Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

No TSV for me today, though I do have to sweep today. My sister has a Dyson and she was not real impressed with it for the money.

Jean - Hope you are feeling okay today, hope you did not hurt yourself after your fall yesterday. When I said yesterday about paperwork, it is a lot of pages I pulled out of magazine that were things I may want to get (it's like a wish list), I realized I have not looked at the pages in quite awhile. I take that that is sign I really don't need these thing nor really want these things.

Kathleen - Hope DH friend is doing well today.

I went to see Larry the Cable Guy in concert last night, I do have to say it was a very enjoyable show. He is a comedian that does not use filthy language in his routine and it was a very funny show. Don't get me wrong, I can take a little language in a show, but not when every other word is, lets say questionable. We went to dinner at a restaurant in town and it was very good. Of course I ate way too much, since could not take a doggie bag home, and the chocolate ice cream they had was to die for. It was home made and it was VERY chocolately (if that is a real word) tasting. So I have to report the evening was a success.

Well I am off to do something constructive today (after I read the Sunday Paper), and I hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Cable Guy as well as the wonderful dinner.

I have taken pages out of a magazine to remind me of something, and then later wonder I thought it was important enough to keep. It should have gone with the magazine. Right now, I don't have many magazines coming into the house. I think of two, so I don't suffer from magazine clutter. I usually read them and then let them go.

I overslept today, probably because I went to bed late and took two Advil PM. I'm a little sore today but it is not as bad as I expected. I guess I'll see what I can get into today. I'm on a streak and want to maximize it while on this streak. I need to call the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to set up an appointment to go over the results of the MRI.

I have a Dyson which I like better than the Oreck I had. It is one of the animal versions but can't remember the number.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Glad you had a nice dinner and enjoyed the show last night. I have a tendency to do the same thing with magazines. I pull out recipes and articles about things I might want to purchase/do around the house and then never look at them. Eventually, they go on the paper recycle pile. But, in the meantime I have clutter. No TSV for me. I have an Oreck which is supposed to last 21 years, at least you have 21 years of free annual check-ups. So far, so good, and I will have had it seven years in March. It was pricey, but.... I like that it is so lightweight, and I have heard that at least some of the Dyson vacuums are heavy. However, if I need a vacuum in the future, I will consider Dyson since it seems to have a great reputation.

Hi Jean -- glad you aren't too sore today. Do take care of yourself. Hope you get some information from the doctor about your MRI soon.

Nothing exciting going on here. I finished my Saturday stuff, and I will get to my Sunday activities after church. I do want to go to the gym, iron, and take a walk. Hopefully, I will get a chance to do some more paper sorting. I am happy that I have decided more papers can go. More papers are more clutter.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Marijane, LindaR, Sonya, Rosa, Nancy, Val, Karen (continuing to pray for your family), Kathy, Gayle, twinny, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Paper clutter is a killer and it can accumulate so easy. We always keep things just in case we need to prove something. I guess we could scan that information and store it in the computer and make sure it is backed up just in case the computer goes.

I think when summer comes, I might get a new gas range and a washer/dryer. In addition to the hit taken last month and this one with car and medical expenses, I need to look toward making sure the funds are there for that. In addition, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the HVAC unit doesn't need a major repair or replacement.

This is just additional motivation to watch the spending and all those magic words that entice us to buy, such as "last day at featured price," "clearance," and "sale."

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I've done some things around the house and have WEN'd my hair. It is time for a break and perhaps...just perhaps, come back and do some more.

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends! I had a lazy Sunday morning and took care of some things around the house, then 40 min of Just Dance got me sweating. I skipped church because I need some home time but I will go to CR tonight and do music. I'm not sure how DH's friend is doing but he didn't seem "critical" when we were there yesterday.

It is chilly this morning, right at 32 but is warming up a bit now. I need to lay clothes out for work and play some guitar today - necessary for life! lol

Frequent Contributor

Jean- So glad to hear you're not affected by the chemical spill.

Linda- I love my OREK as well. I bought specifically because it was lightweight.

Kathleen- I hope your DH's friend is ok.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Respected Contributor

Kathy: always love seeing you. So sorry about your kitty. They are members of the family had a heavy frost this morning. Nice when I left church. By the time I arrived home it was cooler and cloudy. Came home and sat down and not sure where the afternoon went. My town is having an electronic recycling event next Saturday. I have a few items. Have some old cell phones in the closet. Need to find them to take. I have a microwave. Maybe I will take it and see if they can take it oh such excitement!!!