Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday, Jan 14th

[ Edited ]

Not sure what she is talking about because my nephew is in a Military College and in a branch of the service and he is having problems getting them to pay just a small amount under the GI Bill which is not all that much..and he is graduating this spring and they have yet to pay anything back to them!

His parents are footing the bill for the school and have depleted their college fund they have taken out lol.. - it would be great if she had some information that pointed us in the same direction.

Funky: Not sure how it works state-to-state but does your state have a Office fo the Aging agency?  I know we do and they help people with home issues/repairs. My mothers friend was given a new furnace, roof, window and floors in her home. You mention military so is there any assistance programs that the military offers for home owners?

Is there any low cost loans that you would take advantage of until next tuition time - even home equity and it is a necessity and also a improvement to the home so it is a good investiment. Good Luck!

Regular Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday, Jan 14th

@CouponQueen wrote:

Not sure what she is talking about because my nephew is in a Military College and in a branch of the service and he is having problems getting them to pay just a small amount under the GI Bill which is not all that much..and he is graduating this spring and they have yet to pay anything back to them!

His parents are footing the bill for the school and have depleted their college fund they have taken out lol.. - it would be great if she had some information that pointed us in the same direction.

Funky: Not sure how it works state-to-state but does your state have a Office fo the Aging agency?  I know we do and they help people with home issues/repairs. My mothers friend was given a new furnace, roof, window and floors in her home. You mention military so is there any assistance programs that the military offers for home owners?

Is there any low cost loans that you would take advantage of until next tuition time - even home equity and it is a necessity and also a improvement to the home so it is a good investiment. Good Luck!

@CouponQueen My DH checked with the VA and we found there's no provision for VA education money to pay for home needs and in fact overpayments must be paid back or they go to collection.  Something's not adding up here.