Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, May 2nd

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.  Not much going on today, I do have a dentist appt. this afternoon but that is about it. 

Today is rather cloudy, not sure if it is supposed to rain.  We were supposed to have rain all day yesterday and ended up having a beautiful evening.  The sun started peeking out in the afternoon and the rain clouds left.  I have to say it was a pleasant surprise.  Of course at 4 o'clock this morning we had thunder and lightening that could have woke the dead,  now the sun is coming out. 

Well just wanted tomchwck in, hope everyone has a great morning,

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, May 2nd

Susan. DH & I checked into a motel in Savannah, TN last night & heard severe thunderstorm warnings.  Just a little rain.  This morning it is drizzly but mild temps.  We are soon heading to Shiloh to see some civil war sites.  We were in this area last year, but want to see it again as it was interesting & my great grandfather fought in the civil war.

We are enjoying taking our  time & just about caught up with sleep.

Tomorrow the plan is to see Loretta Lynn's home.  We saw her live show in Branson, MO many years ago & enjoyed it.

I read when I can, but sometimes it is tricky.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Susan - thanks for getting us started.  Weather here has been great, though I'm always hoping for more rain.  Twinny - I hope that you and your DH are having a wonderful time in Tennessee.  I've never been to TN, but sure hope to someday.  I think that visiting Shiloh and Loretta Lynn's home sound great.  Linda - I think that a trip to Oregon is something you would enjoy if you haven't been there.  I graduated from Pacific University, which is about halfway between Portland and the coast.  I enjoyed my years there very much.  If you're able to, travel down the coast, as it is really beautiful.

Today is going to be a "normal" day for me.  I'll be doing chores and working on my Bible study.  I'm also trying to get caught up on my reading.  Moving tubs of books into my new storage shed has reminded me of just how many books I have waiting to be read, lol.

Hope our regulars and visitors alike, have a wonderful Monday!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Like you, I don't have much exciting planned for today except for my annual physical.  This is the first time with our "new" doctor, so I'm curious about how it will go.  I still miss the wonderful doctor I had in Maryland.  But, not only have I moved, he has retired.  Around here, as in many places, primary care doctors are in short supply.

Glad your weather turned out to be better than expected yesterday.  Too bad the storm was so intense during the night.  It is sunny here today, and we are expecting highs in the low 80's.  It is supposed to get warmer the next few days (up to the low 90's), and then turn cooler for the weekend (highs in the 70's for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.)  

Hi twinny -- glad you could check in.  I know it can be difficult when you are on the road.  Sounds like you are having an interesting trip.  I would enjoy seeing Loretta Lynn's home and the Civil War battlefield sites.  I have been to TN several times, but I haven't visited those places.

Glad you have a favorable feeling about Oregon, Charlene.  I am pretty excited about the trip -- thinking about reading some travel books.  Good idea to tackle those tubs of books.  I need to do the same.

Waves to Jean (working today), Kathleen, Arlene, Bernie, snicks, Esse, Marijane, Rosa, Gayle, LindaR, pinky ann, Barbara, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH had an accident yesterday afternoon, but otherwise things went pretty well for our anniversary.  He is a very sweet man.  I hate it that he has this disease, but not much that can be done.

I didn't get around to going through my shoes yesterday, so that needs to be done today.  The book I'm reading is also giving me other ideas of things (like glasses and decorations) that should be donated.  Less is more.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies!  Thank you for starting us Susan.  Rainy and cool here too.  They predicted rain all weekend and it has been hit and miss, mostly miss and I guess that is good.  Got a text that country home lawn was a mess with branches and things so DH is eager to get home this weekend.

Charlene, are you enjoying your fitbit?  Sorry if you have mentioned it and I didn't see your comment. I got rid of a LOT of books last week and was so happy to have my home a little lighter and little more minimalist, though I will NEVER be a true minimalist.  I do like a sleeker look in the house and not so cluttered.

Twinny I hope you two have a wonderful relaxing vacation.

LInda, how exciting to have a trip planned!  I want to go see my sister soon.  I'm thinking at the end of the month. I'm glad you have something fun to look forward to.  Will someone else join you or will this be a solo venture? I'm sure it is difficult to see your Beloved go through this -  I know it would be difficult for me. I hate to see him struggle with his job...

Yesterday we visited the "Bass Pro Shop" that is across the street.  It was nice but not as nice as our local Cabela's store. We enjoyed getting out and ate at their restaurant too. I have been worn out from little sleep so the last 2 nights got  plenty of sleep and didn't do much.  Today I am back looking for jobs for us both.  Hugs to all!

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!!  Seems like forever since I have posted, but read faithfully each evening.

Twinny...glad to hear you are having a relaxing vacation.  I'm sure you needed it.

LindaL...glad the new facility you toured seems so nice and that respite care is available.  After watching my MIL go through the stages of the disease, you need to take care of yourself when you can.  Oregon sounds like a great trip!!

Kathleen...good luck with job search!!!  I know from DD, that it's tough...many never even responded to her applications.  Hopefully, the right ones come along.

Charlene...I have gotten rid of many of my books as I have been tied to my Kindle for several years.  I like the "less clutter", but it was difficult to let them go.

Birdmama...your Rocky looks amazing!!! 

snicks...congrats on the baby, love the name.

Jean...hope you are having a fun sub-day!!

I know I have missed some, but I must get back to work...going to try to post a little more often.  All is well with my family, so that makes for one, happy Mama!!!  Take care!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @PAlady for starting us today. Good luck with the dental appt. I have that coming up, but can't remember exactly when at the moment. It's very cool and cloudy here today also.

@twinny70, so glad you are enjoying your vacation and catching up on rest. Tn. is a beautiful state.

@cerb, good for you for all you have been getting done. Those book bins are heavy. Enjoy reading them when you get the chance.

@LindaLatte, good luck with your physical and new doc today. What I hate most about that is filling out all that paperwork, lol. Sorry about DH's accident yesterday. But I do hope you enjoy Oregon, it is beautiful, so green. It's been a while since I have been, but I did enjoy it so much.

@Rock_chick, hope you get to see your sister soon. And have fun cleaning up that yard this weekend, lol. Good luck on the job hunt.

Not much on my agenda for today, just the usual pick up/straighten up and figure out dinner, oh joy, lol. I did get my flower pots planted yesterday, so now waiting for them to fill in and grow. Still lots of work out there, but 55 degrees makes it difficult for me to get too involved in it, lol, I like it to be a little warmer before I can get too engrossed in weeding and that type thing. I do need to make a run to do a few errands at some point, but I'm not enthused about getting out and about today. Just lazy I guess. Have a nice day everyone. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@ksmitty28, we must have been typing at the same time. Wanted to say hi and nice to see your post this morning. Thanks re: baby. Have a good one.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @PAlady for the start

@ksmitty28 nice to meet you, I'm fairly new here & really enjoy chatting with the ladies every day or almost, come back soon

@twinny70, sounds you're having a great vacation, good for the soul.

@cerb, you know what they say, can't ever have too many books, but I do understand about the space issue

@LindaLatte keep your thoughts on Oregon, the planning is a good part of the vacation experience, you'll come back refreshed, will do you both a world of good.

We finally have sunshine today after more than a week! 50ish but windy, tomorrow to be 70 so may Spring is really here.  Getting caught up on laundry, & hopefully tonite I'll use the grill if the wind cooperates, some Italian sausage with a side of pasta.

Hope all have a good day/evening

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been a busier day at work than usual.  My manager is a real

She and I were passing each other in an aisle this morning and I smiled at her and said Good Morning.  She looked at me, looked me up and down and never spoke.  In my head I said, keep your eyes on the prize Bernie - remember the mortgage, rofl.

My father had a famous saying that I find I appreciate now more than ever:  "People are funny".

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise