Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday 7/23

I started the thread and found out I put it in the Beauty topic, yes I am not awake today .  Not sure how to transfer it to here to here so here I go again.

The weather is great today, and I am not shopping for anything.  I don't need a new travel purse, I have a couple that will do for me. 

I have some cleaning to do, but probably won't get any decluttering done - just not feeling it.

What is everyone up to today?   Have a good day.

Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thursday 7/23

Good morning!

I am drinking a cup of coffee and relaxing before the phones start to  ring here at the office.  Of course if they did not ring I would not have a job!

Overcast here today.

After work I am meeting my friend and his daughter and her hisband for dinner at a Chinese resteraunt.  I love Chinese food, hope they have sushi.

I also am not shopping, do not need anything.  I do need some under stuff, but I hoping to mkle it to a Hanes Bali outlet next month.

I had my full body cardio class last night  and it wore me out, but I do feel good when I have finished the class each time.  We just started a new 6 week session and have a new guy, only one man in the class, he jokingly called him self the lone wolf.

Not much else going on here, I did get a new top last week on clearance by Attitudes by Renee, I love it, it is long but I am tall so it fits me just right, I can see how it would be too long for others.

I hope that everyone is doing well and has a good day.

Valued Contributor

The top I got and love is A23840, I have it in evergreen.  I will wear it with some black slim leg ankle pants and some blingy black flat sandals. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is with sadness in my heart that I am posting today. Last night DH & I enjoyed the rodeo & then as we were riding our mopeds home, we saw lots & lots of red flashing lights. We then heard on the 10:00 P.M. news that there was a shooting in our small town of 10,000 people. They said 1 man dead, i critical & a policeman involved in shooting one of them. It happened at a mobile home park just 2 blocks from where we used to live in our last home. It was 2 Latino men fighting & one shooting the other one. Then when the police came the surviving man ran & was found 6 blocks away (that is where we were at the time of the flashing lights). Now there are 2 dead & the DOJ coming to investigate the situation. They also said that our small town has never had any kind of shootings ever like this. I would appreciate prayers for their families & the officers involved & their families too. DH & I are going out for breakfast then a funeral after lunch, so it is not going to be a fun day. It is sad as this is a quiet community with wonderful police force etc. Since my computer for some reason doesn't give me paragraphs, I will post again.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. It is easy sometimes to accidentally post a topic in the wrong forum. It is fine; we are all beauties wearing fashion.

Like you, I have no need for the TSV; I  have travel handbags that work very well for me. As I thin things out, I don't need to add to the collection. Like you, I've somewhat stalled on the declutterinng. I promised myself last night that I would find the "love" today and get some things that aren't loved in the "good-bye" group. Oh, that person who says you should get rid of things you no longer love or feel the love when using also says that you should not tackle it by room but by category. The reason is that we often keep categories of items in different rooms. As a result, you might want to tackle clothes regardless of where located....or beauty products....or OTC, etc.

Rosa--Enjoy the coffee and also the phones when they start ringing. Your dinner out sounds great. I order my bras from One Hanes Place.com which is the same as the outlets. Sometimes they have some really great buys which offsets the cost of travel to an outlet. Enjoy your new top and also the cardio class.

Twinny--Incidents like you describe really have an impact in a small community and really have long lasting feelings about safety and what lies ahead. One never knows what lies ahead. Prayers, of course.

I checked Amazon today to see when I made my last order. I can safely say that I have not purchased anything from there this month. I do have some things in the cart but I'm in no rush to get them. I want to see if I can go a full month without purchasing anything.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, We have had great weather too but it will be 84 degree today & then two degrees higher each day until we are in the 90's by Saturday. FHG, It was so nice of your friend to make you that blueberry lime cake. How nice to share it with others too. DH & I finished the blueberry cake that I made on Monday, but I froze the berry pie. Bird Mama, I read your post on Tuesday about you at QVC shopping in 2007. What was your first purchase? My first purchase in October of 2001 was a Christmas tree sold by David V. RC, so sorry that you had to have a tooth extracted. Yes, my DH did break his entire tooth off crown & all. I am sure that it will be an extraction at the Oral Surgeon. That will be a hard day for me as my dad took one of his final breaths at our oral surgeon. Sydsgma, You have really been a longtime QVC shopper. It was more fun years ago too. Rosa, Have fun with your friend & his DC tonight as you go to the Chinese restaurant. I love Chinese but have never had Sushi. Your outfit sounds so nice & I love bling on some of my shoes. I bought 3 pairs of slides & one of them has bling that looks very nice. I usually have a hard time getting comfy shoes but I had gift cert,, coupons etc. & they were greatly reduced so I got all 3 pairs for $23.32. Hugs to all of you today.
Valued Contributor

Twinny that was a great deal on the sandals, my hat is off to you!

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You really capture some great deals in your shopping. A friend and I were talking about sales and how rare it is to find a good outfit in our size. Usually what is left is something that doesn't grab us but there are all kinds of great things in the size 10 and less. I also have a popular shoe size. I just have to hit the sale right as it is beginning if I am to find something I like that really fits.

I've spent an hour going through papers, showing some of them the love of the trash. Some are backed up online and some are no longer needed for verification, etc.

Arlene's baking is getting me in the mood to bake something but I wouldn't be as artistic as she is in her baking. I must say that presetation or the visual appeal of her baked items makes me very hungry for things I am supposed to eat in limited amounts.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started Susan.  Glad your weather is nice.  I don't need a new travel purse either, so no TSV for me.  I did a bit of cleaning yesterday, but I have plenty more to do.

Enjoy your dinner tonight, Rosa.  Sushi isn't something I would eat, but I do like Chinese food.  Glad you enjoyed your exercise class last night.  Funny about the lone wolf.  Happy you like your new top.  

Very sorry for the shooting in your area, twinny.  I will be praying for all those involved and your town.  I really wish there were places that were violence-free, but I guess that is not realistic.  

You asked yesterday about whether all the exercise options we have are typical for retirement communities, and I have to say yes and no.  Most retirement communities that I have visited have at least one pool and one exercise room.  Often, the homeowners pay for these facilities through monthly dues to their homeowner association.  Our area is a bit different in that it is large, and not just one neighborhood/development.  I think about 75% of the homes are part of our recreation association -- you pay an initial fee when you buy your house and then a yearly amount.  And, we have 12 pools (I think) plus around six fitness centers plus tennis courts, pickleball courts, etc., etc.  So, I guess we have more than average.

Oops, I need to go to my strong bones workout now, but I will post later on.  

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are so fortunate to have so many exercise opportunities in your area. Here, it is "do it yourself," as the closest one is over an hour away. Well, I need to rethink that. The Senior Citizen Center does have exercise equipment which I used last Summer and I was the only one most days signing in to use it. They close at 3:30pm so those who work cannot use it.  I got out of the habit of using it once school began.

Well, I did a little more work and now have a "do it at home" lab test to take back to the local hospital lab.