Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Thanksgiving, November 24th

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to You.  I am currently sifting through the barrage of emails that I received about holiday sales.  It feels like the campaign for my money started early this year as I've been hitting the delete key quite a bit in the last couple of weeks.

I need nothing so I'm feeling pretty strong about resisting the temptation. Fingers crossed that wanty doesn't rear his/her ugly head.

I baked a Sara Lee apple pie for the family dinner tonight.  It's cooling on the rack and I am enjoying my coffee and my birds this morning.  Presto is in a playful mood today.  

The family dinner is supposed to start at 6:30 tonight and I am hoping that the mood is relaxed.  There has been significant tension among some of the folks gathering tonight and if I walk in and feel like I could cut through it with a knife, I will not be there very long.

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Thanksgiving, November 24th

Good Morning to All who stop by today

Thanx @Bird mama for the start, Hope the family dinner goes smoothly, sorry about the tension, but like you said if it's not going good leave early

My pumpkin pie is cooling, bird in the over, mashed in the slow cooker, now I'll get in the shower then finish up.  Dinner is at 2:00, DD has to be at work at 4:00, but that's the way of retail

Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Essie

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving all, we are ready to walk out the door to pickup granddaughter and go to dinner. Will post more later. Hope everyone has a nice, tension-free day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies.......I have a lot to be thankful for and also for you beautiful Ladies.    I hope all of you have a wonderful day !        Marijane

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty proud of myself.  I managed to avoid shopping for shoes and avoided any shopping at my store.  The only order I placed was at Barnes & Noble for my page a day Audubon desk calendar.  It sells out quickly in the stores and I got 30% off.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. May the spirit of the day extend throughout the year. We all have something for which to be thankful each and every day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day..I have much for which to be thankful. 

Sydnie and mollie are here and it is fun to have them around . It makes our day more special. 

I read daily but but have not posted. The weather is beautiful here in Arizona.

(((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I treasure all my friends here, and I am extremely thankful for you.  Leaving to be with DH for dinner soon. 

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  You are all  so special to me.  I have so many things to be thankful for.   DH & I had a very nice lunch out.  I came down with a bit of a cold last night.   I blame it on the clinic appointments on Monday & Tuesday.

I have done NO shopping.  If the TSV was fleece, it would be coming home to me.  Fleece is my absolute favorite.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

http://www.imgion.com/img/thanksgiving-day/page/16/