Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT Monday, Oct. 12th

Good morning ladies, hope all ia well.

I was just sitting here and thought I would start the thread.  Not much going on today, I do plan on sorting thru my fall clothes and getting rid of what I know I will not wear this year.  You ladies know what I am talking about, the shirts that keep getting put to the bottom of the pile and are never worn.  Well, out they are going. 

LindaR - Happy belated birthday, hope you had a great day.

Twinny - Hope your mom is doing well.

Jean - I know you like the Jessie Stone movies, there is a new one on Oct. 18th, didn't know if you had heard that.

Well off to do some decluttering.  Have a good morning everyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT Monday, Oct. 12th

Good morning Susan!  And all who follow!

Linda!!  Happy happy birthday!

I am about to go for a walk.  Have not focused on exercise at all and my shorts were a bit tight yesterday.  I too have overflowing closet syndrome.  I brought about 20 shirts, have added a few for both of us, and now need to remove some.

Kyanne is resting her head on my leg and prodding so I guess we need to "get the lead out".  Hugs to all!

Esteemed Contributor

SSUSAN,  Good job with the decluttering.  I won't probably be able to do mine until next month.  Mom is doing better with her memory today.  Thank goodness.  DH & I got flu shots this morning.  He went to the hearing center & I went to the bank & on to see mom.  I had to check her insurance cards in today & she was waiting for PT.  She did tell me that she couldn't wait until her 2 weeks was up wth rehab.  Tomorrow DH & I are heading to Madison early to get our Forester an oil change.    My microwave died on Sat. night so I am waiting for the service guy to call me back.  It is only 6 months with a 5 year warranty.  Hopefully we can go there at about the same time s they are both being done in Madison.  Mom's party is on Sat. so I have a lot to do before then.  Not much house to clean but lots to catch up on from vacation.  I hung 6 loads of laundry out yesterday, so we should be the cleanest people in town right now.  Plus 4 loads on Sat.  I don't think that mom has washed clothes for a very long time.  She had more stuff than we did.  RC, It is nice to hear from you again too.  I did my walk this a.m., but it was cut short with a few sprinkles.  Then when I was driving down for my flu shot it quit already.  Off to make a bunch of phone calls & get some more wash off the lines.  I did a little fall decorating in the house before vacation, but bought a few cute things.  3 little pumpkins & a little scare crow.  Mom's situation has put me in a funky mood, so I hope this gives me a little more cheer.  Hugs to all of you.  P.S.  DD had flu like symptoms last Monday.  She was worse on Friday so went to the Urgent Care place yesterday.  She has pneumonia.  She said she could do nothing all week & doesn't know what her family ate, but said that they are still all alive yet.  Prayers for her.  She is bringing Grandma's cake down on Saturday.

Honored Contributor

Hello to all, and thanks Susan for starting the thread. Good for you for sorting through your closet/drawers and donating, I am still putting that off (don't know why).

RC, hope you enjoyed your walk, Nice to see your post this morning.

We are having a cold front move through today, started off warm and sunny, but breezy, it is now cloudy and cooling down somewhat. Too windy to do any raking or burning of leaves, so I ran some errands and scrubbed out the tub and tub surround this morning. Also looked through another cookbook and will add the very few recipes I ever use out of it to my personal cookbook and donate the book. Slowly trying to make space for things I use regularly. Planning bar-b-qued chicken, homemade fries and a salad for dinner. Nothing else going on here today. Hope everyone is having a good day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hi twinny, looks like we were posting at the same time. Good luck with your mom and her party.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Hi friends! LindaR - belated happy birthday!  Jean - hope you are rested up from your busy week and I'm glad the Susan Graver TSV worked out well for you.  Bernie - glad you told the story about your thyroid condition.  My legs are growing weaker, but I'm pretty sure that mine's from not enough exercise and having gained some weight.  I think you have a great attitude about your health.  Twinny - sorry about the issues with your mother.  Hugs to all caregivers!  Bummer about the microwave dying after 6 months which is annoying.  Arlene - how is Angelica doing?  Have you been able to find her a new home?  What cozy did you finish reading?  I just finished "The Quiche of Death", the first Agatha Raisin book by M.C. Beatan.  The protagonist was rather irascable but overall I enjoyed the book and plan to read more.

I had a busy week last week, with a trip to the MD and a trip to the dentist.  The dentist worked on my new replacement crown, trying to get a better bite, but it still hurts.  I don't think he has any idea why my tooth hurts.  I'm continuing my search to improve the plantar fasciitis in my foot.  Wearing supportive shoes and doing stretches has not helped.  I am trying new shoes (Ryka shoes, switching out the insoles with Vionic orthodic inserts), have a night splint to wear, and soon I'll have some daytime wraps to wear.  Hopefully I will find something that helps.  (Sorry to complain.)

I wish we were getting some cooler weather like the rest of you.  Saturday and Sunday it was 103 degrees here.  I'm sick of hot hot hot.  Maybe someday my DH and I will be snowbirds and spend the summer up north and the winter down south.  Sounds kind-of nice.  And speaking of leaves...Autumn is way off for us.  Our trees loose their leaves from mid-November to mid-December.

Today is a normal weekday for me, which is a mixture of household chores and working on my Bible study.  I actually enjoy quiet and productive days like this.  Hope you all have a nice Monday!   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

Twinny, you have been on my mind.  I know issues with Mom sound quite stressful.  So glad you had a good vacation and got all your laundry done.  You sound busy as a bee to me!!  lol

Snicks I never have really enjoyed walking.  I do love to dance - you would think I would do that more often.  I walked a mile then ran errands.  Now ready to go do another I guess.  I have a couple things I've been looking at - picture frames for our new family photo (do I want cherry to match the fan in the living room or black to match the curtain rods)?  And looking at new curtains.  ::sigh:: I'm not a decorator.  Never have been. 

These decisions give me anxiety - as silly as it sounds. 

We are supposed to get a cold front blowing in tomorrow.  Can't wait!  It is still hot and humid here.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Twinny: glad you mom seems to be a bit better. Know you have been planning her celebration. Hopefully you can make it a lovely event

Charlene: I have developed a bunion. I am trying home remedies. Don't want to think about surgery. I do so understand. Trying to find shoes I can tolerate!!

Leaves are falling. I think it is the drought. We are expecting another record hot day. Near 100. So I know how you feel.

Days are definitely getting shorter. Had to take out my recycle in the dark. Argh. When the time changes it will definitely be dark early
Respected Contributor

Kathleen. Yes they promise a cold front. Will see what difference it makes!!!!

Respected Contributor

Charlene!  so nice to "see" you.  This may or may not be helpful, but the last couple crowns I had done just ached for a month afterwards.  I was convinced it would need a root canal, and none too happy abou it, but eventually the pain went away.  I'm sorry you are dealing with that - and the plantar fascitis too.  I have that and it comes and goes.  I don't think about it much until it is bothering me again.  Have never worked out what makes it "go".  I'm really sick of hot weather too.  This time of year I get so very happy when  cooler breeze (anything below 80 will bring ouit the boots and hoodies) blows through.