Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT Saturday, February 27

Good Morning!  It is another warm, sunny day here, and I'm loving our weather.

DH slept pretty well, thank goodness (got up around 5:00 to go to the bathroom, which is not bad at all).  I got up to help him, but he was fine.  I did get up a bit early (6:15 or so rather than 6:30) -- I don't know why I could not get back to sleep.  Of course, that was his signal to get up as well, so no reading for me.

Saturday mornings are probably the most relaxed of the week for us.  No church, "club", classes, etc.  My only real plan is to do laundry (already started), my weekly financial review, a brief grocery shopping visit, and take a walk.   

I'm not tempted by the TSV, and I don't need anything in terms of clothes, shoes, etc.  But, that doesn't mean that I won't be looking on-line.  Don't know if I mentioned it, but I wore the top Charlene has (Susan Graver, but from eBay) this week, and I really like it.  Not necessarily my normal style, but cute.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Susan, Marijane, Rosa, snicks, spix, LindaR, Charlene, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT Saturday, February 27

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today. Glad you are having a good day weather wise. we are supposed to get some sunshine today and our temps are supposed to hit the 50's, so I am excited.

Glad DH did well last night, glad you got a good nights sleep.

Did some decluttering in the basement today, 3 bags went in the recycle bin, 1 in the garbage and have 6 items for family to claim if they want it.

Not much going on here today, will try to continue the decluttering, and do have to sweep floors (man, I am so exciting).  Well off to do something else exciting. 

Have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

LINDA L, I am glad that your DH slept better last night.  Saturday is a do like you please around here.  I did some dusting while my DH did his usual vacuuming & bathrooms.

Susan, I can't wait to do some decluttering with my spring/ summer clothes & do a little shopping damage.  The sun is shining & it will be in the 50's today.

I slept poorly last night.  Probably because I had a 2 hour nap.

Mom had a rough day yesterday with hallucinations.  We did take her to Pizza Hut for lunch & then 2 friends came by for a visit.

I was busy getting some of her financial things done so we can take her to the tax lady next week when we go.  Now DH & I need to get out stuff together.

We are soon heading downtown for my walk & then to check out a couple of new stores.

A quick lunch & then into the hot tub before seeing how mom is doing.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi LindaL - thanks for getting us started.  I didn't know that you also own one of those Susan Graver tops.  I find them comfy and convenient to wear almost anywhere.  Glad you like it.  Twinny - sorry that your mother isn't doing well, it's sad.  Susan - good for you on making progress cleaning, sorting, and donating!

I feel pretty good now from having gotten over the cold, except that I'm not up to full speed on energy levels.  My DH is already down the hill cleaning out goat pens, and I'm procrastinating.  I'll join him in a little bit, after I finish drinking my morning tea.

Last night our 6 month old dog Harper came inside and when I petted her I noticed something odd about her face.  We're pretty sure she got stung by a bee, and one side of her muzzle/lip area was swollen and hard.  I Skyped with my DD so she could see the dog and she said to give Harper the allergy/antihistimine medication diphenhydramine, 1 mg per pound of dog weight.  Thankfully we had some on hand, and about an hour later Harper looked pretty good.  Let's hope the dog learned her lesson and doesn't do that again.

Later, I might run errands with my DH, but I'm hoping for a more quiet day at home.  I hope you all have a good weekend!   ~   Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hello to all, we are having beautiful weather today, it is 61 and sunny at noon, so that is great in Feb.

Thanks @LindaLatte, for starting us this morning. Glad your DH slept well, and you are both enjoying a relaxing day.

@PAlady, good for you on the decluttering, you are way ahead of me, although I did pull about a dozen or so items from my closet for donations.

@twinny70, good luck on both fronts with the taxes. We still have to get that project underway, I think we have everything we need so don't know why it isn't already done, lol. So sorry your mom had a rough day yesterday, hope today is better.

@cerb, so sorry about Harper, hope its all better now. Glad your cold is so much better. It does take time to fully recuperate though.

