Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - New Year's Eve - Tues. December 31st

Bernie--You got me in the mood for pizza but this is the second day in a a row of behaving myself when it comes to food. I'm about to have a Lean Cuisine dinner with steamed veggies. An episode of House and cycling while I watch it is on the agenda. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Happy that you and your sister enjoyed the pizza and movie. 

I had my celebration at noon today.  The senior lunch program had a special celebratory lunch complete with karaoke, countdown, toast with sparkling grape juice, and turkey lunch/dinner.  Very nice.  I sat with a couple who had given line dancing lessons, and they are good people.  Real music lovers who go to many "open mics", etc.  They also do a lot of dancing.

Before I went to the lunch, I had my second TB test read.  I'm all clear.  There are two more hospice volunteers going through the clearance process, and when they are finished the three of us will have CPR training and then hospice training.  

My tire pressure light was on, and I took my car to the place that sold me the tires.  They offer free air pressure checks and fill-ups, if needed.  The 99 cent store was nearby, so I did a little shopping -- mostly produce.  Also stopped by the library to return a DVD I had borrowed -- it was called something like "Three Identical Strangers".  Very interesting, if somewhat upsetting.

Hi Jean, now that my celebration is over, I am back to doing things around the house.  Mostly taking down and packing up my Christmas decorations so far.  I usually don't bother to stay up late, but sometimes go to bed and wake up after midnight.  Not exactly the same as a party, but.....  I just don't enjoy the TV programs on New Year's Eve except for when the ball drops in Times Square.  I can't imagine going there in person, Marijane.  I would get claustrophobic for sure.  One year my ex and I were in New York for New Year's Eve, but we attended a party instead.

Sorry the weather is changing your plans, twinny.  Hope you have a very nice time with your DH and enjoy that hot tub.

Cute graphic, meallen.  

My youngest DGS got his drivers license today, and he and DD are happy campers.  She already has him lined up to do some driving on Wednesday.  Also, oldest DGS accepted a new job.  He works for Macy's in DC, which is a long and expensive commute.  Also, he needs to pay DC taxes in addition to Maryland taxes.  He will be getting a promotion and a job much closer to home in the middle of January.  They wanted him sooner, but he needs to give two weeks notice.  He will be working at a new store in their area -- Sierra Trading Post.

Our weather isn't nice at all -- very cloudy, windy, and chilly.  I think we may have some rain.  Good evening to stay inside.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Your plans for being a hospice volunteer will soon be realized. You will make a significant contribution. I know that yoiu are very proud of both DGS and family. It looks as if 2019 promises to be a good one for you and for them.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.