Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT Tues. Oct. 24

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - sorry I haven't posted this past week.  Hope you're all doing well today.  Jean -  enjoy your new Wen purchases.  I found your information about candles eliminating odors interesting.  Bernie - I wish I could look good in those pink pants, they're cute!  I know what you mean about being offered senior discounts, lol.  twinny - have a safe trip to, and lots of fun in Branson!  Glad to hear that Christopher is healing well.  Marijane - sorry for you that the Yankees lost.  I did kind-of think that Houston needed some good news though.  Maybe next year!  Linda - no cashmere TSV for me either.  My DH bought an old used truck for our DS that also had mice-chewed issues, lol.  

I've been busy sewing our costumes for the neighbor's Halloween party.  We are going as "The Grim Reaper" - because last year we bought my DH an antique scythe and sickle.  My DH will carry the scythe, which is surprisingly heavy, and I will carry the small sickle.  Our DD is going to come dressed as a coffin, a costume she is making from a collapsible lawn ornament.  I don't usually do "scary", so this is different for us.  

My DH paid a coworker to disc our field for us, so this past weekend we seeded our field with "Southwest Desert Goat Pasture Seed Mix."  Now we just need to get rain at the right time.

I've been good about not shopping too much lately.  Hope I can keep it up.  Waves to all our regulars and visitors alike!  ~ Charlene

Edited to add - We've been having almost 100 degree weather.  Hoping it cools off and rains soon!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT Tues. Oct. 24

Rainy, windy day in New Jersey with some areas seeing trees falling down,

Image result for good afternoon friends images

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies.thanks for starting us Charleen...your Halloween costumes sound great..you will have to post pictures on f.b.  and here, your DD costume sounds great too....hope you all have a good time at the party.   It has been warm here too for Octobet....in fact I heard on our local tv that this has been the warmest October since they have been keeping records since 1800,s hundreds in Central Park.  today is rainy and very windy....we need the rain badly...down 4 inches they said.

Not much here...last night I was out star gazing when I guess a skunk didn't want me where standing where I was....never even saw him but sure smelt him....all over my clothes....ran in took a shower ,threw my clothes into washer and I had some of that  X-o odor neutralizer I had bought yrs ago from qvc....works great...I also ordered another from Amazon last night...just to have on hand!  Every once and awhile I get a whiff of skunk...but not as bad as last night....ugh!

That's about all the excitement from here.......  Have a nice day.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday started out on a sad note.  There was a terrible car accident last Friday night & one of my DH's HS classmates was killed by a drunk driver 10 miles from us.  We heard the sad news yesterday morning when we were 10 miles from home.

We got to Branson yesterday afternoon late & saw the Son's of Britches show which was very funny.

We are going to see The Baldknobbers tonight.

We are off to a winery.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Charlene.  Your costumes sound great.  I hope you have lots of fun at the party.  I was wondering if you were having those high temperatures.  It is hot here, but no 100 degree days for a while.  I think it is supposed to get cooler (highs in the 80's) by the end of the week.  Hope you get some rain, and the goat seed grows well.  Good news about your shopping restraint.  How is it going for your son in VA?

Nice graphic, meallen.  Hope you stay safe in all that rain and wind.

Sorry that skunk found you Marijane. I know that X-O works very well -- glad you had some on hand.  Interesting about your hot weather.

What a shame about your DH's friend, twinny.  I guess drunk driving is still an issue.  We keep hearing about texting and driving and drugs and driving, but drunk driving is still a problem for too many.  Glad you made it to Branson, and hope you continue to enjoy the shows and other attractions.

Glad your dermatologist visit went well, Jean.  I had that done a couple of weeks ago and got good news as well.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

The senior lunch program went well, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  Then I will visit DH.  Hope he is much more awake today since he could hardly keep his eyes open yesterday.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Thank you for starting the thread. Your costumes for the Halloween party sound great. Good job on watching the purchasing. Hopefully the rain will come to help the newly seeded field.

meallen--Thank you for the cute graphic. Sorry that the windy conditions have resulted in fallen trees.

Marijane--The XO does work well. I also ordered a supply from Amazon after trying it from QVC. I should be needing a new supply soon. I'm glad that it worked on the skunk scent.

Twiinny--Sorry about the accident killing DH's classmate. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the show at Branson despite this negative event. Enjoy your trip.

Linda--I think you would agree that the total body check for possible skin cancer is a good idea. Those "minor" areas may be cancer in its early stage so early detection is important. I do hope the visit with DH goes well and he is more awake today.

I worked today but it was an easy day, so I'm not overly tired tonight. I did just turn on QVC and see an onscreen reminder that tomorrow is "Countdown to Christmas." I have no idea what the TSV might be. I guess I will find out soon if I don't turn to watch the news.  I know I will be enjoying "The Voice" again tonight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@cerb  So, you just happened to need an antique scythe around this house?  My kind of people Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@meallen616  It's windy and pretty chilly here too.

Honored Contributor

@Genny1  Oh no, you got skunked, the gift that keeps on giving, lol.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  aww geez, I am sorry to read that one of your DH's classmates died that way - such a tragedy.  I'm glad you made it to Branson safely.