Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday, November 29th

Barbara that is cold for your area....I think we were "warmer" here in Southern Ct.   I  also order from JJill and LLBean.....so my shopping is spread around LOL.

Jean sorry you didn't get into the city today......I know how it is when you get sidetracked by something else when you have other plans then you don't feel like going later especially when you have such a big trip one way just to get there.

I guess the lady at the bank will not approach you again Bernie....LOL....I don't remember if you said you gave the pen back!

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

Marijane, I handed her the pen and she said keep it, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@pinky ann, my back is very gradually getting back to its normal level of pain, I think, and my other ailments seem to be lessening also. I had an appetite today, really the first time since Wed. for that, so I think I'll live, lol. Really wish I had felt better on Thanksgiving, but I just pretended and didn't mention to anyone (other than hubby) that I wasn't feeling so great. It's what we do, isn't it? We all have our issues.

@Bird mama, wish I had been a fly on the wall at the bank, that must have been a hoot. Be careful putting up those new lights. Hope it has warmed up some where you are, still pretty cold here.

@KonaKat, sometimes something just tells us to change not only our plans, but orders too. I generally heed that unseen voice. Enjoy your kindle time and good luck with your doctor appt. tomorrow.

@Genny1, you sound well on your way to decorating your home, I'm sure it will be lovely when you are done. I take it in small steps these days. I had not tried any of the LE half zip tops, but that one caught my eye, and I normally would also have got it in a color, but the ivory just seemed the right one for me. If those fairies show up at your house, send them on to me, would ya, I'm sure they could do wonders with my place, lol.

@LindaLatte, if I had my choice, I would live in warm weather year round. I so dislike Winter that is is ridiculous. I am glad you have had some time to read up on and are now more at ease in your own mind re the hospice care, if & when the time comes that you decide DH needs it. Glad both of you enjoyed your walk in the garden yesterday and the craft fair. Yes I do think that all college students use laptops, so it is very nice that you could get one for your DGD. Sorry your DGS was stopped while getting coffee and airing up a tire on his break, but I guess the police cannot be too careful these days, thank goodness he had his store ID badge with him.

@sydsgma1, your choir group sounds lovely and I am sure you enjoy the church services. Good for you, that is wonderful. I don't think I have ever been to a jjill store or even looked online for their site, that may be something I will do one day soon. So far I have liked the quality and fit of the things I have gotten from LE, and have also shopped a bit at LLBean, but always like to look around. Take care of yourself.

@FunkyHulaGirl, if you check in, and care to share... I have been thinking about your remarks regarding living in Hawaii. Since I am a fairly recent poster on this thread, I'm just wondering what was the decision maker for moving back to the mainland? Perhaps others already know but being new I am curious. I am just imagining that living in Hawaii would be nearly perfect, lol.

Waves to any I have missed....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

snicks..sorry you have not been feeling well. That is the insidious nature of our disease...I feel awful most days but only my dh can tell.  I love jjill ..expensive but they last forever. (((((Hugs)))

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Thankfully the warm weather continues, but it's been raining all day with more forecast for the next two days. I couldn't fall asleep last night and around 7 a.m. ended up taking a PM painkiller, which resulted in my sleeping very, very late. I had intended to go through my purses and get a dozen or so listed for sale, but have no energy to do anything today. I did make a big pot of chili and just had some, but I may just go back to bed with a good new cozy I started yesterday.  I didn't even check the bird feeder - I didn't feel like going out in the rain; usually there's been some left lately as I've been using something other than the cherry flavored seed they love so much as it's cheaper.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the energy to get all my stuff for sale listed; I also have enough ground beef left to make a batch of sloppy Joes; I've been craving it since someone here mentioned them last week.

Sorry you didn't make it to the city, Jean.  My computer runs slow at times, but usually clearing the cache and history and removing cookies works; occasionally I refresh Firefox, and that helps a lot. I suspect that with weak sales this weekend there will be some really, really good deals on everything closer to the holidays.

I was just listening to a news story that says pigeons are better at reading mammograms than humans are - they have a much higher accuracy rate!  If you go to my FB page the story is in the Pro-105 Prophecy Update video I posted at about the 24 minute mark. Fascinating stuff!

Bird, I always do something similar when I'm accosted at the entrance to a store and they ask me if I want a flu shot.  I usually pretend to think for a moment, then say (loudly), "Let me see...formaldehyde, aluminum, ammonia, aborted fetal tissue, dried animal tissue, detergent...no thank you!"  If I'm feeling really playful I'll say something like, "If you drop a vial of that stuff you have to call a hazmat team to clean it up, and you want me to put it in my BODY?" or (this year) "I get you didn't get the memo that the CDC apologized earlier this year because the flu vaccine is useless?"  They leave me alone after that and try to get rid of me before I can scare other victims away!  Cat LOL

Gosh LindaL, that's awfully cold for your area, isn't it?  I'm glad you have some options for DH.

Snicks, I used to visit Hawaii with my late husband often as he worked for an airline, and we had planned to move there, as in addition to the beauty of the place everyone was so warm and friendly. The Lord made a way for me to do so after he died and I wanted to start my life over, and I soon found that visiting there and living there are two different things; there's a tremendous amount of prejudice there towards "haoles" (those who aren't at least part Hawaiian) by the natives. I lost track of how many times my home was robbed, I had threats made on my life and was sexually harassed by my last landlady's son. (She claimed they were Christians but that he was "a little bit backslidden."  Turned out he was one of the biggest criminals on the island and even the police were afraid of him! He was arrested by the FBI eventually.)  I'd call the police - all of whom were at least part Hawaiian - and the response was generally, "If you don't like it here, you can move."  The last straw was when my late husband's turd of a son got into cahoots with MY lawyer, and stole everything I was entitled to by law from the estate; I had a breakdown and ended up homeless; I had little choice but to move back to the Mainland; after much prayer, the Lord led me here, and made a way for me to move, even getting me a beautiful apartment in an elegant neighborhood.  So, I had only five years there.  Oh well...the Lord's kingdom and the new earth will be even more beautiful, and the evil, ugly people won't be there. As for that lawyer, I'm sure I'm not the only widow he screwed over, so...he can rot in hell.

I'm having trouble staying awake; I have to at least get enough energy to haul the trash bin to the curb.  Fortunately I scrubbed out the worst of the litter boxes last night, so I don't have to face that.  Time for a nap!

Hi to everyone - hope you all have a blessed evening.

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl, thanks for cluing me in on why the move. What a mess that was.
"To each their own, in all things".