Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday April 24th

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny and pretty warm here today.  They are predicting cooler and windy weather for tomorrow and the next day, and then warmer -- roller coaster weather they called it.  But, not nearly as dramatic as the weather changes in other parts of the country.  

DH did not sleep well at all last night, and I'm feeling a bit tired today.  I'm back from church and we will head for the gym soon (I'm assuming he will want to come with me.)  I found one more thing to donate this morning (pants), I am pretty determined to find many more to reduce my closet overcrowding.  I have the very bad habit of holding on to things "just in case".  It doesn't help that I have been the same size for many years so things still fit.  I know some would be thrilled to have that problem, but there are downsides to almost everything.

Sorry to hear you are having router problems, Jean.  Hope you are able to post again soon.  

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (how did the estate sale go?), Bernie, snicks, Esse, Marijane, Susan, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, Gayle, LindaR, Karen, Kelli, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice Sunday, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday April 24th

Hi girls - where is everyone today? 

It's another gorgeous day, so I'm trying to figure out where to go and what to do - it's too nice to stay indoors.  I finished my homework around 3 a.m. but need to re-read it before I submit it; I want to make sure it all makes sense and there are no grammatical errors. Apart from scrubbing litter boxes (Oh joy) and listening to my weekly prophecy updates (my favorite part of the week), nothing else is planned for today. It's supposed to be nice again tomorrow, so maybe I'll make cupcakes and take a drive out to my bank in Jasper. 

Sorry to hear you're tired, LindaL - take care of yourself. I'm trying to get rid of some of the excess as well; as I wear things that don't make me feel great, into the donation bag they go! The missionaries who are around my size are going to be the best dressed anywhere.  Cat Very Happy  I'm also guilty of holding onto things forever as most things I buy are pretty classic, but I have a bunch of tops that - I don't know what it's called - are folded when they're dyed or printed, so there's a design of solid colored sections; they're no longer being shown, so it's time to phase them out. The missionaries will appreciate them - they're like new and very pretty, and where they go staying abreast of current fashion hardly matters.

I'll check in later - have a blessed day, everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Thanks for getting us started today.  I've been preoccupied online watching past interviews with Prince.  I followed his career for a long time and despite one's initial impression of his outrageous costumes, lyrics and dance moves, he gave intelligent soft spoken interviews. 

I went grocery shopping and pretty much have putzed around the house today.  Not too motivated to do much today.

@FunkyHulaGirl

Hey Arlene

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, thanks @LindaLatte for the start. Hope you get some rest today, along with the other things you have going on. I too, have a lot more in my closet than I need, having trouble determining what to donate and what to keep at this point. I have donated a lot already and have nearly eliminated all new purchases, but need to do more.

@FunkyHulaGirl, enjoy your outing, whatever it turns out to be.

@Bird mama, it's nice to have a putz around the house day sometimes. Enjoy it.

I met my daughter (the one in from Ca. for the new baby's birth, which is still a no-go btw), for brunch this morning, stopped at a grocery for a short list of things I needed to make a couple new recipes I want to try (this particular store only had less than half of what I wanted, so still need to go to another store for the rest, ugh! Came home and worked for a little while out by the pool again, got another section cleaned up and some of my 'decor' items in place out there. It was hot and sunny in the area I was working in, so I stopped with the one section and have been just chilling out since, lol. We watched "The Revenant" last night, haven't really decided what I thought of the movie yet, haha. Not much else going on here, waves to everyone.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @LindaLatte, for the start, we also are having roller coaster weather, but today is wonderful, near 80, so it's been yard/deck time.  Hope you get a better sleep time tonite.

Lazy day here also, will mosey on down to the neighbor for some back yard talk & maybe a cocktail, still can't handle Sadie on leash, or I'd take her with me, she get's so excited & pulls like crazy, & I don't have the upper body strength to control her, don't think she plays well with others, dogs I mean, she's great with people/kids,  I don't know what her first 3 years of life were about, but I suspect not good ones, at first she didn't take to males, but my DS won her over now they're best friends. Sure wish I knew

Enjoy the day all here & those that pop in.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very late posting, but the sale went very good yesterday.   We were glad to sell the player piano & the tread mill.  DH & I went to mom's house after church to remove everything left over as the new flooring is being put in tomorrow.  Some things will go to St. Vincent's tomorrow & 1 thing to the salvage place.  I will run an ad in our local shopping news when we get back home to sell the corner cabinet, cedar chest & chest/ dresser.

I get my infusion tomorrow & have to do lots of errands early.  I will eat a good lunch at the hospital & then help pack for our vacation as we are leaving on Tuesday morning & will be gone for 2 weeks.

Right now we are both very tired so it will be good to restore our bodies & spirits. We are winging this trip which is how we like to travel.

I will have my tablet, so I will try to keep up with all of you.

Hugs to all of you.