Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT (Saturday, July 16th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are having a beautiful, day here today, so Christmas in July is just not appealing.  Not much going on here today.  My furbaby is not feeling well and I have to decide if I call the vet or try just giving here the anti diarrhea meds he gave us for when she get then diarrhea.  Sorry if you eating breakfast right now.

Linda -  Sorry you are having such a rough time with DH, I hope last night was better for both of you.

Jean -  Glad you had a good time in the city the other day.

Bernie -  How is your sister doing?

Marijane  - I had the zucchini the other day, the dip for it had:  mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in it.  It was very good, I will make it again.  My Dh liked it, and he doesn't like zucchini.  I am trying to eat things I don't think we like.  Some of these foods are very healthy and need to be tried..  I'll let you know how that goes.

Well, I need to do something constructive here and be able to keep an eye on the dog.  Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT (Saturday, July 16th)

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. No Christmas in July here either. I do hope furbaby feels better.

I just loaded the car with stuff for donation, but don't know if I will make the run to the city today. I am feeling a little lazy plus the skies are overcast. If I did just a straight trip and return immediately, it would eat up 3 hours of the day. I miss the good old days when there was a donation place just a block from me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Morning All, Thanx @PAlady for the start, hope your furbaby's issues settle down, Ive been there, not an easy thing to deal with.

@KonaKat, oh boy that's a long drive to drop of donations, maybe wait till you have other things to accomplish along the way

Today is going to be very good weather wise, then storms tomorrow nite & back to hot/humid.  Have some pork chops in the fridge that need to be "dealth" with, thinking of breading/frying.  Still working on the "stuff" for the Friends of the Park, garage sale in Sept, getting them bagged up & stored will be a big project out of the way.  Doing a  laundry load of unmentionables (love that word) will hang out on the deck, don't know why I just don't want them on public view, like anyone cares  lol

Think I'll take my kindle & Sadie out on the deck this afternoon & just vegetate

Hope all have a good day

Essie

Honored Contributor

To all,

Esteemed Contributor

Essie--I kind of agree with you on the travel time, but we all get used to doing this. I'm back to the city on Wednesday but hoped to take more items then. I'm into major decluttering. Good job on getting ready for the September sale.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Again, thank you for the lovely flowers for the daily greeting.

I just checked my order status and see that the strength training fitness chair is still in process. I'm getting weaker by the day but if it doesn't ship by Monday, I may find the strength to cancel.

Right now, I don't feel the best so it will be Kindle time with Midnight instead of going to the city. I feel like a cold or allergy or something is about to set in,

Super Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

To all,

Do you only just post graphics? Nothing to say????

Trusted Contributor

Good morning gals - we had a beautiful day yesterday, until the weather came in.  Some places had 22 inches of HAIL.  It rained like mad.  Scary stuff.  We're in for severe weather later today again.  Just so the size stays small and not so fast, we'll be ok.

I sent pictures to our children, told them we had snow.  Punked them, they said - LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day!!  Things are not always what they seem, my DH says.  We'll all get through it, positive thoughts help.

Enjoy!!

Trusted Contributor

And no shopping for this shopaholi, either!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all, and thanks @PAlady for the start. So sorry your fur baby is not feeling well. Hope she feels better soon.

@KonaKat, you do such a good job with donations. I agree that a 3 hour trip just for the donations is a long way, unless you have other things to do or just want to take a drive. Sorry you are not feeling so well either.

@spix, pork chops sounds good, I think I am having brats for dinner. Don't know what else to go along with that. You also do well with donating things. Relaxing on the deck sounds like a great way to spend your afternoon.

@meallen616, thanks for the lovely graphic. And I hope you enjoy your Saturday.

@1jenniferjuniper, I'm sure @meallen616 will post when she wants to. Smiley LOL

@3suwm5, sorry you had storms, that is a lot of hail, funny about punking your children though. Hope your weather is not so severe today.

I have been out this morning finishing up some work while it is not yet hot, although it felt pretty hot to me, lol. I am about to jump in the shower and head to the store for a few things I find I am needing, yuck. No CIJ for me today. Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".