Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday

Charlene -  you deserve a treat and even managed to get books on sale.

Twinny - the stay at a B&B sounds romantic and lovely.  You have a busy weekend ahead of you and DH's class reunion sounds fun.

Arlene - what a lovely picture of the magpie. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday

Sorry, it has been a busy day, but I wanted to let you know that things turned out well for DGS.  The head coach took him aside when he arrived yesterday afternoon, and told him that they had problems with that Dad before.  And, that the Dad has a serious drug problem.  The Mom (who does not live with the Dad) called to apologize and offer to make her ex apologize, but DGS declined the offer.  He just doesn't want to deal with the guy, and I don't blame him.  The coach was very supportive, and said that he hoped DGS would stay there and coach.  That made DGS feel good.  He does feel very sorry for the son involved.  

DH's neurologist appointment went okay, but the doctor said that his memory is clearly getting worse, and that the medicine has not helped.  He did recommend a dietary supplement, which turns out to be quite expensive ($42 for 30 days).  I don't have a lot of hope for that, but I'm to the point of trying almost anything.  For the first time, the doctor seemed to recognize that I need some help (asked me if I was getting some support).  He also said that despite everything, DH was a good man and nice -- that is absolutely true.

Sorry you have to go back and forth between the houses for a while, Kathleen.  Have you started looking for a job?  Maybe you should wait a while so that you are more familiar with the area.

Glad to hear about your computer/internet, Arlene.  I forgot to ask about the latest with second DGS's computer.  A technician from Dell came by yesterday(?), and said he could not fix it.  So, the last I heard, they were waiting for a box to return the laptop and get a new one.  

Your purchases sound perfect to me, Charlene.

Hope work went well today, Bernie.

Welcome back, twinny!  Glad you had a nice trip, and hope the party goes well.  You are one busy lady.

Sleep well everyone!