Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics : ODAT ( Saturday 1/14/2017)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Not much going on today, the temps are getting back to normal. We were up to 65 the other day.  I really enjoyed those temps.

I may try to do some cleaning today after we go out to lunch, I know my life is so exciting.

Off to do something short but, constructive. ,Have a good morning everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics : ODAT ( Saturday 1/14/2017)

NorCal is back to getting some sun after a lot of days of rain.  I am going for a nice 5 mile run and getting my must do stuff done so I can enjoy the rest of my 3 day weekend.  Have a great day ladies.

Deb

Honored Contributor

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/shopping-quotes/

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Unfortunately, our temps are also returning back to normal. Your life may not be excting but at least you have lunch options without driviing an hour one way.

Deb--Good job on the 5 mile run. Enjoy your 3 day weekend free of guilt because you tackled the "must do" list.

meallen--Cute graphic, but if one hadn't bought the item at all, one would have made more money. A sale benefts us when it an item we purchase was one we had considered buying before a sale and not just because of a sale.

We have icy roads from the freezing rain so I  opted not to go to the city as I have to travel some challening roads in the best of weather. I just rescheduled my hair appointment to the 25th.

I'm watching the TSV presentation right now. I think I will pass. I did like the Nick Chavez presentaton on the body butter which has great reviews. I'll debate it. I just did my facial and also used at Peter Thomas Roth mask. Days like this call for those types of activities.

Off to find a trash bag and see what can be disposed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

It is time for me to head to bed to read with my beautiful black cat keeping me warm. No beauty product offered by the Q is going to help that much at my age.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I have zero interest in beauty day at the Q.  I've had retro TV in the background all day.  Been cleaning, puttering, running an errand or two.  

I did place an order with HSN for a new bottle of Lessman eye vitamins.  I take one every other day so a bottle of 180 lasts me.  I had 5 left in my bottle.  The price was reduced already, free shipping and handling.  I used a $10 off coupon from HSN and the spendable ka$h of over $20 that I scored when I noticed the Camuto boots dropped in price since I ordered them on 12-21.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope you enjoyed your lunch.  We are having cooler temperatures here and off and on showers.  Still much better than most areas, particularly those with ice.  

Good for you with the running Deb.  I don't think I have ever run or even jogged five miles, but I do a lot of walking and five miles is my daily "goal" which I usually exceed (at least the last several months).  I know your area probably needed the rain, but some areas had quite a bit of flooding which is not good.  Glad the rain has stopped for now.

I know lots of retailers would like us to believe that meallen, but as Jean said -- just not so unless you need the item and/or would have purchased it anyway.  

Sorry about your weather and roads, Jean.  Hope the weather is better when your hair appointment is scheduled.  I feel the same way about the "beauty" products.  Surgery would probably work, but not a cream or something similar.

Sounds like you scored on those eye vitamins, Bernie.  I used to buy some of his products when he was at the Q, but not at HSN so far.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

As some of you know from FB, I had my hairdresser put purple highlights in my hair this morning.  I had been thinking about getting some colorful highlights ever since one of our former posters (Libby) did so a few years ago.  Pretty wild for me, but I like them, and DH said he did as well.  A couple of checkers at the grocery complimented me as did one of the caregivers at DH's facility, DD, and others.  Guess I should be more adventurous in the future.

Other than that fun, I have been doing my regular laundry and will do my weekly financial review later.  DH was doing pretty well when I visited him at lunchtime, but I think he is a bit sleepy.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I loved your hair as I indicated when I saw your FB pic. You look great!

My big purchase of the day has been the downloading of two books on the Kindle Unlimited program. I read a lot so I make good use of my $9 monthly fee for that program. Each of these books cost $4.99 if purchased so just today's books are worth the investment even if I have to return them.

I looked to see how many orders I had placed with Amazon last year. Would you believe 108, as I hate spending time in stores hunting for an item if Amazon has it for an equivalent or better price. This is especially true if you have to drive over a 100 miles round triip to shop.  I'll try to decrease that number this year.

Bernie--Did you get another pair of boots when you saw that HSN had dropped the price? Temptation!!

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Jean you would have been proud.  I own 3 of the 4 colors in that boot and chose to claim the spendable kash when the price dropped.  Didn'r order the 4th color.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise