Occasional Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday

It's been cold and rainy all week so I haven't been able to be outside as much as i would like. Last weekend I went with my women's club to an art & crafts fair and then an embroidery show. At the embroidery show local women and a man displayed some of their work and it was amazing. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of embroidery and enjoyed the show tremendously. I like going to art museums and this actually reminded me of an art exhibit. I also like the idea that women have developed and refined this art form over the years.

My youngest son develops web designs and usually has lots of work lined up but it has been really slow the last few months. He e-mailed me that he had just received a $2000 contract from Conde Nast so that was good news. He usually does a lot of work for them so maybe it will pick up again. He also just developed an iPhone app with "ambient" music. That is a very soothing, relaxing type of music. I was lying in bed with the dog beside me when I downloaded his new app and it put my dog to sleep. The dog had been kind of restless and he calmed down and conked out within a minute or so. I am not sure that was my son"s goal but i did write and tell hime that the music was very soothing.

I am watching Susan Graver right now. I like many of her designs but I turn the volume super low because I find her nonstop talking annoying. I think she is probably a very nice person but she talks too fast and loud for me. Maybe I should send her my son"s new app.

As always, I enjoy hearing about all of you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday

It was nice to see your name!! The Iphone app sounds very mellow. I am starting to get used to my fancy smart phone but haven't figured out how to buy a game yet. It asks me to log in but I'm not sure what account it is asking for. lol The embroidery show sounds like fun. I would love to quilt someday. My Grams and Aunts make quilts but Grams are gone and Aunt is a loooooong ways away from Tx, in upstate NY.

I've been my usual busy self. I cleaned my car from the inside out. Did not do windows but everything else! MJ sent me the "scrub Daddy" sponges and they were awesome for getting the bugs off the grill. I had to go order more for my Mom and one of my sweet Spiritual Mom's for Mother's Day.

I cooked my pasta salad, loaded a few things in the car and that was it for me. I'm late going to bed. But I feel like I did all I needed to do.