Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: ODAT (Sunday, 3/21)

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are at the start of a beautiful week.  The temps are supposed to be in the low 60's, so I am enjoying it.  Not much on the schedule for today.  I have some things to do around the house so I am getting myself physed to do them.

I am getting the itch to plant flowers, I know that is months away.  I did receive Lowes pamphlet with their Proven Winner flowers and arrangements in it.  That always gets me the mood for planting.  Of course that mood fades i late August when I am watering them.  

Not much else right now, what is everyone doing today?  Have a good morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: ODAT (Sunday, 3/21)

Hi Everyone!

Our weather is to be in the low 60's with colder temps at night all week. It is nice to see the sun out instead of cloudsy. 

I put the new novelty solar lights (paw prints)  outside yesteday around the wishing well in the front yard and down the side hill by the family room. I just think they're cute and they make me smile. They were a gift. They seem to deter some of the critters from walking in those areas which is always a good thing around here. 

I'm taking it easy today. I may do a few miscellaneous chores but that's all. I did watch the Sunday show with Carolyn and Albeti. I always enjoy boeth of them. I decided not to buy the joggers from yesterday. I haven't  decluttered that section in the closet  so I thought I'd better wait. I keep missing the free shipping day with anything I need to order. I would rather have the free shipping than the easy pay.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad your weather is nice Susan and Fressa.  It was cloudy when I got up, but now is sunny, and they are predicting a high in the mid 70's.  I'm looking forward to my walk later.

I can certainly relate to being excited about planting flowers, Susan.  In most areas, it is way too early to do so, but not here.  Unfortunately, our soil is very, very hard.  So hard, I cannot even dig a hole to plant anything in most of the yard.  There is one little patch that I had a landscaper do in the front, and that is where I plant things.  Mostly cactus since it is so very hot and dry here.  I also have several planters.  My latest plant purchase is sort of a dish garden of succulents I got from the local nursery.  It is so cute!

Hi Fressa.  Probably wise not to buy more clothes before you determine what you have.  I checked my closet again yesterday, and I decided no more regular length pants.  However, I might want some capris or pedal pushers at some point.  Free S&H is much better than easy pay for me as well.

I heard from Jean yesterday evening, and she said she is much better, but still very tired.  And, she is back to eating more.

No exciting plans here.  I will be attending Zoom church soon, and plan to do an exercise DVD later.  Also plan to do some cooking (vegetarian chili this time), take a walk, and do a little ironing.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon! It is a beautiful sunny day with a current temp. of 67. I am feeling better and thank Linda for updating you. I am worn out from dealing with this whatever, not to mention the after effects of the meds. One of them has  caused a drop in blood pressure, so I am dizzy at times. Another leaves me very tired but have been told to keep taking them until the supply is gone. As a  result, I haven't done much until today when I decided to pay bills--a necessity.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, we had a very windy day on Tuesday, so we only went to the gym.  50+ winds are too much for me.  It's been a beautiful sunny week, so I have done my walk each day after Tuesday.  The gym still has a maximum of 7 people, but we have only had 6 people one day.  It's usually 4 of us.  I would love to buy a comfy dressy pair of sandals if we can safely shop again.  Do I need them?  NO, NO & NO.  

fressa, your lights sound lovely as does your yard.  My planting which starts in June, are 6 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅 by the driveway.  I can run out the front door and pick them.  I try to make lawn mowing easy for my DH, so we have white rocks on the East side & the cement driveway garage are on the N. side of the house.  I don't like easy pay, but I do like free shipping.  

Linda L, your succulents sound nice too.  We have shrubs and flowers on the South & West sides of the house that come up by themselves. My favorites are Tulips & Daylilies.  They are all starting to come up.  I might go to our local nursery to see what they have, but they aren't open yet.  

I did my walk this morning and then drove to the DQ for a drive thru lunch.  It's been a good week for the hot tub. We are still waiting to have the wine cooler that we forgot to have last Sunday which was our anniversary.  It's been a ritual for many years.

I just took down the few St Patrick's Day things that I had out and put out all of the Easter things.  I bought 3 glittery bunnies at Wal-Mart last week for $2.95 each & they are so darn cute.

We picked up our tax return on Friday and we get back about $130 after we paid our tax lady $90.  Best $90 we could spend as I don't want to do them myself.  

I am going to have a lazy day.  Starting tomorrow,  we are planning to start our total house spring cleaning job. We did it last year as soon as we went on Shutdown which we thought was going to be for two weeks.  It's one room  a day & we don't have to declutter.  I like to clean house, but I hate to cook.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's so nice to see you posting & I am glad that you are on the mend.  Hopefully you start to feel better each day. It's too bad about the side effects from your Meds.   I love 60's with a nice breeze.

Glenda

Trusted Contributor

Fressa - Your solar lights sound cute, I never thought about them keeping critters away, may have to try that.

Linda - Your plants sound nice, I keep thinking I want to try succulents that may be a project later.  I am trying to grow sunflowers from seed.  I have 6 plants starting so I to come up in the flower pot.  I will have to thin out the pots sooner that I thought.  I tried to grow them from seed a couple years ago and all I did was feed a chipmunk.  Wish me luck.  Hope your church went well.

Jean - Glad to "hear" from you, hope you feel better quickly.  

Twinny - Glad you are enjoying the gym, hope you enjoyed your walk.  DQ sounds good, I saw a commercial and two guys were eating an ice cream cone, and I told DH we need to go to DQ this week.  Like you paying to have our taxes done is the best money we spend all year.

Well off to watch some TV, hope everyone has a great evening.

Frequent Contributor

Greetings!

It's Stephanie, it's been a few years since I posted, so I stopped by to say hello to everyone!

So here is an update:

1.  My oldest son got married in January of 2019.

2.  My daughter got married on September 1, 2019.

3.  Became a 1st time "NaNa" on April 7, 2020 during a pandemic; son, wife and new baby girl did extremely well during that time.

4.  We unfortunately lost our dog Hart the day after my piano recital in December 2019.  He was 16 years old.

So that's about it.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I will stop by periodically to send greetings!

Have a wonderful day!

SteffieG