Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday, October 22nd

Bernie. The no umbrella rule is at the University. It has been a rule for a long time. Ponchos are allowed. I think probably safety issue and not blocking views.
Trusted Contributor

Hi friends!  Sydsgma - I agree with you about Las Vegas.  I'm not a drinker, smoker, or much of a gambler, so I get bored rather quickly.  It's just not really my thing.  Hope the rest of your trip goes well.  Bernie - Frustrating about purchasing the wrong bird feed and having it go to waste.  Bummer.  Maybe the local animal shelter could use it somehow?  And sorry about the bad boss.  Double bummer.  By the way - I'm a little slow at adapting to new tech too. LindaR - Isn't the cost of shipping expensive these days?  That dog crate must have been exorbitant.  2 years ago I wanted to surprise my DD by buying her a couple of bags of nice candy for Halloween, and to share it with her roommates.  The shipping cost more than the candy.  Last year I just sent her a card with $20 in it and told her to purchase the candy locally.  She was appreciative either way.  This year I bought the recent Harry London TSV and had it shipped to her place.  pinky ann - Minky the cat is lucky to have found a home with you!  

Hope everyone is well   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

Charlene. I was watching Jeopardy this week. Had a whole category featuring your daughters vet school!!! I remember one question had to do with the blood bank. Shout out to your daughter and the students. I was at the grocery last week. They had a large display of candy. Couldn't believe how much!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi kittyfan - my DD called me to have me watch Jeopardy, so I watched it too.  It was fun to see that little segment.  I knew all the answers too, lol.  My DD said they had a viewing party, where about 12 students watched the show together, ate popcorn, etc.  They had a debate about whether the rumen is the "first stomach" though.  It's the first stomach for hay, but water and chewed grain will skip the rumen and go the a different stomach.  Who knew?  Anyway, thanks for thinking about her!

Smiley Happy   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

Oh how fun. A watch party!!!! I love watching jeopardy!!'