Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - New Year's Eve - Tues. December 31st

[ Edited ]

Good Morning,

It's quite mild outside for this time of year.  I think my area of Michigan is expecting widespread heavy rain today.  Compared to other parts of the country, I have nothing to complain about. 

To the posters in the path of more severe weather like snow or ice storms, please be careful.  I hope the storms get in and out without causing damage.

I'm nursing a sore throat for the third day and for the life of me I don't know how I got it.  I haven't been anywhere Woman Frustrated

I'm keeping the day very low key.  My sister and I thought about going to the movies and then grabbing a salad and pizza from her favorite pizza place (carry out).  That was until I looked at what's playing at the show.  If it isn't gory, it's about a superhero, lol.

I always wanted to see the movie The Equalizer with Denzel Washington and never caught it at the show.  My sister rented the movie from Family Video and we'll watch that while we nibble.  It may be an older movie but at least it sounds interesting.

What are you up to today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - New Year's Eve - Tues. December 31st

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. There wasn't a thread started when I checked so I began one but double checked again before hitting the submit button. I think the Denzel Washington movie at  home is a great option. I echo your wishes to those caught in our odd weather patterns.

This is what I had written:

Good morning, shopping friends. 2018 is about to give way to 2019 with our friends across the International Date Line alreadfy celebrating the arrival of 2019. It just seems like yesterday that we welcomed in the new century with broadcasts of celebrations around the world. I still have a bracelet that has the 2001 design in it.

I've been doing odds and ends around the house. These are things that need to be done but it doesn't represent a focused attempt. Basically, as I spot something, I decide then what needs to be done with it.

I have had the Q on as background entertainment but haven't indulged in any buying today. I am going to indulge in an episode of House after lunch, while I cycle away with House to entertain me.

I have no plans for welcoming in the New Year. I quit watching the new year in a long time ago.

Have a great day and a final salute to 2018 as you welcome in 2019, a year that many of us hope will be better. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  Since I retired my schedule mimics the schedule that my birds follow.  I am lucky if I can keep my eyes open by 10:30 because I'm up around 6 am daily.  

I'm placing the pizza/salad order at 12:30 (the time my sister will be leaving her house).  She offered to pick it up on the way over here and I told her I'll pay her when she gets here because it's supposed to be my treat Woman Happy

I'm kind of glad we are doing this mid-day. 

On Christmas Eve after we got back to my house (from the niece in the woods), my sister saw lots of accidents on the way home from my house to her house.  That was on dry pavement.

If we are going to be getting serious rain, I'd rather her head home while there is still light of day available on a night when folks are drinking.

I make her text me or call me when she gets home.  I'm worse than my mother, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we had hopes of going out of town 20 miles away) this evening for dinner and card's with some good friends, but it is drizzling and might get slippery.  If we are lucky, we might get up to 2" of  ❄❄❄.  Hopefully we will just get rain and then some snow.  I am sorry that you have a sore throat.  Having pizza and seeing a movie at home sounds like a good idea too.

Jean, I am looking forward to 2019 & a Happy Healthy New Year for everybody.  Keeping myself active is a goal of mine without over doing it.

It is a dull dreary day.  I am looking forward to some sunshine by Wednesday.  I started to take down a few of the Christmas decorations this morning, but my snowmen stay up for a few more months.  Maybe they will give Mother Nature a hint to give us some ❄❄❄ outside.

We will be bringing in the New Year one way or another.  If we don't go out of town, there is a nice family restaurant less than a mile away.  Then we will toast the New Year with a 🍷cooler in the hot tub.

I think a nap after lunch is a good idea.

Hugs to all of you

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I know you will bring in the New Year in the safest way possible. I know you like snow but it can create travel problems. The Christmas decorations can wait until this weekend. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

https://i.pinimg.com/600x315/19/35/c6/1935c6e6a6c95750c78960407a92a246.jpg

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, Happy New Year..stay safe if anyone is traveling today/ tonight.  it has started to rain here and tonight there will be heavy rain.  I was watching my earth can app on my iPad and they have about 4 different cam views of Times Square...it is already filling up..one you get in a area,you are placed like cattle, you can't get out and if you do can't get back in...my thought is what do you do if you have to go to the bathroom...you are outta luck.  I'm my " younger" days I always wanted to go,just once,since I am a native....but my boyfriend at the time... DH now, said no way.

I have seen people being scaned by wands by Police and turned away for bringing backpacks,umbrellas etc.

Your pizza and movie sound great Bernie,hope you get to go  out with friends Twinny.  my DH is making chicken Marsala tonight...he makes it every so often...

I received my sketchers S/ v boots on Saturday...they are really comfortable  glad I ordered them.That's about it....Happy Year Ladies.....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I agree that it is better for your sister and you to enjoy your time together during the day than to risk rainy, wet roads at night. I don't have birds to get me up but Midnight does well at getting me up early.

Meallen--Love the graphic. Happy New Year!

Marijane--I would much rather watch the Times Square events on TV than be part of that crowd. Hopefully it will be dry for them as it is raining here again., Enjoy your TSV boots!

I went to bed to read for an hour and got hooked on the book plus a warm cat curled up by me. I guess I am a morning person when it comes to getting things accomplished.

Honored Contributor

The movie was great, the food was delicious and I feel like I celebrated the day. Woman Very Happy