I have laundry ready to go into the dryer, and I have the ribbon for the baby shower gifts so I can get those ready, after I clean up the kitchen from the very late breakfast we just had. But I really want to get outside and enjoy this weather, so I think the gifts will have to wait till another time, lol. I still have all week to get them ready. Not much going on here, I lead a boring life I suppose, lol. Waves to all...

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

cerb,  I am glad that you are feeling somewhat better.  Too bad about Harper & the bee sting.  It is good that you could get some quick medical advice.

SNICK'S, our weather is beautiful today too.  I don't think that you lead a dull life, as you are still pretty active especially with outdoor things.  Have fun at your parties.

We went to see mom this afternoon, but she was sleeping so soundly that we left without getting any of her tax stuff done.

BIRD MAMA, I hope that the birthday party was fun.  

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, today was my eldest sister's surprise 60th birthday party.  It ran from noon until 5 pm.  My eldest niece said that she was being given an award by her company at a dinner which was the guise for getting my sister there.  It was held at a banquet place and there was a tv screen above each banquet room set of doors announcing who was inside and it originally said it was for the county mental health organization.  My sister never saw it coming and most of the people arrive at least 20 minutes before my sister arrived.  Once my sister arrived, the screen changed to my sisters name and 60th birthday party, lol.

I spent most of the time with my youngest great niece Fiona.  My mom's 92 year old sister was there (the only aunt or uncle in attendance) and I was struck how much my aunt and my Ma favored each other.  It was nice and not sad to see someone who favored Ma.

My arms are kind of tired because I am not used to carrying 20 pounds around for hours but it's okay.It's good to be home, make up off with comfy clothes back on.

I didn't resist the sales at JCP today and ordered the following things at what I felt were a pretty good discount (excuses, excuses, lol).

Worthington® Peplum Jacket - Tall $38, compared to $100 (like anyone would pay $100)

Made For Life™ Sweater Knit Hoodie - Tall $13, would have been a crime to leave it

Arizona 3/4-Sleeve Lace Shoulder Tunic   $13.50 - this one could be iffy

Liz Claiborne® Essential Pencil Skirt - Tallpencil skirt in navy and charcoal - $14.99 each

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's a beautiful day out today; I was up early (for me, anyway) to take Whisper to the vet.  She gave him a new antibiolic injection for his URI that lasts for two weeks, so I won't have to wrestle with him to give him drops as I usually do.  $128...but, he's my little sweetheart.  She's in love with him too, with his crossed eyes, freckled nose, and sweet personality.

Nothing special going on; yesterday evening I did end up going for a drive with the dogs, and went to Hobby Lobby just to look at the coloring supplies. They didn't have much of a selection, and their prices were outta sight! Cat Surprised  For example, colored Sharpie markers were 4X as much as they are on Amazon.  I did see a coloring book I liked; it was $9.99...and $1.89 on Amazon.  I don't know why they charge so much for crafts supplies of every kind, but they do.

I did get my Chinese food for dinner - I ended up with mee fun again - and just finished the leftovers.   There's still most of a container of egg drop soup - that will be dinner.

The homework discussions were fun to write, but good grief, these kids (I assume most of the people in the class are in their 20s) are clueless about the real world of business - they're in for a rude awakening.  Tonight I'll get the quiz out of the way.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Charlene, although hopefully poor Harper learned his lesson; he probably has. My Autumn won't even let me touch her paws so I can't cut her nails; I suspect that at one time someone must have cut too close and hurt her - she goes nuts if I even take hold of a paw.  I wonder what's worse - cleaning goat pens, or nasty litter boxes? Cat Frustrated

Twinny and LindaL - you two sure have your hands full; I often pray for you both.  Where's Pinky? Haven't seen her in a while.

Susan, I've started decluttering too - I do a bit here, a bit there...  I have a lot of winter clothes I'm going to take to the missions closet, and have a box started for the thrift shop of odds & ends.

Nothing else going on - my life is probably as excitingn as Snicks' - but sometimes, that's a good thing.

Have a blessed evening, everyone!