Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Saturday April 23rd

Hello everyone and Happy Weekend!

The sun is shining here and the temp is on the cool side.  I've updated my annual KonMari spreadsheet to keep track of what I'm donating and discarding.  I think I'm going to keep the bag of donations one more week in case I get moved to donate something else.

I partially listed to AM Style this morning.  I've no interest in the TSV.

I think I will get the 3 weeks of recyclables together and make a trip to the recycling center.  We have lots of construction in my immediate area so traffic will be a PITA. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Saturday April 23rd

Good almost afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

I love a good Dooney, but, today's TSv is not for me, I like a purse that zips shut. 

Bernie -  Thank you for starting us today, good job on the donating.   I have a bag here to go to the youth home, I have been too lazy to take it.  It will be my mission next week to take it.  There, I said it now I have to do it.

We have my Sister in laws's suprise birthday party today, so that is my thing for today. 

Not much else to say, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, and thanks @Bird mama for starting us today. Hope your construction traffic wasn't too bad on your way to re-cycling. I do some re-cycling, but I could do better. I am going to work on that.

@PAlady, I like a bag to zip also, so no interest in the TSV. Have fun at the surprise birthday party today.

Not feeling the best today, was out doing more weeding and started feeling odd/shaky, so I finished up the section I was working on and came in for a while, hope to get back out there a bit later today, still much to do, and it's a beautiful day, hate to waste in by not feeling well. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Girl,  sit yer butt down.  This is your body telling you to unwind. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, sunny & cool here, tomorrow in the 80's, go figure

@Bird mama Thanx for the start, hope your recycling trip worked out without too much traffic & for the reminder to get my donate bag over to Salvation Army

@Snicks1, well all I'm going to say is listen to Bernie

@PAlady, hope you have fun at the B-Day party, enjoy

Have a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove in prep for the lasagna I plan on making sometime next week to store in freezer for a dinner party yet to be announced  lol  I know sounds weird but all the ingredients were super duper prices so I know it'll get attention soon, & what could be easier, freezer to oven, done.  

Will use some tonite for supper.

Sadie out in her yard enjoying the sun, no squirrels, don't know where they're hiding.

Hope all have a good evening, see ya soon

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started Bernie.  Hope you didn't have too much trouble getting to the recycling center.  Good for you with the spreadsheet.  I really need to go through my closet again.  I have been pretty good about donating things when I get new things in, but the closet is still too full.  

Hi Susan -- hope the surprise party is fun.  I have no interest in the TSV either -- thank goodness for that.  I don't need to spend money on "wants", but it is always better if I don't really want something.

Take care of yourself, snicks.  As Bernie said, your body is trying to tell you something.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Esse, Charlene, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Barbara, Gayle, pinky ann, Karen, Kelli, and all of our posters and readers.

I took the car in for the third time this week -- the guy assured me that it should be okay for a while -- yikes.  DH slept pretty well, and we went for a walk before going to the garage.  I also took a walk on my own.  Time to get busy with laundry and my weekly financial review.

It is warm/hot and windy here today.  I think we are expecting cooler weather starting tomorrow, but still should reach the 80's.  

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's an absolutely beautiful day out; I don't "have" to go anywhere, but it's too pretty to not do so - maybe I'll just take the dogs for a drive and get them some ice cream. 

My "me day" was great.  "God's Not Dead 2" was excellent; usually Christian movies are poorly done with third-rate acting, but I liked everything about this one from the story line to the acting; I'll probably watch it again at some point on Amazon or Netflix. I was also happy to learn that the theater has "super bargain" hours - $5.75 between 4 and 6:30, which isn't bad - I have to really, really, REALLY want to see something to pay almost $10 for a ticket. 

Afterwards I went to Sam's as I needed confectioner's sugar; I did get a couple of cute T-shirts, which are something I know I'll use and I already have another bag started for the missions closet.  They had a large selection of coloring books, which are always a temptation, but I don't like the ones that have designs that go right to the edge or the page or have pictures on both sides of the page (markers and some gel pens bleed through), so that eliminated virtually all of them, and others just didn't appeal to me. My membership expires in June, and I don't know if I'm going to renew or not - the only thing they carry that I really care about is cute clothing at a great price, but...I don't need any. I got a deal on my current membership (almost free on Groupon) and it's $100 to renew at this level; if I do renew, it'll be at the cheapest level.  I did get a nice surprise - a pop-up on the self-checkout said I had a $30 credit (on the level this membership is at you get cash back), so basically I got the T-shirts for free.  Cat LOL

From there I went to my favorite Italian restaurant for a Fat Daddy sub - chicken, beef, and shrimp.  Not as good as it's been in the past; hopefully the cook was just having an off day, and their quality hasn't gone down as so often happens with restaurants. I had planned on going to the car wash since the inside of my car is covered in fur, but they were closed - I thought they were open until 9, but turns out it's 8.  I have to get that car vacuumed out soon; guess I'll have to do another sneaking out early next week, since I obviously can't vacuum with the dogs in there.  I love my girls, but it was so nice to have a day all to myself, be able to take my time, browse around...

Today the mailman earned his pay - my Amazon delivery of canned cat and dog food for the month arrived, as did the replacement screening for the back porch. There was a pile of packages outside my door!

Glad to hear the weather in Michigan is good, Bird. One of my cousins died at 38, and his sister (their mom was my favorite aunt who died young - I still miss her every day) is one of the few cousins I'm in contact with.  Anyway, I found out his son is getting married today - it's good that they have sunshine.

Snicks, by all means, do NOT waste this beautiful day - get yourself a lounge chair, a good book, a cold drink, and enjoy the sunshine in the yard! Cat Happy

Essie, I make a killer lasagna, but haven't done so in ages. Maybe one of these days I'll make a small one, and freeze it in individual portions. I did get ground beef in Publix the other day and a cabbage in Aldi, as the stuffed cabbage was so good last time; maybe I'll make that tomorrow.

LindaL, sorry to her about all the problems with the car.  That's another reason I'm so hesitant to replace mine - it's never had any major problems with it. I figured that I spend maybe 5 hours a week in the car, so it's not like I drive a lot...

Hope Jean gets her router fixed soon - I miss seeing her.

Guess I'd better get dressed and get moving.  Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!