Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, May 2nd

Hi girls!

I can't believe it's Monday already - seems like it was Monday just the other day. Time is sure flying by!

It's overcast out, with thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon and evening; we shall see - the rain forecast for the weekend never materialized, apart from about 14 raindrops on Saturday.

Mark - who was supposed to be here at noon - finally showed up at 3:30...no apology, of course, although when he saw I was in a vile mood (not being able to eat all day because I didn't want to start cooking and be interrupted didn't help any), he did knock a bit off his bill.  There wasn't enough time to get everything done before dark, but at least Angelica is enjoying her new kennel, one of the fences is repaired as is the porch door, and the kitchen sink leak fixed. All of which means, I'm going to have to put up with this another day. Cat Frustrated  I have to admit he does do good work, but his unreliability drives me nuts.  It's not just him - someone was supposed to call me about refinancing my mortgage last Thursday, and never did. We'll see if she keeps tonight's phone appointment...

While he was working I got the grass in the back yard cut so the kennel could be put into place, and I ended up cutting back a huge amount of weeds and trees (?) that have sprung up since last year. I had forgotten I had a bird bath - it was covered in ivy - and after I cut that back I filled it only to discover it had cracked, so into the trash it went.  I'm paying for my efforts today....I ache all over. Cat Frustrated

I decided to put the kennel with one end under the muscadine arbor, where it fits nicely, so Angelica has her choice of shade or sun; of course her doghouse, which she loves, is in there too, so she's all set.

Bird, I thought I remembered a TV show from when I was a little girl called "People Are Funny;" I checked, and I was right - although I don't remember anything about it but the name.  I have a neighbor like that - walks right by me with her nose in the air - so I just ignore her; her loss!  (The nice neighbors all get baked goods.)

Enjoy your trip, twinny. I guess I should see some of the local Civil War sites (esoecially before the PC crowd obliterates them); funny how one (at least I) never take advantage of the local attractions - I did that in NYC and Hawaii too, and regret missing things.  Well, hopefully this month I'll finally get around to seeing Ruby Falls,  which I've been wanting to do for years.

LindaL - I haven't gotten around to my purses yet - all that remains of the change-of-season swap; we should plan to do your shoes and my purses at the same time and check in on each other. Cat Happy  I'm happy you had a nice anniversary.

Charlene, I also have piles and piles of books I want to read; unforfunately, many that I had stored in the garage got gnawed at and will have to be tossed - but I haven't had the heart to do that yet. Cat Sad There are two 4' high piles in my office alone, and I'm trying to work through them before I get any more...you got me hooked on "The Cat Who..." series, and I picked up a couple at the used book store. (I read a few of them years ago.) Thank goodness for eternal life!  BTW, if you have books you no longer one there's an organization called Books For Soldiers where you can send books to deployed troops; just add .com after the name (no spaces) if you want to check it out. 

Well, no special plans for today apart from homework; I'm hurting pretty badly after overdoing it yesterday, including my hands, so coloring is out - guess I'll go relax with a good book.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, May 2nd

Good evening, everyone. I am home from work a little later than usual. Like everyone else, we are having rain, rain, rain...and flood warnings in some areas. We had a lockdown at school today. It seems that threats against a school in a neighboring district were made on social media along with comments that the threats might be made elsewhere. So we endured an afternoon of being "locked" in classroom while the police searched the building.

I just turned on the TV and saw Women in Control being presented. Right now, I'm more interested in fixing dinner.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.