nd shower, and thinking I might really NEED it before going to the dentist. He just has to permanently attach my crown - it's been on temp for a while now.

I still look around as Wanty is alive and active but somehow holding back so far. I have a couple needs but not going to buy until I get exactly what I want. I'm getting quite picky on some things, so I guess that is a blessing.

Went to Carino's today with 3 of the guys - so I talked a friend into going. Another lady went (also a sweet friend) and she spoke spanish the whole time to the other lady so it was as if I was alone with the guys. lol Trying not to be irritated - she is very kind hearted but her English is not so good.

The food was great and we beat the guys there and beat them back. Girl power!! lol

Linda(Latte) I read that you had a visitor and that was so sweet of that man and his family. I'm so glad that it brought you some relief. I hope you continue to heal and that DH gets back to his perky self as well. Hugs to you!

Respected Contributor

Oh I saw on Facebook your lunch plans---YUMMM.

Oh the dentist----at least the visit will be a quick one!.

yes, I have to agree---summer is here.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Good that there was some rain but I know you need more than a shower, etc.

Kathleen--You seem to have a good handle on wanty. Looking can lead to buying, but you are showing control.

I did go to the city today for the foot doc appointment. It is improving but I'll still be going on the trip with a wrapped foot. When I got home, I decided to organize a few things. First, I did the meds, and then I started on my electronics to see what needed a charge. I can't find the charging cord to my tablet, and it is one of those that won't take a cable from one of those external chargers. I looked at all the usual places I use to charge the tablet with no luck. Since I have to take Midnight to the vet tomorrow morning, I'll go to Radio Shack five miles further and get another charging cord. I called to see if they have it in stock, and they have three.

Of course, once I buy this thing, I'll find it when I return from the trip. If I do then I'll have a back up. I've had this tablet almost two years and this is the first time the charging cable is not to be found. I always keep it in the same place, so I have no idea where it went. Oh well, there goes almost $30. I'd check Amazon but I need this for the trip.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi grls! Storming out, so no excuse to not try ans catch up on homrwork. Fingrt stopprd hurting but still can't use tht hand very well. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

did errnds yesterday; took thr girls to a park in Chattanooa where thry got covered in mud so had baths when we got home - Honeybun wasn't happy about that at aal! At the bank drive-thu they stared expectantly at the window (they know drive-thrus usually mean a treat) and were rewarded with dog biscuits. Wanted to get something at Europwan Market but they're closed for vacation; went to Marshall's which is nearby and didn't see a single thing that tmpted me - the clothing this season is boring. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

BTW Jean, bikes are rented with a crdit or debit card, and it's espensive. 0-59 minutes is free, but then its $5 for every 60 minutes, with a max of $100 for the day. {#emotions_dlg.scared} YOu can get an annual memebership for $75, but I've seen bikes in Walmat for just a few dollars more so it's not worth it - especially since the bike rental is in Chattanooga and I'd have to drive out there to use one.

I just has to get a charging cord; they were abour $20 in Radio Shack and even Walmart; got one for $5 on Amazon. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I may gwt another as back-up.

I'm curious to see what the "mystery device" amazon is unveiling next week is - somw speculate its a smart phone, which woulsn't interedt me - I don't use my phone much.

Gotta get to homwork - havw a blessed day, eveyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. Sorry your weather isn't the best. Hot and dry here -- we would love some rain, but I do suffer when it is too humid out, so....

Hi Kathleen. I appreciated the other driver's concern, and I know he didn't mean to hit me. But I do think the accident was his fault, and his insurance should pay. I'm very happy that he does have insurance. I did an interview over the phone with my insurance company, and I think they were planning to say that to his insurance company (he is liable).

One of our friends took me to the grocery store this morning, and another friend took me to the doctor this afternoon. The doctor said that I can take ibuprofen now, and I should keep my arm elevated as much as possible. He told me to walk as much as I can (afraid of blood clots). And, I can go back to walking outdoors, etc., as soon as I feel up to it. That would not be today. LOL Any outdoor walking would need to be done early in the morning.

DH seems to be slightly better, thank goodness, but he is still sleeping much of the time.

Waves to Jean -- sorry about your losing the cable (at least for the moment.) I thought that I had lost the charger to my phone in Maryland, but later found it safely packed in one of many pockets. Sorry about your foot. Not sure if you saw it last night, but I was too late to order the sandals yesterday -- my size was sold out completely. I'm happy you have a trip coming up -- have a great time!

Poor Arlene -- hope your fingers are better soon. That must be painful.

Waves to twinny, Karen, Marijane, Susan, Val, Rosa, Sonya, Nancy, Gayle, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda