Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well today.

I was up early today, so I feel like it should about noon. It was only 39 degrees when I got up today, hope this does not mean cold weather will be here anytime soon. I do like fall, but I am not ready for winter and cold weather.

I am proud of myself, I made it thru a day of Dooney and Bourke and did not buy one. I am in a mood for a new purse, but am trying to hold out for a while longer. I know when I buy a purse, I will find one I like even better.

Not much going on here today, DH and I will be heading out for breakfast in a little while, and I should do some more decluttering around here because tomorrow is garbage day. The other day I did clean out my photo box, I did not realize how many double and triples I had of pictures. So I organized them by subject and put them in individual envelopes. This is a project I have been meaning to do for about a year.

Well, I need to get moving, hope everyone has a great morning.

Super Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

Good for you ! We all could probably do a bit of de-cluttering ! Why don't you consider putting all of those photo's on a CD and toss out the paper copies that will eventually fade out or get torn. Then you wouldn't have to keep up with them and find space for all of those envelopes and make storage. You could just put your CD in and have a wonderful time viewing your photo's. It's easier to do than I imagined. My SO is in the process of doing that now and I am overwhelmed at how many boxes, albums, drawers, envelopes, and things were full of so many photos. Talk about clutter !

The good news if I ever want to make a photo of something I put on CD, I can ! It's just a better way to store them and view them. AI can make a copy and keep it in my bank safety deposit box in case of fire or flood damage and won't lose them any harm.

Anyway, proud of you for being so industrious on a cold weekend day !

Enjoy your nice breakfast out ! Smile

Respected Contributor

Good morning Susan! Thank you for starting us. It was a chilly 64° this morning and this weather fills my heart with joy. So glad for a cool breeze, even if it is only for a morning.

I need to do some decluttering as well. This house overwhelms me. I just don't have what it takes to keep up with everything. I resubscribed to FlyLady again so I would start doing the little things, but it's still very overwhelming to me. It's clean, there are just lots of cobwebs on the popcorn ceilings and clutter everywhere. DH brought a new small shelf home and it's in our bedroom - in the way, ever since March. ::sigh::

Photos, back when I couldn't sleep I started to put them all in albums. I made albums for my girls with the duplicates. Then I stopped. That was several years ago - I quit printing photos. I'm not sure how people "do it all" or "keep up" but my poor efforts are insufficient.

I am also on the hunt for a purse. I found one on ebay for $100 that I love - it's the Tignanello pocket braided hobo in glam red. The purple is $165 on here. I found a BMak that was very nice and fit my criteria on Friday but decided I would wait.

ETA: Welcome HopeQ1! That is sweet that your SO is putting all the photos on the computer for you. Do you back them up somewhere? I know my cousin did that one year and when she was done made CD's for all her kids.

I have shoes on their way to me. I hope that to be the only purchase this pay period. I paid bills last night and felt good about where my money is going. I picked up one of the girl's student loans and am secretly paying on it every month. I still want to go to Vegas but have not decided anything.

Trusted Contributor

HopeQ1 - Thanks for the encouragement. I don't print photos anymore, we just put them on the computer now, but these are older ones and I just want to mess with putting them on CD's, there are also photos that my sister-in-law have given me of the nieces. It' funny, when we go on vacations, sometimes the camera spends more time in the room than we do.

Kathleen - I know when the house starts to look too cluttered, I just take a bag and hit the open surfaces first. Sometimes that is enough to get me to open a few drawers or cupboards and do a little decluttering there. I would love to just start the decluttering process and not stop until the whole house is done. We are supposed to have a winter like we did last year (I am hoping they are wrong) so that may be a good time to really start the process. I have to admit, I will declutter an area and then go back a month or so later and clean out more. It is a process.

I love Vegas, even if you don't gamble, just people watching is a blast. DH and I may go there this winter, depends if we still have the dog or not. The dog is 16 yrs. old this year and I just don't want to put him in a kennel, I am afraid of what may happen when we aren't home. So vacations plans are on hold for awhile.

When I cleaned out my photos I took them out of all albums, and put them in envelopes, this way they all fit into the box.

I know what purse you are talking about and it is a nice one, I have eyed that one over the years. If you decide to get it, enjoy it.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, thank you for starting the thread. It was in the upper 30s when I crawled out of bed at 9am. I'm still having problems adjusting to the time change so I slept later than usual. I put the pics on the computer but I'm one of those individuals who loves to hold an album in hand and flip through it without having to access a computer. Don't forget to back up the photos which you put on the computer as all can go quickly.

I didn't buy anything yesterday although I did see a pair of boots I liked. I just decided that there would be weeks ahead in which boots would be offered. I think I have enough to do me until next Spring of Fall and Winter clothes as well as handbags and shoes, but I'm always open to a purchase. Technology will be my weakness now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Good for you with the de-cluttering -- keep up the good work. I have lots of old pictures that I need to deal with, I think I need to face the fact that I won't be scrapbooking those photos. Oh well..... Good job in resisting the purses yesterday -- I resisted as well. And, I did a bit of de-cluttering/cleaning this morning. I couldn't find the All Bran cereal I needed to make muffins, which lead to going through the pantry and tossing out some old odds and ends (tiny bits of pasta, etc.) No cereal there, but fortunately, I had a box of cereal in another place so I can make the muffins later.

I can't believe how cold it is there and where Jean lives. Yikes! It was cool this morning, but I mean the low 70's. Still getting up into the 90's during the day. It was lovely on our walk this morning.

Welcome HopeQ1. How nice of your SO to help with the photos.

Hi Kathleen -- that Tig purse sounds like something I would like as well. Hope you like the shoes. How sweet of you to pay your DD's student loans. I would like to do that for my DGS, but I don't know how to go about it. I may need to wait until he graduates to do so.

Waves to Jean -- sorry you are still so tired after your trip. I was wondering if your heart issue could be part of the problem. Just a thought. On the other hand, I don't have a heart problem, and jet lag really bothers me.

I went to the pool yesterday afternoon, and there was only one other person swimming. She has a heart issue (I saw her at the cardiologist office when I was there), and we had quite a discussion about diet and exercise. She was very unhappy to be criticized for her diet during her last cardiologist visit. Her diet sounded fine to me -- she eats tons of vegetables and few carbs. I'm glad I don't have to follow such a strict diet, since I love my carbs. LOL

Nothing exciting planned for today -- church, gym, and ironing. I need to do some de-cluttering of magazines next to the bed. I did clean a bit yesterday, but that seems to be an unending job.

Waves to Arlene, Karen, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Sonya, Nancy, twinny, Val, Gina, Kathy, Jules, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, my pantries are full too. All those baking supplies I "might need". I finally took out the muffin and scone mix and put them in a foil pan on top of the cabinets, and promptly filled the empty space. ha ha

I skipped church this morning for extra needed sleep. DH and I had to go do a couple things and I lost my temper in Home Depot. Thankfully got out of there before I said anything I would feel bad about later. Smiley Happy I had to walk the whole perimeter of the store for a flat cart, and was pretty peeved about that and the (no) "help" that we got from the girl that said she was going to help us. I hate it when I get that angry. Don't like myself much.

I am my own worst critic with the house. DH always tells me how nice it looks. I think sometimes I base my self esteem on my performance at home, where there is always more to do. These trips to "city home" are good for me because there is never a lot of things to do up there.

Jean I found some boots at Target that I'm dying to go see in person. I did get a new pair of jeans today at Kohl's with my 30% coupon. DH found a nice pair of pants as well. We had fun out and about, now it's nice to be home.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Part of the problem is due to jet lag but we had one very active day full of hiking with some breaks. The next day was a "down" day but it also started over 24 hours of not sleeping as we had a night flight out which didn't get us into our home airport until around 6:30 pm Eastern time. The heart did fine while I was gone. I always have problems with the time change coming back but the day of activity was a bit extreme for us.

Kathleen, by all means, go check out those boots. They may be a gem worth purchasing. Good buy at Kohls.

Despite being tired, a friend called and wanted to go to the city for a late lunch and early dinner. I decided to go as long as they were driving as dinner out sounded better than what I had.

I work every day this week except Friday when I have an appointment in Columbus, Ohio. I could likely use the rest tomorrow but right now, work equals some money and sometimes I feel better when out and about and doing something useful.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean I'm glad you are able to get some sleep. It's so nice when the friends drive! I love to drive but occasionally really enjoy just riding. I might go look at the boots but now DD's oldest is going to the ball, so Stevie is trying to scheme with her professors to have Tuesday off before thanksgiving (her only day of class that week) so she can go. This means middle DD would be left out. She has a birthday this month so I would rather have her ticket to go with us than not. You know that that means - better choices. I did look at my boots that I have and I have several of every style. lol I only get to wear them for about 4 months a year so probably not a wise buy.