Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics -ODAT (Saturday, 3/27)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I slept in this morning until 7:00, feels good.  It is a lot cooler out then yesterday morning.  I am not going to complain it is not supposed to rain until tomorrow.

Bernie - I am so sorry about your cousin, my condolences to you and his family.

I have great plans for today, if they get done will be another thing, we will see.

I hope everyone had a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics -ODAT (Saturday, 3/27)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and is foecasted to be in the 70's. We have the cover off the A/C abd the vents are next to be opened. We're at that season where it's warm during the day and early evening and then the temp drops. Drives me crazy. 

Today is fix-it day. The hubby is repairing the lawn mower and other equipment. I'm still decluttering the storage room. I jast want to finish the one side wall area and then take a break from it. 

The wildlife have eaten the crocus for dinner or a night time snack. It looks like the deer tried to tear thur the vinyl cloth fencing around the hosta. That's on the repair list.  

Bernie---Condolences to you and your family.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and is foecasted to be in the 70's. We have the cover off the A/C abd the vents are next to be opened. We're at that season where it's warm during the day and early evening and then the temp drops. Drives me crazy. 

Today is fix-it day. The hubby is repairing the lawn mower and other equipment. I'm still decluttering the storage room. I jast want to finish the one side wall area and then take a break from it. 

The wildlife have eaten the crocus for dinner or a night time snack. It looks like the deer tried to tear thur the vinyl cloth fencing around the hosta. That's on the repair list.  

Bernie---Condolences to you and your family.

Have a good after

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for the double post.  There seems to be a problem with posting replies. UGH!!

Honored Contributor

Oh yea @Fressa   the Q community site was giving me fits this morning.  I think it might be calming down now, lol.  Who knows?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I am glad that it's been a rainy week.  We started to do our whole house spring cleaning on Tuesday.  I got the entrance way done first.  Then it was a day in the living room.  Then a rest up day.  Then we finished the living room.  It was a job as I have a love seat with two power recliners that had to be pulled away from the wall.  My DH has a sofa with two power recliners, but there's no wall behind it.  He mostly just had to do the ceiling fan/light & the upper part of the walls and I did the lower part.  It's great that he is tall and I am short. Yesterday, I polished the dining room table and chairs.  They look so nice.  I need to continue as I am in the mood to clean.  

Fressa, I am sorry that your wildlife are having a feast.  I found two things to donate from the kitchen cupboards this morning when I was cleaning things. I

Bird Mama, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin.  It's a shame that he wasn't able to get his vaccination.  The suffering part is so sad.

Lunch is brats & potato salad from the grocery store deli.  Supper is steak and a baked potato.

I slept in this morning, but got a lot accomplished.

I am looking forward to a couple of lunch  dates next week with friends.  One will be a safe distancing lunch outside at Culver's & one will be with a couple of friends in our house that have also been fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  It should be warmer here today with a high of 70 degrees predicted.  That's more like it for this area.  Hope you are able to accomplish your plans.

So very sorry to learn of your cousin's death from COVID, Bernie.  Very long story, but my friend Bev's son and DIL didn't plan to get the vaccine until her brother's wife died of COVID -- only in her 40's.  Thank goodness they got their first doses right away.  I am glad you have an appointment to get yours.

Unfortunately, Bev and her friend had some adverse reactions to the second shot -- fever, aches, lack of appetite, tiredness, etc.  A while ago, it seemed like half of my friends had very little if any problem with the second dose, and the other half did.  Now, things have tipped to the having reactions group.  Nevertheless, I am looking forward to getting my second dose on the 6th.

Sorry your crocus were eaten and the deer are hot on the tracks of your hosta, Fressa.  Hope you and your husband are able to complete the chores you have planned.

Good for you with the spring cleaning, Glenda.  Your lunch plans sound great.  I'm so looking forward to getting back to socializing after the second vaccine plus two weeks.

Jean may post later, but just in case she does not, I am happy to report that she did much better yesterday.  Not taking those medications really helped.  She also posted that she is loving her new, expensive mattress.  It is helping her get better sleep which is great.

Nothing exciting going on here.  Laundry is startied, and I'll be doing my weekly financial review later today.  The weather was not nice yesterday -- cool and windy, but today I plan to take an outdoor walk for sure.  I have been doing some cooking, which is my happy place.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda