Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday, August 16th

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Shopping Friends - I'm sitting here, having my first cup of coffee while watching cartoons (lol).  The channel that usually airs my Flying Nun and Gidget episodes pulled a fast one on me and is running a Partridge Family marathon.  Yea, I don't think so :-)

I wasn't able to get my hair cut yesterday because my stylist had the day off.  My second choice sylist came back from a week's vacation and was booked with appointments for things like color and that.

I'll get my grocery shopping done first, put everything away, then head back over to see my stylist some time today after noon.  The salon is less than 2 miles from my house so it's no biggie.

Right now the sun is shining and I think I hear a lawnmower going.  Personally I think it's a little early to be cutting grass but I would assume most folks are up by now.

I hope you all have a great day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday, August 16th

Good morning birdmama and to all who follow.

Thanks for starting us off today, glad you are relaxing this morning. Nice that you can get your hair cut on Sunday, my shop is closed on Sundays. Enjoy the cartoons, lol.

I don't have much planned for today, do have one more weeding project that needs done, shouldn't take more than an hour or so and I need to do it this morning before the sun get to that side. Other than that, nothing on my agenda. I did get my car windows washed and the inside vacuumed really good yesterday...my car is now the cleanest its been in a while, lol. That will only last till next time I have the dog in it, then dog hair everywhere again. Haha.

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday. Waving to all.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. The Partridge Family? I don't know but it might be better than the "Diagnose Me" and related programs I've been watching on Discovery Life. You are fortunate to be able to get your hair cut on Sunday. That definitely adds a day of flexibility in planning when there are conflicts.

Snicks--Now that you have your car nice and clean, you can come and do mine. The lawn guy was here yesterday and took care of the monster lawn, banks, and trimming.

It is a beautiful sunny day, so I am wrestling with the idea of making a run to the city. Do I want to spend 3 hours on the road? I certainly won't have this flexibility when Winter comes as I hate getting out on icy and snowy roads for an escape. Me thinks I can watch Discovery Life, Netflix, etc. in the Winter.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  That is great about getting your hair done on a Sunday.  I think the Super Cuts is open on Sunday, but most "regular" salons are closed.  The salon I visited for years in Maryland was closed both Sunday and Monday.   I'm not a cartoon watcher, but I guess that beats some other things.  I usually listen to the radio if there is nothing good on TV.   

Hi snicks -- good for you with cleaning out your car.  Mine is still very dirty since I did nothing at all with it  yesterday.  On top of the dirty windows, etc., my new cactus fell over, and there are still a lot of little pebbles on the floor in the backseat.  Good luck with your weeding project.  Are you feeling okay these days?

Decisions, decisions, Jean.  Hope you enjoy your day whether you go into the city or stay home.  Definitely a good idea to stay home when the weather is bad.  Glad your yard guy got things done yesterday.

Another hot day here, but hopefully our AC and fans will continue to make the heat tolerable.  It was pretty warm/hot again on our walk this morning, but okay.  We will be going to the gym after I get back from church.  I have a little ironing to do, but not much else to report.

I really hope things work out well with your DH's new job, Kathleen.  I thought maybe he had found a new job, but it still seems like a very rapid change in direction.  Good luck with the transition.  I'm guessing you haven't lived in the Houston area before?  I have a niece (actually, she is my ex's niece, but....) who has lived there for several years.   She seems to like it there.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Charlene, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Rosa, LindaR, Barbara (hope you are enjoying your time in Hawaii), pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

KK, if you do decide to go to the city, hope you enjoy your visit. Nice to have something to do on a nice day, better to stay home when the weather is nasty.

LL, you are so good about getting out early for your walks. Also the gym, I should be doing the same. Hope you enjoy church.

I did get my weeding done, it is already getting hot out, glad I started early on that project, also do some pool maintenance. My little dog was a bad girl and kept going across the street into the neighbors yard while I was weeding, I finally had to put her back in the house. The neighbors don't seem to care and like my dog, but she doesn't belong in their yard and I don't want to push my luck in making them not like her.

Don't know what I will do the rest of the day, maybe nothing, ha ha.

Enoy your day, everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hello friends. Linda I never liked Houston but I've always been a country girl. It's awfully big and dirty. lol that's my impression. MJ(a former poster) lives close so maybe I will get to spend some time with her. I am a little overwhelmed with all that must be done so I'm taking a break before i get started. Ha!
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....another beautiful ,hot day here.....I will never get tired of saying that!

Kathleen much luck on your new journey...how far is Houston from where you are now?  I am sure you will get a job quick.  Inhave to tell you when I saw your post on FB yesterday when you said you will be going on a "road trip" first thing I thought of was you will be going out to SD to be closer to your DD!  LOL.

Not much here,another Yankee game at one p,m,to watch....and another pool floating day....Ahhhh...my days of doing that are getting numbered though.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

BIRD MAMA, As long as your cartoons aren't on today, getting a haircut is a good 2nd choice. I am so happy with the haircut that I got last Friday. My stylist isn't open on Sun. or Monday as she is trying to ease into retirement, MARIJANE, I will send you all of our 90 days. Today is day 3 of 90 weather. They say 80's tomorrow & then some much wanted 70's again. We got some much needed rain yesterday afternoon. We need more & there is a chance each day this week. The pool would be my enjoyment as long as the weather cooperated. SNICKS, It is nice that you carr is clean for at least a little while. Good job on getting your weeks taken care of before the heat strikes again. JEAN, It is nice that you have a lawn care service to do the difficult lawn jobs for you. It is a good idea to do your traveling while the weather is nice. LL, too bad about the cactus mess in your car. Hopefully your A/C & fans keep chugging away in this heat. RC, I was thinking that you sold your RV when you moved back home. Apparently you still have it & it will be just going to a new home. Good luck with your latest adventure. We are soon heading to the 80th birthday party. The birthday gal is actually my dad's first cousin but I have known her my entire life. There will be a good turnout, so still hoping for an A/C building. It is being held at a rather new Rod & Gun Club so it should be cool.
Respected Contributor

Aloha from beautiful Maui. We made it safely after a very long day..I was up for 22 hours and pretty funny by the time we arrived. We have an ocean view, beach and 5 pools so sydnie is quite happy. I always find lots of peace in the islands.

big changes for Kathleen. Best of luck.

jean, if you go to the city enjoy.

bernie, I have gone natural with my hair..it is now silver and I get lots of compliments. Hope you get your haircut. Have things settled at work???

snicks...are you over your cough??!

i skimmed the thread. The past 2 dayside I know everyone is doing relatively ok.

i am on prednisone, so am functioning well

we are having a beach day today. Sydnie loves the ocean.

aloha((())hugs))) to all.

Trusted Contributor

Twinny have a nicetime at the party ,hope the place is a/c.  maybe if everyone sent me their 90's degree days hey don't want  and I can bank them to withdraw in Jan when  it goes to 10 below with a pile of snow...LOL.