Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday

I had my appt. at the "big" clinic early this morning. I am doing very well right now so my infusion plan will still be every 6-8 weeks. That makes me very happy as we have some lee way for traveling. That hardest part is when we take a 3 week trip or longer to get them scheduled appropriately.

DH has a cold, runny eyes & cough yet. We did manage to get a new microwave at the place where we got our new fridge & oven 2 1/2 years ago. It is exactly what I wanted. We also bought a 5 yr. warranty plan as that was not very expensive & they said if we don't use the maintenance plan after 5 years we get 1/2 the money back. It is too bad that appliances aren't built to last like they used to be. I am so happy with my new supplemental insurance plan & my new drug plan. What I would have paid for my last infusion & my one expensive drug paid for the new microwave plus a little left over. I always feel like treating myself after my neurological checkup. DH did buy a new pair of swim trunks at JCP. They were on sale & he uses them every day. I was lucky to find a nice sheer top/camisole that was marked down to $12.99 & I had a coupon for $10.00 off. It is bright red so will look nice with white, blue or maybe even black. I might wear it this Sunday & for my DH's 50th class reunion in Sept.

FHG, Good job with your cleaning too. Prayers for Victor too as he is going through a rough time.

cerb, I love fresh lemonade. I never thought about freezing lemon juice in ice cube trays. Glad that Rosie is on the mend.

Trusted Contributor

Arlene - Instead of letting the dog go in the crate you should call her over and sit on the floor with her. When we rescued our dog he would lay in the dining room and watch us. We finally figured out he did not know we wanted him in with us, so I would call him in and sit and pet him. After awhile he figured out we wanted him in the room with is, it took some time, but it was worth it.

LindaR - The wild flowers sound so pretty, can't wait until we get warmer weather and the flowers come out here.

Charlene - Around here the taste of the venison varies, if they feed on farm corn and crops the meat is more tender. If you get a deer that ran a lot the meat is tougher, I did mine in the crackpot and it was very tender.

Have a good evening everyone.

Respected Contributor

Susan, I have a problem with Angelica...(besides the fact that if I got down on the floor with her, I might now get up again! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}) - she never "goes" in her crate, but will make a mad dash upstairs (even right after being outside for a few hours) and pees there. Any idea on what I can do about that?

Autumn is turning out to be a real sweetheart (although she's not my precious Angel whom I miss so much), and is finally house trained, but Honeybun is another one I can't figure out. If I give her a bowl of kibble outside, it'll sit there all day. Yet when I bring her in, she'll head right for Autumn's bowl and finish every last piece of kibble in it, then try and beg some of anything I might be eating myself - she acts as if she's starving. She's also very, very fussy about which canned food I gave her - she prefers the chopped, although she'll eat beef or chicken chunks - but some kinds she won't touch at all (such as stew), BUT....she'll eat virtually anything and everything else....including the "chocolate crunchies" from the litter boxes, if I don't watch her carefully. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} In fact, I can't put any food down anyplace near her, and she's figured out how to open the drawer that I had been keeping the kitty treats in, so I had to find a new home for them.

Wow, Jean, medical costs sure have gone up! {#emotions_dlg.scared} My late husband was sick for exactly 50 days from the day he first collapsed until he died (lung cancer which metastasized to his brain); about 40 of those days were in the hospital, most of them in ICU. The bill was 50 something thousand dollars....which the Lord made provision for. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} (That was 23 years ago.)

Pinky, I am blessed with lots of storage - it was one of the deciding factors on choosing this house. There are two room-sized closets, a walk-in closet, one very large (almost walk-in) closet, a regular sized closet in my bedroom, and two very big linen closets...also a basement, garage, and storage building. The only place I don't have sufficient storage is the kitchen.

Thanks for the prayers for Victor and his mom; he's a sweet guy.

Well,l I think I might at least put the winter sweaters away. I'll leave out a couple of sweaters that are spring themed, but if the weather did turn again, the "regular" winter clothes are easily accessible.

Hope you all have a good night!